Rapoport: It's a Make or Break Year for Marcell Dareus

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One that everyone (myself included) would have flipped out had we not agreed to.

In hindsight it's terrible. At the time it made sense.

It was a head-scratcher at the time. It's the exact opposite of what you give a guy with motivational and maturity issues like Dareus. You give that guy a big heavily incentive laden deal with big guarantees only for injury.

If we lost him a lot of the fans would have been pissed but it would still have been the right move. GMs who listen to the fans find themselves sitting with them. Case in point.

Edited by Rob's House

The fact that we cant out of it even with suspensions is what makes it bad, even without the benefit of hindsight.

Well yeah, although I'm pretty sure no one (fans) knew about that at the time.

We were just happy he was signed up. Anyone saying they weren't is lying honestly.

They're the same type of poster that is still crying about Peters at night.

We won't know for sure until the All 22 is out and people better informed than most of us analyze it, but ... seems to me that the D line collectively did a fine job (38 yards rushing from the Jets backs - what do people want?), and that Marcell held his own other than on that TD run. The joke may be on Marcell however: he presumably hated being told to occupy space/occupy the center (and sometimes a guard) under Rex so that the linebackers/safeties could roam free - he wanted to be able to make plays himself. Today? If the tape confirms my guess, he occupied space/the Jets O linemen and the result was Humber and Poyer and crew made plays.

We won't know for sure until the All 22 is out and people better informed than most of us analyze it, but ... seems to me that the D line collectively did a fine job (38 yards rushing from the Jets backs - what do people want?), and that Marcell held his own other than on that TD run. The joke may be on Marcell however: he presumably hated being told to occupy space/occupy the center (and sometimes a guard) under Rex so that the linebackers/safeties could roam free - he wanted to be able to make plays himself. Today? If the tape confirms my guess, he occupied space/the Jets O linemen and the result was Humber and Poyer and crew made plays.

12 points surrendered on 214 total yards and 11 first downs. Dareus was terrible. :lol:

I'd be half tempted to eat his contract and trade him for a player and a pick. Seriously. He's gonna be bad for morale on our D.

now that he has already been scolded a few times by the new regime, dude has checked out imo...i wouldn't be surprised if he isn't putting in full effort just so the team will let him go...he already knows he is still getting paid.

So is dareus the new whipping boy now that sammy is gone

nah...people been pissed at Dareus for a few years now...fans just used to give him passes in hopes that he would change...I'm taking it that they are no longer in the giving mood anymore.

Yep.

New regime wants him gone so fans gotta follow suit.

well...they didn't want him gone when they first got here...they gave him a clean slate...unfortunately in a span of 4 months, they have already had to scold him twice...Marcell just has a crappy attitude and doesn't care about anyone but himself.

I shared an elevator w/ MD at the Curtis in Buffalo on Saturday night. He was taking a friend/family member up to his room. The guy is an absolute freak of nature, a huge human being.

I root for him to succeed.

He was quietly effective today. If you're looking for stats, wrong game. If you're looking for a reason to B word about him performance-wise today, how about looking across the line at #64 and his increasing tendency to draw flags on 2 yd runs.

Edited by stony

well...they didn't want him gone when they first got here...they gave him a clean slate...unfortunately in a span of 4 months, they have already had to scold him twice...Marcell just has a crappy attitude and doesn't care about anyone but himself.

I wouldn't go that far. I just don't think he likes football very much anymore and isn't motivated to be the best he can be.