Game plan for 2018 took a hit last night

gjv001

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many Bills fans were disappointed with the Kansas City upset last night.

If KC is as good as they played last night, our second first round pick will be in the high 20's at best.

The Bills made the trade knowing it would be a pick near the end of the first round. KC is a good team.

Ridiculous to say they have the toughest schedule. No one has a clue right now whose schedule is tough--and they just beat the Pats and Brady In Foxborogh, something only one other AFC team has done in the last 10 years. Keep dreaming.

first, i think last night was an anomaly kind of game. alex smith is not going to do that every week. has never done that. his best year as a pro was last year with 3500 yards passing. so the offense will still be around 20th where it was last year. I see the defense taking a huge hit. their defense has gotten them through the last few years and I just don't see it getting better from last year losing berry. look at their schedule.

wentz rivers cousins, texans, steelers, raiders broncos cowboys giants. that is one tough run man.

they've won so many games cause they have had a top 7 yards defense over that time and top 5 scoring defense. last year they dropped to 24th in yards but 7th in scoring. their offensehad to score more than 18 to win games as the defense didn't allow more than 18 per game. I see the trend going downwards. they allowed 370 yards last night and 28 points. they have the toughest schedule right now in the league.

That Chief's offense was no slouch last night.

It is entirely possible that the Cheif's offense improved a little bit from last year and they are going to be a force in the AFC. Actually, based on last night's game, it looks like that is likely to be the case.

Guest NeckBeard

Initially I was disappointed that NE lost, because, in our family pool (I have won it the last 2 years), I picked NE for max confidence points. However, first, I love it when NE loses in this fashion, which is rare, and second, everybody picked NE for max confidence points, so I ended up in first place. I don't know how, but I did.

That Chief's offense was no slouch last night.

It is entirely possible that the Cheif's offense improved a little bit from last year and they are going to be a force in the AFC. Actually, based on last night's game, it looks like that is likely to be the case.

alex smith has had weapons and a run game with the chiefs before and still only threw about 3500 yards or less. go look at his past years...he has one 300 yards game per year the last few years. then he comes back down to the 200 yard or so per game average.

they've won so many games cause they have had a top 7 yards defense over that time and top 5 scoring defense. last year they dropped to 24th in yards but 7th in scoring. their offensehad to score more than 18 to win games as the defense didn't allow more than 18 per game. I see the trend going downwards. they allowed 370 yards last night and 28 points. they have the toughest schedule right now in the league.

So youre saying them going 12-4 was a fluke last yr? I dont understand your argument. When you dont see wins on their schedule are you thinking theyre going to go 6-10? Or are you talking 9-7?

In another thread here i stated that the Chiefs are a lock for 9-7 or 10-6 this year (taking into account their tough division). 1-0 right now when everyone had them 0-1.

They're most likely going to split (at worst) vs broncos and chargers. 2 more wins.

At worst theyll split the eagles/skins which are both in their house. 1 more win.

I say they split the Oakand series. 1 more win.

They play us at home. 1 more win.

They play the Jets. 1 more win.

They play miami at home. 1 more win.

They will win one of games either vs Dallas, Houston, Pitt. 1 more win.

Me being completely conservative, worst case they go 9-7.

I just dont get how you can say you dont see wins on their schedule.

They did replace a lot of known talent with unknowns like Maclin for Hill, Charles for Hunt, etc. I could see the argument either way for them struggling on O. Their D/ST is consistently stellar though.

Maclin and Charles both missed significant time last year and their offense wasn't all that good. 20th in yards.

They still won 12 games, giving them their 4th straight winning season, 3rd double digit win season in 4 years and 3rd playoff appearance in 4 years.

They're consistently good.