Bills' Roster Cuts to the 53 Man Limit

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banyard as a RB has.

Sorry I get it what Crossman wants Crossman gets and we keep alot of ST only players on our roster. It is Bills history

i think you are taking the earn the right mantra to an extreme. Performance in preseason games is one variable, and for vets, that's not what McD needs to evaluate them by. He knows what Shady, KW, Hughes, Tyrod, Tolbert and many other vets can do, but are they doing all the other things McD expects in order to change the culture here.

Re Reilly, I am sure they are taking a calculated risk that he doesn't get claimed. He (and shorts) are the type of players that best serve themselves and the team being on the PS. We'll see soon enough.

Actually it looks like he wants an entire roster of modestly accomplished 8 year veterans to me.

That didn't work for Jauron......it just lead to an inescapable brand of mediocrity.

I know the thought process around here is 2-5 wins this season...... but I would not be surprised in the least by a 7 win season, myself.

And in the process they would likely beat some younger teams that would surpass them in 2018.........like when Jauron beat the Jags and Packers at home and then those two teams made their respective conference finals the following season while Dick got his 7 wins again.

I don't think that this is always a bad strategy for a team with a new coach that still has talented players on both sides of the ball. You just have to follow that up with a few good drafts and strategic adding of the right players in following seasons. Buffalo had epic bad drafts during the Jauron era and overpaid for mediocre free agents like Dockery, Walker and Stroud. That was what resulted in team failure and a complete lack of talent on the team when Jauron left.

Hopefully the drafts during the McDermott era add more talent.

My point Commonsense is I am not sure Holmes or Philly Brown have a spot either. I'd have rather taken a shot on this kid over those two bums.

I agree but if I was counting on a few guys to grind my way into a "successful rookie campaign" I'd go with the guys I know and the ones that have played in games. I don't think it makes it a bad move, its conservative, it's not my style either.

One thing is for sure they have a plan, hopefully it works.

i think you are taking the earn the right mantra to an extreme. Performance in preseason games is one variable, and for vets, that's not what McD needs to evaluate them by. He knows what Shady, KW, Hughes, Tyrod, Tolbert and many other vets can do, but are they doing all the other things McD expects in order to change the culture here.

Re Reilly, I am sure they are taking a calculated risk that he doesn't get claimed. He (and shorts) are the type of players that best serve themselves and the team being on the PS. We'll see soon enough.

Its his Mantra. Or coach soeak

Philly Brown has been brutal all off-season but cool he is on the team. Sweet and a young promsing WR is not (actually 2 if you count Shorts).

Don't complain about Crossman. Special teams win games. A very important part of the game. Go Bills.

He look another Legacy thought from Bills fans. Get that time machine

McDERMOTT AND BEANE HAVE SEEN THE TEAM ALL THROUGH OTA'S AND CAMP..... WE'VE SEEN 4 PRESEASON GAMES.

WHO IS BETTER TO JUDGE OUR PLAYERS.... "TRUST THE SYSTEM"

Nothing this team as done points to me trusting any process

Just screams another disjointed plan from a Bills FO

Edited by MAJBobby