Baker Mayfield...

KellyToughII

On 12/11/2017 at 12:58 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

This what makes me think we will have a chance to draft him and I hope we do.

If he was 6'5"  he'd be the top pick.

Won't what?

I knew a guy in college who said “I could have played in the NBA, but I can’t complain. I didn’t miss by an inch or two, I missed by a whole half of a foot!” (He played with our pretty decent college guys, and he might have been right.) I agree Mayfield would have a totally different outlook at 6’5”. Maybe he can still do it. Time will tell. 

7 hours ago, Augie said:

I knew a guy in college who said “I could have played in the NBA, but I can’t complain. I didn’t miss by an inch or two, I missed by a whole half of a foot!” (He played with our pretty decent college guys, and he might have been right.) I agree Mayfield would have a totally different outlook at 6’5”. Maybe he can still do it. Time will tell. 

I believe he will. I keep hearing great things about his competitiveness. Ion Fitzsimons of ESPN says that he lives and breathes football and will do anything to be great.

1 hour ago, hemma said:

I just heard on NFLN that shaking hands with him is like shaking hands with a set of keys or with a kangaroo.

So how big are those hands .... anyone know?

I've been a proponent of drafting Mayfield or Jackson -- I surmise Darnold and Rosen are out of reach.  I think someone will reach on Allen early, too.

The small hands thing is a concern though, especially if you play in Western NY conditions.

I just don’t think he’s what the Bills are looking for, just his personality and how he carries himself. They seem frown upon guys who could be viewed as an “attention seeker” or “high maintenance”, not to mention off field issues, along with physical height. I feel like he’s low the board of what they’re looking for.

guys that will be high:

Darnold

Rosen

Allen

Lock

Rudolph

- those to me are the 5 guys they’ll target to different degrees. 

7 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I just don’t think he’s what the Bills are looking for, just his personality and how he carries himself. They seem frown upon guys who could be viewed as an “attention seeker” or “high maintenance”, not to mention off field issues, along with physical height. I feel like he’s low the board of what they’re looking for.

guys that will be high:

Darnold

Rosen

Allen

Lock

Rudolph

- those to me are the 5 guys they’ll target to different degrees. 

This is where I have always had a problem.   Mayfield is off the board for being "high maintenance" and "attention seeking" but we leave Rosen on?   If Mayfield is off, then Rosen is off for the same reasons.  

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

This is where I have always had a problem.   Mayfield is off the board for being "high maintenance" and "attention seeking" but we leave Rosen on?   If Mayfield is off, then Rosen is off for the same reasons.  

Possibly, I’m not sure, just guessing, so you could totally be right. To me there’s two differences.

1. Rosen hasn’t had off-field issues that I know of, and certainly not to the degree Mayfield has.

2. The physical characteristics couldn’t be more different. 6’4” versus 6’0” I would imagine is a big deal to McDermott and Beane who have talked repeatedly about a guy being able to “stand tall in the pocket”, etc etc 

10 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Possibly, I’m not sure, just guessing, so you could totally be right. To me there’s two differences.

1. Rosen hasn’t had off-field issues that I know of, and certainly not to the degree Mayfield has.

2. The physical characteristics couldn’t be more different. 6’4” versus 6’0” I would imagine is a big deal to McDermott and Beane who have talked repeatedly about a guy being able to “stand tall in the pocket”, etc etc 

I think Rosen's stature is strikingly similar to Goff, and from that standpoint I agree the size is different.   On the off the field issues, Rosen hasnt been arrested thats true, but if you're speaking about attention seeking and me first I think its fair his name come up in that category.   And just for argument sake, I am sure Rosen would have had even more attention grabbing headlines if he had performed or won in the fashion Mayfield has this year.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, Dkollidas said:

Rosen is just very opinionated and snooty. He came from money and was coddled so at any time he could say screw football and be a politician. On the other hand kid has a great arm and incredible deep ball accuracy and to me seems like the best pure passer in the draft. Could be a Cutler though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.