Jets try to get McCown hurt, nearly succeed

Buffalo86

Long tabbed for starting duties, McCown was held out all summer before some reason playing the first two series tonight. Teams almost never play their starting quarterback in the preseason finale. It was an extremely baffling decision, especially in the context of 38-year-old McCown's injury history. He was promptly injured on the second series before limping back in to finish the drive. It drove home the absurdity of the Jets' decision. The Jets are running their team like a club that wants to go 0-16. Of course, that actually is the goal, but Gang Green is being particularly flagrant about it. The Jets have the potential to be the worst offense of the modern era in 2017.

Bro i live right next to Hackensack NJ. :lol: :lol: its not that bad the Colombian places are banging n theres some really hot spanish chicks here.

Then no wonder you got crushed in football. Bergen Co public schools don't care about the game

You ain't lieing!

201/973 in the building

Word!

Then no wonder you got crushed in football. Bergen Co public schools don't care about the game

Crushed by Ramapo Bergen cathlolic and Don Bosco teams on the reg. In the 201 n i never seen another bills jersey besides my own.

I'm not a fan of tanking in general, and I really don't recommend it in football. The most successful case of tanking in any sport is, arguably, the 76ers, who have spent 3 out of the five years I've lived in the area actively trying to lose, and then last year when starters had even a hint of injury kept them out. I say "arguably" because despite all of those picks, and finally looking like a strong team in 2017, they haven't done anything yet. And that's in basketball, where one or two next level players can define you for a decade. We've seen the Browns be the Browns for...how long?

So if the Jets want to try for the 1st overall pick, I'm tempted to let them.

So if the Jets want to try for the 1st overall pick, I'm tempted to let them.

Agree. Even if Sam Darnold is that good they will be setting him up to fail with no offensive line to speak of, no weapons at all (I mean I like Robby Anderson and did at Temple but a 2nd year UDFA is now their #1 receiver) and not much of a defense. That could ruin him before he gets a chance to succeed IMHO.

Agree. Even if Sam Darnold is that good they will be setting him up to fail with no offensive line to speak of, no weapons at all (I mean I like Robby Anderson and did at Temple but a 2nd year UDFA is now their #1 receiver) and not much of a defense. That could ruin him before he gets a chance to succeed IMHO.

Drafting a rookie in the top rounds is always a risk. Luck and RGIII went 1 and 2, and that is so different in result. Goff could barely make the field over Case Keenum.

I really hope that even if they draft a QB high they let TT take another year as the starter, or at least force the rookie to beat him out.

Drafting a rookie in the top rounds is always a risk. Luck and RGIII went 1 and 2, and that is so different in result. Goff could barely make the field over Case Keenum.

I really hope that even if they draft a QB high they let TT take another year as the starter, or at least force the rookie to beat him out.

I agree with that too and have been advocating it. I think they should and will take a QB in the 1st and I would make him beat Tyrod out in camp. If he doesn't Tyrod should start and they can transition to the rookie at a later point in the season. Rather than cutting Tyrod, drafting a guy then only having him beat out some bum who loses arguments with a rubber mat. Mentioning no names.

15 Replies before the Bills QB situation rears it's ugly head.