Step right up. Don't be afraid! Go on record right here!

Beast

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FO seems to have a plan............i have no idea what that plan is and neither do any of the fans, but i trust that they somewhat know what they're doing and are gearing all of their energy and resources to making their plan work.

I will go on record and say this. I am not a fan of McDermott and Beane, but I do support them and want them to succeed, for the sake of our Buffalo Bills. With that said, I am nowhere near as high on them as I was when they first got here. McDermott, in my humble opinion, is becoming more and more a control freak who screams, "It's my way or the...actually it's just my way, nothing else." I was shocked to see Pegula give absolute carte blanche to a completely unproven Defensive Coordinator, coming off a few seasons of mediocrity. And I was even more shocked that this first time head coach was allowed to pick his own GM, and not the other way around!! Nonetheless I still supported McD, and as he began a complete housecleaning of the FO, scouting, coaching, I remained optimistic. However, the Sammy trade was the first decision that raised my eyebrows, and tbh, I have been both confused and bewildered with pretty much every move since then. It's as if McDermott is on a crusade(love that word and keep thinking of that picture) to not just rid the team of essentially EVERY Whaley pick, but to show the football world that he and he alone singlehandedly turned this franchise around, from top to bottom. There is a certain air of audaciousness to every move he makes now, and he is making it increasingly harder to both support him and remain optimistic. It's as if he has this Belichick-ean air of cockiness about him, yet he hasn't even won a single game yet. I will go as far as to admit I'm beginning to dislike his attitude, mainly his sureness of himself.

Obviously, if the season comes and we start racking up the W's, I will probably start liking him again. But I guess time will tell...

Great post.

Just to add. I think the consensus two months ago was that we just had to tweak a few things to make the playoffs, since we've been at .500 for three straight seasons.

Or we go for a tank to get the best possible QB.

But we seem to be doing something else that appears a bit nonsensical and perhaps driven by ego. E.g. getting rid of some young talent and keeping old average or below average guys.

Therefore, it looks like this season lacks the optimism of being close and the honesty of a tank.

I'll go on record and say three years 15 wins with no more than 6 wins in a single season.

Edited by leonbus23

I will go on record and say this. I am not a fan of McDermott and Beane, but I do support them and want them to succeed, for the sake of our Buffalo Bills. With that said, I am nowhere near as high on them as I was when they first got here. McDermott, in my humble opinion, is becoming more and more a control freak who screams, "It's my way or the...actually it's just my way, nothing else." I was shocked to see Pegula give absolute carte blanche to a completely unproven Defensive Coordinator, coming off a few seasons of mediocrity. And I was even more shocked that this first time head coach was allowed to pick his own GM, and not the other way around!! Nonetheless I still supported McD, and as he began a complete housecleaning of the FO, scouting, coaching, I remained optimistic. However, the Sammy trade was the first decision that raised my eyebrows, and tbh, I have been both confused and bewildered with pretty much every move since then. It's as if McDermott is on a crusade(love that word and keep thinking of that picture) to not just rid the team of essentially EVERY Whaley pick, but to show the football world that he and he alone singlehandedly turned this franchise around, from top to bottom. There is a certain air of audaciousness to every move he makes now, and he is making it increasingly harder to both support him and remain optimistic. It's as if he has this Belichick-ean air of cockiness about him, yet he hasn't even won a single game yet. I will go as far as to admit I'm beginning to dislike his attitude, mainly his sureness of himself.

Obviously, if the season comes and we start racking up the W's, I will probably start liking him again. But I guess time will tell...

Great post...Feel the same way

That was the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment for me and subsequent subsequent moves are head scratchers. I'm very skeptical of these two.

Funny, but I seem to remember that Beane came out and said he had the trade offer for Watkins and McDermott didn't even know and he didn't tell him until after the Vikings game was over.

Kind of puts a damper on your McDermott being the bad guy.

As well as those that agree with you.

the success of these guys does not depend on whether or not they find a franchise qb. it is how they took what they were handed and what they did with it...THIS YEAR. last year with any other coach than the tard we had ,we would have been a wc. if they take a nose dive this year after all the moves they have made.... that tells me all i need to know.

Funny, but I seem to remember that Beane came out and said he had the trade offer for Watkins and McDermott didn't even know and he didn't tell him until after the Vikings game was over.

I guess I missed that. Just to clarify, Beane traded Watkins without McDermott knowing?

I guess I missed that. Just to clarify, Beane traded Watkins without McDermott knowing?

No...Beane had the offer from the Rams on the table before the Vikings game, and presented it to Terry and McD afterward to get confirmation that everyone was on board...once everyone was in agreement, the deal was finalized...big difference than what the "agenda driven minority" are trying to spin.

Edited by JaCrispy

I believe Beane said that he and McDermott had discussed the possibility at an earlier (much?) date. He said he got calls on Watkins availability once his option wasn't picked up.

And you could very well be right. Again, I was only stating what was my opinion. However, we all know that what is said to the media/general public and what actually happened, often are two different things.

I don't necessarily think McDermott is a "bad guy". I just think that alot of the moves that he and Beane are making are coming off as more ego-based than for the benefit of the organization. Even though I am beginning to personally dislike his attitude, I still 100% support him for the sake of our Buffalo Bills, the same way I can say that I personally don't like Donald Trump, but I still support him and root for him to succeed because he is our President. You don't have to like a person to support them.

I'm praying that every move that he's made thus far pans out and we as a team benefit from them, but McDermott and Beane are making increasingly more head-scratching moves as we draw closer to week 1. How can any of us as Bills fans not look at keeping Vlad Ducasse on this roster and possibly starting him over Miller as anything but confusing??

When McDermott was named head coach, although he was not my first choice, I was on board. But when Pegula decided to give him complete control, and allowed him to name his GM, instead of the other way around, I was immediately concerned. And ever since then McDermott has taken that authority/power and run with it. And each decision he makes, in succession, is becoming more and more ego based and less and less logic/good for the Bills based....in my humble opinion. And that is what's making me dislike him. I could be dead wrong, and if I am, I am more than happy to come back here and eat my crow, because that means his moves have panned out, and the team is succeeding.

I have said it before and will say it again

The Bills will continue to suck until they get a QB and graduate from legacy football thinking.

I think people forget that our offense was pretty good last year, including TT who BTW was throwing to different WR's every week. Rex and Rob distroyed our D by changing to a scheme that didn't fit our players and nobody bought in. The offense, as depleted as it was with all the WR injuries, was good enough for a playoff team but the defense was atrocious.

I think people forget that our offense was pretty good last year, including TT who BTW was throwing to different WR's every week. Rex and Rob distroyed our D by changing to a scheme that didn't fit our players and nobody bought in. The offense, as depleted as it was with all the WR injuries, was good enough for a playoff team but the defense was atrocious.

no it wasnt.

No comment.

Stop being so wordy! Your long commentary makes me weary. At least you don't demonstrate "paragraph unawareness".

I will say I don't expect early success as much as maybe I did a few months ago. I was originally thinking around 8 wins. I'll settle for a few less if we can take big steps forward in the big picture. I like the FO overall so far. Of course, anything looks better after Rex and the clown show.