Anyone else get pissed when Michael's disrespected Buffalo?

JerseyBills

The Pats have three Bills players. Hogan is average. Gilislee will help them a lot and I wish we kept him but they have three other guys. Gilmore they gambled on. They don't usually pay that much money. Satan obviously thought he was great. We'll see.

They also have Alan Branch.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A classless comment and just a continuation of the espn narrative. The Bills are a joke and NE can do no wrong. It was disgusting how they kissed Bradys and Belicheks ass all night and then watched KC kick their ass with barely anything to say at the end. The picture of all the sad fans in complete despair when they were only down by 1 pt with plenty of time left was fukin priceless. I watched the game with a friend from Mass who threatened to kick me out if the Pats were losing at the end of the 3rd. He was practically in tears by the end. Hilarious

They also have Alan Branch.

I liked Branch and MG, but I am glad they overpaid for Gilmore. He is an overrated prima donna athlete and not a real football guy. A lot like Sammy. People got mad when the Bills let these guys go but they are not team players imo. Football is a team sport and these guys who are more ego celebrity oriented get in the way. Edited by Turk71

A classless comment and just a continuation of the espn narrative. The Bills are a joke and NE can do no wrong. It was disgusting how they kissed Bradys and Belicheks ass all night and then watched KC kick their ass with barely anything to say at the end. The picture of all the sad fans in complete despair when they were only down by 1 pt with plenty of time left was fukin priceless. I watched the game with a friend from Mass who threatened to kick me out if the Pats were losing at the end of the 3rd. He was practically in tears by the end. Hilarious

The game was onNBC not ESPN

No **** Sherlock. I watched the game. I was merely stating that they were regurgitating the same bull **** repeated ad nauseam on ESPN. So glad you are there to point out imaginary mistakes.

Excuse me. Have another drink. Michaels has nothing to do with ESPN. He made one throwaway comment and everyone's all nuts over it.

Hogan had a great game in the AFC Championship game that gained him a lot of National Respect. The same goes for Gillislee...He had 3 TDs in front of the national audience. Nobody said Gilli is their starting RB...They were good players who are playing well in that system. I am sure Gilmore will have a monster year too. The Pats are that good...But for me it is the Journey of the 2017 Buffalo Bills that will interest me.

Gillislee is a good player. I'm not going to bash him, but let's be honest. Sometimes touchdowns don't mean a guy had a great game. With good blocking I'm sure any of us could score from a yard. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Excuse me. Have another drink. Michaels has nothing to do with ESPN. He made one throwaway comment and everyone's all nuts over it.

Again , what about when he said Mike Gillislee looked like Leveon Bell after a pedestrian 6 yard run ? I damn near spit out my drink! Then he made the Buffalo comment, it was sad really.

The poster is right, they couldn't get their mouths off the Pats nuts

Again , what about when he said Mike Gillislee looked like Leveon Bell after a pedestrian 6 yard run ? I damn near spit out my drink! Then he made the Buffalo comment, it was sad really.

The poster is right, they couldn't get their mouths off the Pats nuts

I could care less about comparing him to a Steeler. The thing that got people all upset was his one line about them having better Bills than the Bills. And you know that.

Announcers say dumb things all the time. It was a throwaway line trying to be witty. Big deal.

No, it didn't bother me at all because after 17 years, the Bills deserve all the negative comments they get. Good teams rarely get fleeced. The Bills lost Gillesse because the GM put a 5th round tender on him.

The Bills lost Hogan because the GM mismanaged the cap and couldn't match the offer NE placed. Think the Bills missed him last year when's Watkins went down and were dumpster diving for WRs?

Gilmore is a decent corner, but I think they will realize quick that he isn't a shut down corner, but can make an occasional play vs subpar QBs.

Edited by LTarmy

And when the Bills are in the running for the playoffs, we will get a ton of love.

Well, that "when" will be a long time coming. My guess is that the drought hits at least 20, maybe even 25. The only things that are different between the current regime and past ones are the names and faces.

