Michael Bennett suing Las Vegas police department

HappyDays

As I read it, "perhaps" referred to the reason Bennett was detained and you were stating as a fact that the suspect was black. At any rate, you were apparently making an assumption unwarranted by the known facts.

Ok, you found the "perhaps" part, now find the "If"

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the truth of what happened will be somewhere in the middle as always. I doubt it went down exactly as he claims. Ironic that this fits his cause so well and we are just hearing about it now. If it really happened like that then the cops should be punished but I'm skeptical

Yeah, stuff like this rarely happens, right?

They pulled a gun on him and put his handcuffs on too tight? That's it?

sounds like the cops threatened to 'blow his f-ing head off' if he moved. That seems a bit extreme.

A few things:

- This was an "active shooter" situation. There is no "polite" in an active shooter situation. The police have much more leeway to proceed during the commission of a crime.

- Given an active shooter situation, it is very reasonable for law enforcement to profile towards the execution of their objective: to end the shooting threat.

- We don't know if Bennett was the only person so detained, and if others were detained, we don't know their racial profiles.

- Bennett has no idea what the "white experience" is in these, or any other situations. I have been handled in similar fashion by the police in a similar situation, being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This is a joke right?

A big man who plays a contact sport is whining about being hurt?

He met the description one would clearly understand or believe. He was put to the ground and held at gun point as any possible suspect with a gun would be and he's upset? If the police went up to him nicely would he have complied?

When you're detained it is not the time to plead to be let go or say I did nothing wrong. A case of great example is Adolphus Washington.

How was he profiled? Give me a break and tell this baby to go get a bottle.

He was black, That's the profile.

Again, i would suggest that you are the one with a reading comprehension problem. "If" introduced the presumed fact that the suspect was black.

He had said, "If the report is a blackman was firing a gun, why would an officer go after an asian, mexican, or white guy?"

You replied, "Do you know if the report was that the gunman was black, or are you just pumping out misinformed speculation?

He never stated the report said he was black, he posed a scenario that could explain why Bennett could be wrong. Like I said we don't know the other side yet, so lets all wait for more information shall we?

You've had police call you a n***** and threaten to to blow your head off? Hmm.

Where did the police call him that?

so if they move, it's ok to shoot them in the head? while handcuffed, and in this case innocent.

I never said that, now please answer my question

What would you like them to say to someone to make sure they don't move?

I doubt they are trained to say that...

They are public servants living off our tax dollars, they can do what they need to do to restrain people, but it seems like they are always excessively aggressive both physically and verbally.

I think most cops are just !@#$s is what it comes down to...

I doubt they are trained to say that...

They are public servants living off our tax dollars, they can do what they need to do to restrain people, but it seems like they are always excessively aggressive both physically and verbally.

I think most cops are just !@#$s is what it comes down to...

You ever swear when something harmless doesn't go your way? Imagine that "something" being an active shooter.