Rex Ryan MNF Lead-in

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None of this team garbage is going to mean a thing if we get curb stomped by the Panthers.

Can we give it a break with this McDermott hype?

Lay off the sauce Rex.

That was a lady?

Not the sexiest voice, but she did a good job.

Makes you wonder why Kim and the husband fell head over heels for him. Bad judgment.

It was the wine that Russ told him to buy.

Did anyone pay attention to Rex Ryan's intro to the MNF game last night where he explained what he would say to motivate the players? I found it pretty remarkable that his entire rant was to encourage the players to "do if for the name on your back."

If he truly was preaching individual achievement and encouraging the players to play for themselves, and not the guy next to him, its no wonder players start to revolt when he gives them assignments they don't like (DLine "drop into coverage" etc).

It's in direct contrast to the Bills coming out Sunday unified as a team. It really said a lot to me about his approach to coaching and why he is great at attracting players, probably by stroking their egos and promising to let them be the star, but has been awful at creating a cohesive team. Really, why his team despite the talent, just couldn't perform.

These are things we all observed over the last few seasons, both in New Jersey and unfortunately recently in Buffalo, but I felt he completely explained himself in one lousy, awkward rant.

Just was wondering if anyone else picked up on this.

NAILED IT!!!! I caught that too. It was a wtf is Rex spewing moment. There were so many of them in the long two years he destroyed our team.

You guys hate on Rex too much. Let em be. Sound like that one ex girlfriend that swaers shes over you but keeps talkin sht. Were on to Carolina. Sac up gentlemen.

Reptillian shape shifter. It starts with one.

Until the 4th quarter, I thought it was Scott Hamilton.

I didn't watch the game, but every forum that I have visited today said Beth's voice was quiet and irritating. Too bad, I think she does ok with college hoops.

I watched most of the first half. I thought Beth did a great job. Just today, I was telling a friend how I thought ESPN had the broadcasting teams messed up. Put Beth with Chucky and I'd watch regularly. I don't mind Sean McDonough, but he's not Al Michaels. Beth has a Suzyn Waldman quality to her voice and delivery (and I'm not a Yankees fan!). I thought it was outstanding. Things like volume and tone can often be addressed with good engineering.

One positive thing to note here:

The Terry Pegula who hired McDermott seems a million years removed from the Pegula who hired Rex Ryan.

It feels like the organization is in the best hands its been in in a long time

The progress Pegula is making as an owner is tangible.

One positive thing to note here:

The Terry Pegula who hired McDermott seems a million years removed from the Pegula who hired Rex Ryan.

It feels like the organization is in the best hands its been in in a long time

The progress Pegula is making as an owner is tangible.

As long as he lets Beane do his job, I agree. Pegula destroyed Whaley's career by being a meddling owner.

I watched most of the first half. I thought Beth did a great job. Just today, I was telling a friend how I thought ESPN had the broadcasting teams messed up. Put Beth with Chucky and I'd watch regularly. I don't mind Sean McDonough, but he's not Al Michaels. Beth has a Suzyn Waldman quality to her voice and delivery (and I'm not a Yankees fan!). I thought it was outstanding. Things like volume and tone can often be addressed with good engineering.

you like Susan waldman?

Rex should have stayed a D Coordinator, he was great at that in Baltimore and should never have seen if the grass was greener somewhere else. He did make me chuckle a little with his everyone hating NE comment, I do not recall his exact verbage.

I thought she was outstanding and I would also like to see her working with Chuckie

Good idea! Beth's voice is painful to listen to, and Rex adds very little to the broadcast.

Rex ought to be sued for grand larceny (stealing $$$ from Bills).

I know the politcally correct thing to do is drone on and on about how great Beth Mowins was because she is a woman but I wanted to take a steak knife and rupture both my eardrums listening to her. Absolutely god awful. Really dont need ESPN ramming her down my throat all season.