Gillie would be a backup and Hogan would be #4 because he sucks. I'm sick of hearing about that scrub. He is gone and I'm happy for it. He doesn't get separation and is a poor route runner. As for Gillmore, I'm not so sure he is better than what the Bills have due to scheme.

As for the comment, doesn't matter much. Sometimes you say thing and you regret it. He's on live TV and he has a low opinion of the Bills talent right now, most fans have a low opinion as well. Only time will tell and only wins will change that.

The Bills are working towards something finally, they have what looks to be a solid coaching staff, let's see what happens.

The Bills are working towards the exact same thing they've been working at for the last 17 years: maximizing profits by minimizing salaries without alienating the fans so much that they stop buying tickets.

well, the best coach in the league and defending champions disagree.

hah again, sleep well.

And easily one of the best NFL coaches of all times. Somehow, I think I'd trust his player evals over some neophyte HC.

Shady's better than Hunt. And Hunt was a monster last night.

The Chief's OL is seriously better than the Bills' OL.. Shady would run wild behind it.

It's 2017 now, that title might change, the best coach in the league just got 42 points put on him and had Alex Smith probably play the best game of his career and a rookie RB embarass him, at Home.

ROTFLMAO! Dream on.

Edited by SoTier

Michael's comments stung, no doubt. But the Patriots as a team and organization are so strong that they can make the best of a player's talents. The Bills need to start dong this in order to avoid these kinds of comparisons.

Gillislee is a good second level runner and looked good on those TDs because of the Patriots strong offensive line. Gilmore seemed to be exposed for what he is and could be a liability to them as the season progresses. Hogan looked extremely average when Brady ran out of first line receivers to target and against the Chief's very goo defense. In fact Brady looked average when his remaining receivers could not get open. The way the game played out is somewhat of a vindication to Michael's cheap shots. The Bills need to put up and Michael's will shut up.

We've been the farm team to the NFL for a long time now, if you're upset at Michael's comment you should be angrier at the last 17 years of Bills mismanagement.

Well, our "farm team" hasn't provided many success stories for other teams. I couldn't care less what Michaels said. I just found it lacking humor because it's not the reality. We've been a losing franchise because of bad coaching, no QB, and poor management. It's not because we let our talent go imo. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Collinsworth's response was classic 'they're gonna circle the wagons on you'. It felt like a tip of the hat to Boomer, and trying to get Michaels back in line.

But then Al said something to the effect of "No kidding".

Like "Yes Chris, I know I am going to get hate email from WNY now!"

I don't think he meant it as the vicious assault some are painting it.

Al would praise the Bills a much as ridicule them, if there was something to praise.

Well, our "farm team" hasn't provided many success stories for other teams. I couldn't care less what Michaels said. I just found it lacking humor because it's not the reality. We've been a losing franchise because of bad coaching, no QB, and poor management. It's not because we let our talent go imo.

Letting the wrong talent go, drafting the wrong talent in the first place, and retaining the wrong talent are all management choices and are most certainly a part of the 17 year **** show in WNY.

Al's point was basically that NE is successful b/c they can evaluate talent and use it to their benefit, and the Bills seem to struggle in that (and other) department(s).

I couldn't agree with that more actually.

I still did not like the comment when it happened though!

But then Al said something to the effect of "No kidding".

Like "Yes Chris, I know I am going to get hate email from WNY now!"

I don't think he meant it as the vicious assault some are painting it.

Al would praise the Bills a much as ridicule them, if there was something to praise.

Letting the wrong talent go, drafting the wrong talent in the first place, and retaining the wrong talent are all management choices and are most certainly a part of the 17 year **** show in WNY.

Al's point was basically that NE is successful b/c they can evaluate talent and use it to their benefit, and the Bills seem to struggle in that (and other) department(s).

I couldn't agree with that more actually.

I still did not like the comment when it happened though!

I agree with that. The Bills have done very poorly with evaluating talent. I take issue with the Patriot worship. They've only done so great "evaluating talent" because they have Tom Brady. In fact the Pats have mostly drafted like crap.