Why are you so sure we aren't a playoff team?

My reasons for pessimism:

1: I doubt McCoy will be as dynamic as he has been the last two seasons. I think this is the year he begins the inevitable slide toward ordinary, which with him will still constitute a solid running game but not as good as last season. So a downgrade there.

2. I doubt Taylor improves. I just don't think he will. So our passing game will remain at or near the bottom 5 in the league in production.

3. The defensive improvements will rely on White playing at a Gilmore level (unlikely), Brown finding his form again (possible), K Williams turning the clock back (50/50), and Dareus tuning in for the whole season (who knows). That's a lot of maybes to bank on a significantly better unit.

4. McD is a first-time HC. I expect clock mismanagement, questionable adjustments, and other run of the mill learning curve issues. Not a knock on his potential, just reality.

I don't think I'm being overly pessimistic, either. I expect this iteration of the Bills to get to the playoffs within 4 years, I really do. I would just be very surprised if it's THIS year, and in all honesty when you look at the roster depth I doubt they'll be close.

Tougher schedule, offense that doesn't fit the players we have, weak receivers with no one to draw safeties away from playing near the line of scrimmage, and a ton of roster turnover as well as new coaches and scheme on defense with a suspect secondary/linebacking corps.

I have this team between 5-7 wins.

I have them 6-10.

so now you're changing it to 3 wins?

glad I could get a good laugh out of you, jack.

your prediction has been archived in my sig and we'll see who will be laughing at who, wont we, jack.

My name is Brett, guy. I say they're going to be 1-15 and I said they could make it to 3-13 if they're lucky.

The win total projected by pretty much everyone who is not a Bills fan is like 4-6 wins this year.

Only Bills fans have them winning more than that, or having any hope of playing in the playoffs.

Same as most years.

Edited by Fadingpain

No Quarterback, sorry Taylor has been given two years and we've seen he's not good enough. I don't even consider Peterman anything, he is a rookie dump off artist.

RB - McCoy is dynamic. After him is a 32 year old, 260 pound FB and two journeyman fringe NFL special teamers.

WRs are among the least talented, least deep in the league. Think of the Steelers group, now think of the Bills.

Likewise Tight End is a group of mediocre talent. Clay has proven to be average, and after that there is no proven player.

Still no answers at RG or RT for the 3rd year in a row now. Better hope Glenn stays upright.

A group of unknowns at CB, but mostly cast away players and depth guys behind White.

No Linebacker depth, don't understand cutting Hodges. Again best players are on the defensive line.

Coaching - McDermott has shown nothing that proves he can Coach. The team struggled with penalties all preseason and his offense could not score.

This team has no depth due to years of HORRIBLE drafting, and this regime has gutted a chunk of what talent remained. The Bills always have very poor records against the real teams on their schedule, and that gap is going to grow this year.

That's what I love about this board. It's the unbridled optimism of Bills fans.

The win total projected by pretty much everyone who is not a Bills fan is like 4-6 wins this year.

Only Bills fans have them winning more than that, or having any hope of playing in the playoffs.

Same as most years.

Those so called experts are almost never right with their pre-season predicitons. Bills fans know a lot more about their team than the talking heads in the media. I say we make the playoffs. And guess what my opinion is worth just as much as theirs because until they play the games, nobody really knows from week to week who will win in the NFL.

And wasnt that the main excuse for everyone to defend tyrod.

Let not mention our starting Sam (also plays teams) is also out BU Mike. How is that for depth at LBer

Didn't have an impact as far as Ws or Ls when Sammy was out of the lineup.

The Bills actually won more games without him :flirt:

the schedule is brutal. if not for the jets being worse..we win 2 maybe 3 games. we are a junior varsity team at best. it pains me to say that.

Why exactly is the schedule so brutal?

Because team records last year say so?

It's the NFL.

Why exactly is the schedule so brutal?

Because team records last year say so?

It's the NFL.

The Quarterbacks we face. We play 3 of the top 5 Quarterbacks including Brady twice (others being Brees and Ryan). Then Carr and Rivers who are solid top 10 QBs as is Luck if healthy. Then Winston, Smith, Cam and Dalton are all top half QBs too. Yes teams are not the same year after year... but that is a brutal slate of QBs to face.

I always think we're a playoff team

In September...

My name is Brett, guy. I say they're going to be 1-15 and I said they could make it to 3-13 if they're lucky.

I don't trust fans who say "they" instead of "we" when decribing their favorite sports team...

They don't get the soft schedule of last year. "On paper," I think outside of the Jets they're the 2nd worst team in the league talent wise. The GM and HC plan to dump young players seems odd but they didn't draft them so they're better off with journeymen fringe NFL players?

I think talent is about the same as last year, with minor improvements in some places and minor downgrades at others. Everything else relies on how the coaches and Tyrod perform. This year is a big question mark for me.

The AFC is so bad this year. There are no serious contenders outside the Patriots, Steelers are the next best but there's still a wide gulf there. As bad as we might think our talent is the other teams don't have better. It will come down to coaching, schemes, game management, all the little details.

I think the Raiders are going to make some noise too this season.

Haven't read any other comments except the first but having old RB's, an OLINE that doesn't pass block very well and the worst back seven in the league might be part of the reason many of us don't feel we are playoff caliber. Oh a and lest we forget, a GM whose every trade may have helped the team long-term but most definitely weakened the talent level for 2017.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

That's what I love about this board. It's the unbridled optimism of Bills fans.

Those so called experts are almost never right with their pre-season predicitons. Bills fans know a lot more about their team than the talking heads in the media. I say we make the playoffs. And guess what my opinion is worth just as much as theirs because until they play the games, nobody really knows from week to week who will win in the NFL.

Please dude, this team is botton five talent wise.... but we get the Jets twice, but playoffs.... would love to hear a reason anyone thinks they are playoff caliber. This is possibly the worst roster they've had since 1984.

I'll give you 10:1 on 1-15 with me taking the over.

They'll win 4-7.Wanna bet me ?????? More of a realistic bet.................... crickets