Bowles not naming some starters for "strategic" reasons

YoloinOhio

http://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2017/09/06/jets-coach-todd-bowles-not-naming-some-starters-strategic-reasons/639771001/

Bowles declined to reveal his full starting lineup on Wednesday because it's "a strategic thing."

Bowles also declined to reveal who would return punts.

"That's strategic as well," Bowles said.

Bowles also declined to name the backup quarterback, saying he'll make a decision sometime this weekend.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great coordinator who isn't a good head coach.

Of course this year he's pretty much set up to fail this season. They're just making him earn his money and take the hit so they can fire him in a few months and someone else can reap the reward of having the #1 pick in the draft to start his coaching stint with.

He sure thinks he's the Hoodie

Didn't we do this at some point? Marrone?

Another great coordinator who isn't a good head coach.

Of course this year he's pretty much set up to fail this season. They're just making him earn his money and take the hit so they can fire him in a few months and someone else can reap the reward of having the #1 pick in the draft to start his coaching stint with.

And he'll never be another HC again. It'll take a Saint Doug level miracle for him to be a coach past this season.

I would not be over confident as a Bills fan vs the Jets. The Jet's D is easily equal the Bill's D and both offenses look to be putrid. I would say that McKown is at least Tyrod's equal and likely Shady is better than the Jet's RB.

I think the game will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and whose kicker is more accurate.

I would not be over confident as a Bills fan vs the Jets. The Jet's D is easily equal the Bill's D and both offenses look to be putrid. I would say that McKown is at least Tyrod's equal and likely Shady is better than the Jet's RB.

I think the game will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and whose kicker is more accurate.

Im not overconfident at all. But objectively I don't think McCown is as good as TT and their OL is very very bad. I think that McCown is going to have some trouble and I don't think they will be able to run the ball well either. I have no idea what bills offense will look like. My expectations are pretty low but they have all starters back on OL, an elite RB and a tough matchup in clay. So I'm optimistic but not overconfident. I don't think I've ever been "overconfident" when it comes to the Bills.

That said Bowles looks like he has no idea what he's doing on the sidelines most of the time. I don't know if that's true, but it's definitely how he looks :lol:

Was he behind having a player lie down in the end zone to hide?

I think it was Rex that did that.

I can almost envision that 6-3 Browns game. Man that was dreadful.

lets hope not. my vision is different. I think not only will the bills D be pumped up but the O will score points and control the clock.

basically, I see a blowout. 34-9

I see a 38-3 blowout.

Jets fans rejoice and some Bills fans hate the team even more than they do now.

lets hope not. my vision is different. I think not only will the bills D be pumped up but the O will score points and control the clock.

basically, I see a blowout. 34-9

I like your line of thinking my friend. I am sure going to be watching and rooting for it.

I like your line of thinking my friend. I am sure going to be watching and rooting for it.

I see a 38-3 blowout.

Jets fans rejoice and some Bills fans hate the team even more than they do now.

Thumbup19%5B1%5D.gif

Some Bills fans are NOT fans but fans of bashing Bills and then pointing out how they were right. Sully-ites. There are as much football fans as Sully is.

just seeing his name got me queasy.