Anyone else get pissed when Michael's disrespected Buffalo?

JerseyBills

Buffalo needs to earn respect period...who cares about who said what. Winning is the only way to shut people up. Buffalo needs to earn respect period...who cares about who said what. Winning is the only way to shut people up.

100 percent on the money. Best comment ive seen in a while.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But then Al said something to the effect of "No kidding".

Like "Yes Chris, I know I am going to get hate email from WNY now!"

I don't think he meant it as the vicious assault some are painting it.

Al would praise the Bills a much as ridicule them, if there was something to praise.

Letting the wrong talent go, drafting the wrong talent in the first place, and retaining the wrong talent are all management choices and are most certainly a part of the 17 year **** show in WNY.

Al's point was basically that NE is successful b/c they can evaluate talent and use it to their benefit, and the Bills seem to struggle in that (and other) department(s).

I couldn't agree with that more actually.

I still did not like the comment when it happened though!

Yep, I don't think Michael's was hating on Buffalo. He has struck me as one of the best in the business for a reason.

From today's MMQB "Quotes of the Week" section:

“Sometimes I think the Patriots have better Buffalo players than Buffalo has.”

—NBC’s Al Michaels, in the first half of the Patriots’ season-opener against the Chiefs.

Ex-Bill Chris Hogan was a Super Bowl hero for New England last year. Ex-Bill Mike Gillislee rushed for three New England touchdowns Thursday night.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/11/week-1-nfl-awards-marshawn-lynch-tj-watt-mmqb

Edited by UB2SF

This is piling on??

Sure -- spotlighting for his readers and embellishing it further sure seems like piling on. To be clear, it actually doesn't bother me much, but I was amused by the range of reactions to the original diss (if it even was one) and thought I'd post this as a service to our community! ;-)

From today's MMQB "Quotes of the Week" section:

“Sometimes I think the Patriots have better Buffalo players than Buffalo has.”

—NBC’s Al Michaels, in the first half of the Patriots’ season-opener against the Chiefs.

Ex-Bill Chris Hogan was a Super Bowl hero for New England last year. Ex-Bill Mike Gillislee rushed for three New England touchdowns Thursday night.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/11/week-1-nfl-awards-marshawn-lynch-tj-watt-mmqb

Who cares about this stuff? I always find it comical the demands of respect by this fan base. This teams deserves no respect, you earn respect and we haven't earned it. What we have done is frequently let better players leave while we stay in a place of mediocrity for almost 2 decades. And lots of those players go on to be anything from key role players to pro bowlers on other teams while we scramble to replace them.

Ironically, we not only suck at winning, we also suck at sucking keeping us from high draft picks unless we trade for them.