Why are you so sure we aren't a playoff team?

12 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

So would you take a one and done vs. a franchsie QB from next years draft?

Folks, this is a classic example of a rhetorical device known as a “false choice” or a “false dichotomy”.  There is no guarantee that failing to make the playoffs (or tanking) means we will draft a franchise QB, just as making the playoffs does not mean we will not draft one, especially with our Chiefs Pick becoming more valuable every week.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

After some pondering, I've come to the conclusion the odd's are against that.

I heard teams can trade up in the draft if they so choose by giving up a few picks. How about we compromise pull an Eagles move.

Look at anecdotal evidence in the NFL man. By your logic the Browns should be the best team in the NFL.

I want to see a Bills playoff game, so do the players on the roster. These are competitive athletes lol.

3 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

So would you take a one and done vs. a franchsie QB from next years draft?

We have draft picks we can use to get a Franchise QB by trading up next draft.

We've already won too many games to get one of the top 2-5 picks on our own. 

Time to root for the playoffs if you aren't already :thumbsup:

Hell, I don't care if we get in the playoffs and get blown out of the water... let's just make the friggin playoffs for once!!!

3 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Steelers got Roethlisberger, next available QB was Losman, just ponder that for a bit...

It's not where you draft it's who you draft.

Alex Smith was drafted #1 overall while Aaron Rodgers slid into the 20s.

Look at how bad Trubisky looks and how good Watson look(ed).

Draft the right guy... not EJ 2.0.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I'm loving the idea of not only finally ending the drought, but being able to play a game either at Jax or Ten...especially Ten. First playoff game at the same place the last one was, along with playing the coach who SHOULD have got us in back in 2004...storybook stuff!

If the season ended right now, we would play Tennessee at Tennessee.

What if that game took place and we somehow lost the game on the last play of the game?  Maybe Tenn. kicks a winning FG with 3 seconds left or something.  

I would probably vote in favor of detonating a low yield thermonuclear device in that stadium.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/27/2017 at 8:48 AM, T-Bomb said:

It's possible the Bills are a "back their way into the playoff's" team. I guess that works for ending the drought, but isn't much good for anything else...

If you've suffered through the 17 years of misery… I think it's at least good for ending that flirtIf you've suffered through the 17 years of misery… I think it's at least good for alleviating that :flirt:

On 11/27/2017 at 9:31 AM, T-Bomb said:

Steelers got Roethlisberger, next available QB was Losman, just ponder that for a bit...

They also drafted him at 11. The best QB of the 2004 draft was the third QB drafted and drafted at 11.

As always, it's not about why new draft but who are you draft. 

We have the capital to trade up to 11 or 10 if we see the QB that we want, no matter where in the first round we are sitting 0:)

• 2 weeks later...

3 games left.

Holding the #6 seed currently.

We can afford to lose 1 if the Titans or Ravens lose 2 of their last 3.

I could see it happening for the Titans, who actually have a pretty tough closing schedule.

On the road against the resurgent Jimmy G led 49ers and then at home against the Rams and Jags.

Any billievers, yet?  0:)

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

3 games left.

Holding the #6 seed currently.

I could see it happening for the Titans, who actually have a pretty tough closing schedule.

On the road against the resurgent Jimmy G led 49ers and then at home against the Rams and Jags.

I think there's a chance but we need help.  If the season ended today, we would be 8th I think.

We need TN to lose at least two more if we go 9-7.  Ravens, same thing.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think there's a chance but we need help.  If the season ended today, we would be 8th I think.

We need TN to lose at least two more if we go 9-7.  Ravens, same thing.

No if the season ended today, we hold the #6 seed.

But I'm pretty sure if we end up tied with the same record as the Ravens to end the season, we lose it.

But then there are other funky tiebreakers that come into play if more than 2 teams are tied with the same record.

But I'm pretty sure if we end up tied with the same record as the Ravens to end the season, we lose it.

But then there are other funky tiebreakers that come into play if more than 2 teams are tied with the same record.

Check out the 6th seed thread. I've broken it down there pretty much 

We are currently 8th.  We aren't ahead of the Chargers who beat us and the Titans who have a better record than us.

The Ravens have a better conference record than us.

33 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

3 games left.

Holding the #6 seed currently. **

** unfortunately ESPN didn't do the number crunching correctly

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Who do you trust more, ESPN or NFL.com?