Republican Tax Plan (a nothingburger with cheese)

Tiberius

This great economic upturn isn’t happening.

I'm going to my happy place, happy place, happy place.

meow meow meow meow

meow meow meow meow

(whatever gets you thru the night....)

———

trump really isn’t president 

trump really isn’t president 

i will wake up any minute now and Hillary is really the President

meow meow meow meow

meow meow meow meow

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

so all a President had to do was get out of the fetal position, begging for mercy and holding his rear end with both hands, and stand up for the USA for once?

You have a real talent for oversimplifying things in a tediously partisan manner.  I think you will go far around here.

Edited by Cugalabanza

48 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

You have a real talent for oversimplifying things in a tediously partisan manner.  I think you will go far around here.

Cuga:  "you have real talent, will go far around here"

thank you!!!

Hostess announces today one time $1250 bonus to employees due to tax break.

AP: Tax Bill Beginning to Deliver Bigger Paychecks to Workers.

Wayne Love, who works in managed care in Spring Hill, Florida, got an extra $200 in his paycheck last week, which he said will help offset a $300 increase in the cost of his health insurance.

“I have heard time and again that the middle class is getting crumbs, but I’ll take it!” Love said by email.

Julia Ketchum, a secretary at a public high school in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, said she was pleasantly surprised her pay went up $1.50 a week. She didn’t think her pay would go up at all, let alone this soon. That adds up to $78 a year, which she said will more than cover her Costco membership for the year.

And Todd Anderson of Texas and his fiance, who are both educators, got an extra $200 in their paychecks combined that they plan to use to cover the costs of a second baby on its way.

I'll take two nothingburgers with cheese and crumbs to go, please.  :lol:

CNBC reports:

“Corporate buyback announcements have surged in the weeks since President Donald Trump signed a sweeping corporate tax overhaul into law.” And Democrats have noticed: “Senate Democrats launched a new line of attack on the Republican tax plan Wednesday in a report showing companies have announced $97.2 billion in share buybacks since the start of the year. That figure dwarfs a number that Republicans have been touting: $2.5 billion in bonuses that companies have announced in response to the new tax law.” By comparison, there were 58 companies at this time last year that had announced $40.3B in stock buybacks. But don’t take Democrats’ word for it:

The buyback list compiled by Democrats also mirrors data from independent money management and research firm Birinyi Associates. It found 61 companies have spent $88.6 billion in share repurchases so far this year, more than double the amount announced by 58 companies during the same period last year.

That makes 2018 the second-busiest year in buybacks since the bull market began in 2009, the firm found.