Non-Bills - The Embarrassment that Syracuse Football Is

OldTimer1960

I remember growing with SU football in the late 90's. The McNabb era Orangemen never won the major bowl games, but they could beat anyone any given Saturday. SU football was relevant to college football. It was such an incredibly exciting time to be an Orange fan. The environment at the Dome was second to none. It's really sad to watch this. Attending Bills games is awesome, but I wish that an elite college team was close to home. I used to have that with SU. As someone who isn't into basketball, it disappoints me to know that SU is now a basketball only school.

Maybe they should bring Martine back. I remember how so many Bills fans said he was amazing at Syracuse despite his .500 record there.

The Marrone years were nothing like the glory days, but at least the program was respectable. SU football wasn't exciting by any means, but it wasn't a total joke. Prior to the arrival of Marrone, SU football was a joke. We have now returned to the status of being a complete joke. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

A lot of emotion at best and ignorance at worst in this thread.

Dino will right the ship. He is playing Freshmen and was left virtually nothing save Dungy at the skill positions (Shafer was a disaster as a HC). It will take five years, but it will be ok.

I hope so, but I don't think that SU gets the type of talent it takes to win these days. If Dino does "right the ship" we're looking at .500 seasons like the Marrone days. I don't see this school competing with teams like Clemson or FSU ever again. When people actually enjoyed SU football they could beat anyone. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.