Manziel out of shape at CFL tryout.

No. Just that Bills fans really are in no position to mock any other team for their stupid personnel moves ... in other words, would we be worse off today had we (stupidly) traded down for Manziel as opposed to trading up for Sammy?

I see your point. Watkins career in Buffalo has equalled Manziel's career arc. :lol:

WTF. The self-hatred is unreal.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

....go figure....Johnny Meatball can try out for the CFL but Baylor's Briles was barred from being hired as Asst HC for June Jones in Hamilton.......sounds like a Wrecks ticket sell(smell) to me............

What a week for the Ti-Cats its been, first the Briles mess, now its coming out they are desperate enough to consider Manziel?

I see your point. Watkins career in Buffalo has equalled Manziel's career arc. :lol:

WTF. The self-hatred is unreal.

True, atleast they were able to recoup some assetts for Watkins in getting a decent CB and a pick for him, the Browns basically threw away the pick they used on Johnny and got less out of him then the Bills did of Watkins.

And again, with Watkins, had he been able to stay healthy and be able to play regularly, the Bills would have kept him (or atleast been able to get more for him in a trade then they did if they decided he would be to expensive to re-sign...........

He wasn't a total waste of a pick...........

How many ticket$ would that sell? But, still.....

I doubt much, Don't think many Hamiltonians are huge American college football fans who loved "Johnny Football" (unlike Floridians who would come out for Tebow if he played for a Florida team)

I would bet the majority would laugh about how much of a mess that team became this year and it wouldn't sell much. This is almost matching the mess that the opening of their new stadium almost became............

I doubt much, Don't think many Hamiltonians are huge American college football fans who loved "Johnny Football" (unlike Floridians who would come out for Tebow if he played for a Florida team)

I would bet the majority would laugh about how much of a mess that team became this year and it wouldn't sell much. This is almost matching the mess that the opening of their new stadium almost became............

It was probably worth a gamble and a few tickets sold. I'm sure some people paid to watch Tebow or M Jordan play baseball. It's the CFL. Kind of like minor league....

But give the Bills and Brandon credit for NOT going there!!! :lol:

Stop digging.

You don't think it gets a bit tedious, this "golly gee, Cleveland is so dumb" stuff? They blew a 1st round pick - 22nd overall. It was a stretch, but not an outrageous one. No more so than EJ Manuel the year before at 16 overall. The Browns have made terrible personnel decisions over the last decade, and now they're trying to unwind them. They're closer to getting there than the Bills, who are in exactly the same process right now.

What I remember from that Browns game is they couldnt move the ball at all until they put Manziel in. If he cared about football at all during that time I think the worst he would have been was someone like Tyrod Taylor, he had the talent. Complete waste, but maybe he has a Flutie sort of comeback. You never know.

+1. I remember that game. I thought we were doomed but our D came through. I still like the kid and wish him well should he get serious about a comeback attempt.

You don't think it gets a bit tedious, this "golly gee, Cleveland is so dumb" stuff? They blew a 1st round pick - 22nd overall. It was a stretch, but not an outrageous one. No more so than EJ Manuel the year before at 16 overall. The Browns have made terrible personnel decisions over the last decade, and now they're trying to unwind them. They're closer to getting there than the Bills, who are in exactly the same process right now.

I just can't comprehend how you equate Watkins career to Johnny Manziel.

"The Ticats came away convinced Manziel isn't ready to return to football, physically or mentally. "Too many red flags," one source told TSN. Wanting to see if Manziel was ready to dedicate himself to football and become a face of the franchise, the Ticats came away with "a resounding no" to answer those questions. Manziel remains a long shot to ever play in the NFL again."

http://www.tsn.ca/tiger-cats-worked-out-manziel-last-week-1.842986

Ouch.

Clown, well Arena League field is a lot smaller, maybe he is in shape for that lol.

They moved the ball I think once?

The problem with Manziel is that he can't improvise like he did in college. He literally would just throw it up to Evans and he would just out physical all the other DB's.

He had one good scoring drive when he first came into the game late and with the Browns way behind where the Bills D didn't adjust to his mobility.

Next drive they had adjusted.

He never moved the ball again in that game.

What I remember from that Browns game is they couldnt move the ball at all until they put Manziel in. If he cared about football at all during that time I think the worst he would have been was someone like Tyrod Taylor, he had the talent. Complete waste, but maybe he has a Flutie sort of comeback. You never know.

What an insult to Flutie. Flutie never failed to commit himself to success. Manziel has yet to act like an adult at any point.

I was on BBMB at the time and not on this board.....was this board filled with a bunch of people angry the Bills didn't take Manziel?

It was like that on BBMB....it was a non-stop topic of the ineptness not taking Manziel.

I wasn't one of them.

My read on the guy was Colt McCoy with a bad attitude.(and I took flack for saying it)

I am now sorry I defamed Colt ;)

Manchild couldn't even hold his jock strap ;)

BTW I loved that pic of Johnny Boy.

Laid out too bad for the phantom flag.

That would have been a great way to start his career