What do you think about bringing back Brandon Spikes

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think it is possible that Brandon Spikes could draw some interest from the Bills? I know he wasn't known to be a great cover guy but I always liked his leadership and toughness. He didn't seem to fit in with Rex's team but he is a FA and I'm sure he could still ball better than some of the guys we have on our roster.

No

Do you think it is possible that Brandon Spikes could draw some interest from the Bills? I know he wasn't known to be a great cover guy but I always liked his leadership and toughness. He didn't seem to fit in with Rex's team but he is a FA and I'm sure he could still ball better than some of the guys we have on our roster.

You mean bring back an older, extremely slower, and less athletic Ragland no thanks....

Would you prefer it Beane put together a team like Al Davis used to do: sign/draft whoever has the fastest 40 time, regardless of actual SKILL?

Naw, I'd rather have more plodding LBs like Spikes. When everyone else gets smaller and faster we should get bigger and slower.

The whole league is built on speed and short area quickness. Why would we want a guy that is the EXACT opposite of that? Spikes is a dinosaur in today's NFL (although the was a good leader and ambassador for the city).

Naw, I'd rather have more plodding LBs like Spikes. When everyone else gets smaller and faster we should get bigger and slower.

The whole league is built on speed and short area quickness. Why would we want a guy that is the EXACT opposite of that? Spikes is a dinosaur in today's NFL (although the was a good leader and ambassador for the city).

Didn't we just trade a guy who fits this exact same profile but is younger? And for youth we got back in the trade:

Absolutely nothing.

Wait a year.

Then not much.

Didn't we just trade a guy who fits this exact same profile but is younger? And for youth we got back in the trade:

Absolutely nothing.

Wait a year.

Then not much.

Yeah, Ragland was a young Spikes (but a better athlete). That's not saying a ton though. Personally, I kind of liked the Ragland trade. That may prove to be wrong but I am good with it.

Yeah, Ragland was a young Spikes (but a better athlete). That's not saying a ton though. Personally, I kind of liked the Ragland trade. That may prove to be wrong but I am good with it.

I think if he wasn't going to fit, it's best to get what you can for him. I'd love some upside insurance in the trade, but take what you can get.