SI Article- With Confidence- The Bills are Not Tanking

jethro_tull

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's building a team, not just putting a bunch of talented players on the roster. Some pieces just don't fit. There is no way they would have signed SW for the money he's going to demand and people would have been more pissed that they let him walk for nothing. Get something for him and avoid a messy situation in the off season. If a player doesn't fit the scheme, try to get something for him and ship him out. Letting JW go was more of a ST decision than anything, TJ is good special team'er.

I can't really argue too much about any of their moves to this point.

We can't really argue with any of their moves to this point , is because we haven't seen anything ( YET )

Let's see what happens on Monday morning

Do you think Kelly competes with the likes of Mike VIck or Mike Tyson?

Or how about woman beaters, murderers or rapist?

because he drank and was high spirited?

Ever been young?

the poster said he was a douchebag when he was younger and I agreed and stand by that. Did I say he was a woman beater, rapists or murderer, no, so just chill out.

And to answer your question, I was never young, I was born mature, you are probably pretty jealous of me, I cant help you there friend.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Denver - since 2000 (post-Elway) have had a losing record twice.

Baltimore - Under Harbaugh have one losing season. They finished 8-8 a year ago and are mostly "playoff-caliber" imo.

From 2006-2016 Denver's record has looked a lot like the Bills' +1 win, outside of the 4 years of Peyton Manning. 9-7, 7-9, 8-8, 8-8, 4-12, 8-8, 9-7 in years without Manning.

Ravens stalling has been a more recent occurrance, so not as much of a trend, but 8-8, 5-11, 10-6, 8-8 in the past 4 years doesn't scream 'always in it' to me.

I added Seattle because since 2012 they've made the playoffs every year and have gone 11-5, 13-3, 12-4, 10-6, 10-5-1.

They have plenty of cap next year. Over $35 million. Not counting players such as Shady, Kyle, and Tyrod possibly coming off the books who else are they paying significantly besides Dareus?

Assuming their plan is to draft a QB they won't have to pay him or pretty much anyone for another 5 years.

They don't want to spend that much on the WR position. It's not about available cap, it's about how they want to allocate the cap space.

the poster said he was a douchebag when he was younger and I agreed and stand by that. Did I say he was a woman beater, rapists or murderer, no, so just chill out.

And to answer your question, I was never young, I was born mature, you are probably pretty jealous of me, I cant help you there friend.

The poster posted J K was the biggest douchebag in professional sports.

Little bit of a difference, don't you think?

I'll take your advice though...

Edited by Figster

The poster posted J K was the biggest douchebag in professional sports.

Little bit of a difference, don't you think?

I'll take your advice though...

Poster, here. Hi.

I said one of the biggest ... and I stand by it.

There's a big difference between a douchebag (Jim Kelly, Curt Schilling, Bryce Harper) and a criminal.

Don't you think?

They don't want to spend that much on the WR position. It's not about available cap, it's about how they want to allocate the cap space.

Right, they're following Carolinas pay structure at positions they value. The question is after finding a qb, if u dont keep ej gaines you now need to draft a CB OT LB WR DT, and a new RB. They build through the draft but they would need to pick up some FAs to fill pos of need.

What does this even mean?

Sammys too talented to keep on the team to build a roster? Why wouldn't a talented player like Sammy fit?

IMO, Sammy fits anywhere and in any scheme. He wasn't a one trick pony, the guy actually runs some pretty crisp routes. He also could blow by a defender in a heartbeat.

True but seems fits are better than other. Where would Sammy be more productive, with TT or with Peterman,, i say TT no doubt.

I think he could excel just as easily with either QB. We didn't use him the way we should have. He could be running the slants, outs, and screens with Peterman that Tyrod doesn't seem to throw. He could still hit the deep routes and posts with Tyrod as well as the outs from time to time. Either way, he would have been the most productive WR on our team hands down.

I think he could excel just as easily with either QB. We didn't use him the way we should have. He could be running the slants, outs, and screens with Peterman that Tyrod doesn't seem to throw. He could still hit the deep routes and posts with Tyrod as well as the outs from time to time. Either way, he would have been the most productive WR on our team hands down.

In a run heavy WCO that operates best when the balls evenly distributed.

Do you think S W gets enough touches to equal a 4th overall pick of the draft salary?

Under the circumstances I don't...

In a run heavy WCO that operates best when the balls evenly distributed.

Do you think S W gets enough touches to equal a 4th overall pick of the draft salary?

Under the circumstances I don't...

How did Andre Johnson and Demaryius Thomas fare in the system? Rather well IIRC.

No the guy the Broncos signed too their PS for $550K around 10x what a PS player makes.

He's making $30K/week with the minimum set at $7200/week. Pretty darned good for a guy no team wanted.