Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

Tyrod was unleashed alright 16/28 224 2TD 1 int. kind of like what he usually does. Nothing spectacular, he was ok today and average at best against a god awful team. Better test next week.

...first day in class for coaches, several players and new schemes......what was the expectation?....a W is a W with plenty of homework IMO.............

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod was unleashed alright 16/28 224 2TD 1 int. kind of like what he usually does. Nothing spectacular, he was ok today and average at best against a god awful team. Better test next week.

The CBS crew postgame all said how TT is under rated. All of them.

Tyrod Taylor's 16-for-28 day included going 8-9 to the middle of the field. 19 targets to backs/TEs, 8 to WRs, 1 throwaway. #bills

lol everyone knows you were just waiting to jump in if his play went south but you could not do it today and look ridiculous

You know it and I know it....sorry it didnt work your way this week

lol everyone knows you were just waiting to jump in if his play went south but you could not do it today and look ridiculous

You know it and I know it....sorry it didnt work your way this week

Why are people like this? I always root for whoever the QB is to win, even if I don't care for the QB. I want to win. that should be the bottom line for fans. But not some.

Why are people like this? I always root for whoever the QB is to win, even if I don't care for the QB. I want to win. that should be the bottom line for fans. But not some.

I dont know....if they went with Peterman I would totally be rooting for him and I absolutely think we should take a qb in next years qb rich draft.....

but hey....lets downplay good play and critiiq the crap out of him needlessly

Bc they would rather be right. Ultimately they probably change their usernames and come back under a different persona bc the thousands of idiotic posts criticizing Player xyz cant be undone.

Bills fans are ridiculous. TT wouldve had 300 all purpose yards and 3TD and 0 turnovers if Clay could catch a ball. But yeh, thats average around here. Nothing special at all.

As far as the stat line goes, you're absolutely right. Taylor's play was really good today. Nothing spectacular, but really good. And today he had a number of passes "over the middle" and a number of plays where he progressed through his reads.

I figured this would just be a warm up game, anyway.

Clearly it was from the attitude of most.

I dont know....if they went with Peterman I would totally be rooting for him and I absolutely think we should take a qb in next years qb rich draft.....

but hey....lets downplay good play and critiiq the crap out of him needlessly

Yep. me too.

I will have to rewatch the play. I cant remember if he was open on his crossing route. From what i remember that pass was fine exactly where it was bc if he leads him more that play will be contested by the defender. That ball placement by TT only Clay could catch it. Most importantly, it was by no means a circus catch. In the end zone space is tight. That ball was right on his hands. Play makers make plays. Clay needs to make that catch 99% of the time or he has no business being a starting TE in the NFL.

Just watching the replay - TT hits his drop and Clay is at the 4 getting ready to make his break. If he throws the ball there - the Jets LB is inside, but tight and that is the window.

TT pulls it down and takes 2-3 steps to the left - Clay starts to get open, but by the time he throws it Clay has the LB underneath and is being run into the outside coverage.

TT puts the ball in a good place, but the throw was late. You see Clay barely get a hand on the throw.

The throw is a part of the issue, but it is about timing more than anything. That throw needs to be made earlier. At the time of the throw - he protected Clay with the back shoulder, but that would of taken an incredible catch. If the ball comes out on time there is a chance, but late throws in the red zone are not good most of the time.

As far as the stat line goes, you're absolutely right. Taylor's play was really good today. Nothing spectacular, but really good. And today he had a number of passes "over the middle" and a number of plays where he progressed through his reads.

I figured this would just be a warm up game, anyway.

Clearly it was from the attitude of most.

I wouldn't say really good. however, he got the job done. I was more impressed with coaching, I thought for his debut, McD did a fine job.

Can't complain about this performance from TT today. Heck, checking ou most the box scores around the league TT is probably in the 90th percentile this week in terms of overall play. Jets aren't a great team but their defnese is probably at least average at worse. It's their offense that makes that team the favorite for the #1 pick. But I think the 49ers and maybe even Colts might have something to say about that. But with their scheudle it's just hard to see where the Jets will win a game.