Rex Ryan MNF Lead-in

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite part was how he would motivate his players by talking about how much it meant to him as a coach....

Rex was an amazing DC. Decent HC when he wanted to work. Then he tossed it into cruise control and the results were what they were.

It's really amazing that as disorganized and lazy as he was that the team won 8 games then probably would have won 8 last year. Imagine if he actually tried

People give me flack when I say this, but Rex Ryan is football genius. But it takes a skillset that you're either broen with or you're not to be a HC. He'll be in the league again, maybe even successfully, but not as a HC.

That's Rex, play for yourself. If you feel like going offsides or holding, no big deal. He'll shake his head and, yeah, they'll be a penalty, but he's with you and there'll be more plays anyway. He's a "player's coach" and everyone loves him, he thinks. Plus he's a defensive genius, though you have to also be a genius to figure it all out. Perhaps it's simply a self serving scam but who really cares, as long as everyone thinks it's the product of a brilliant mind. Shall we adjourn to the bar?

could be in the top five of franchise gaffes since inception.....we lost TWO years.....

And we lost two years with a roster that was as close to contending as any we have had since the drought began. That is what really hurts. The right coaching decisions in January 2015 - either give Marrone the extension (so what if you fire him with 3 years left we just did that with Rex and Whaley?) or hire a semi-decent offensive minded HC and leave Schwartz in total control of the D and we would have made the playoffs in 2015.

I remember the moment I heard we hired Rex like it was yesterday. I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach. I still cannot get over the pure stupidity of that move. It was doomed to fail from day 1.

I hated the hire from day one.

The Buffoon destroyed this team just like I said he would.

If I hadn't renewed already before they hired Wrex I wouldn't have bothered.

I went to 1/2 the games in 2015 and boycotted the 2nd 1/2 of the season and didn't renew for 2016.

Thankfully they bit the bullet and fired the idiot and got a real coach.

Glad to see ESPN put him on the "D" team.

I turned the volume down and put on some music for game 2 on Monday.

I picked up on it IMMEDIATELY.

What coach tells players to play for the name on the back of the jersey?

I'm no Yankees fan, but that's a team that has never had names on the back. And they also have 27 (I think) world championships.

Rex Ryan is such a dolt.

considering the Yankees have the highest payroll in baseball, that's a strange analogy. It reminds me of when the rays put them out of the penant race with a team making less then ONE yankee.

considering the Yankees have the highest payroll in baseball, that's a strange analogy. It reminds me of when the rays put them out of the penant race with a team making less then ONE yankee.

Since 1998, the team with the highest payroll in baseball has won the World Series three times. It was the Yankees. But it's been proven, time and time again, that the highest payroll rarely results in a championship.

That's Rex, play for yourself. If you feel like going offsides or holding, no big deal. He'll shake his head and, yeah, they'll be a penalty, but he's with you and there'll be more plays anyway. He's a "player's coach" and everyone loves him, he thinks. Plus he's a defensive genius, though you have to also be a genius to figure it all out. Perhaps it's simply a self serving scam but who really cares, as long as everyone thinks it's the product of a brilliant mind. Shall we adjourn to the bar?

Anyone should be able to figure out what Rex meant??

Players play for themselves. Always have, always will. Doing what the coach asks is playing for themselves also as it leads to more paychecks, a place on the team, and less getting cut from teams.

People give me flack when I say this, but Rex Ryan is football genius. But it takes a skillset that you're either broen with or you're not to be a HC. He'll be in the league again, maybe even successfully, but not as a HC.

I see your point. Where I differ from you isn't in the normal "Rex sucks" mentality. He was a genius prior to the NFL changing the rules in the passing game. After that he couldn't adapt. It wasn't just the fact that he is not HC material. He has not shown the ability to get away from Island man coverage, Oversized LB's, stop the run first type defense. That isn't how defense is played anymore. A genius would see that and adapt and not hold onto a defensive style best suited for the 70's/80's/90's/early 2000's.