The Lions Waive OT Cyrus Kouandjio

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told he's good enough to be our starting LT and we should move Glenn to RT....

Still the best move to put the best 5 on the field. Mills and Henderson would not start on any other team. Dawkins is not ready for either spot.

But they are committed to Dawkins at RT.

At this point I would sign CK to be the back-up LT and get rid of Mills. Henderson stays only due to the fact he doesn't take up a roster spot.

In 5 weeks, Glenn and Dawkins may be the only OT's that are currently on the team

I was told he's good enough to be our starting LT and we should move Glenn to RT....

He is a much better LT than RT because of his knees. Problem is he is not starting quality and in order to be a depth player you have to be able to play both OT positions. He is a solid LT but a terrible RT

That was Then, This is Now.

Kujo was much improved from R to 2nd and last year. worked extremely hard in the offseason, it showed. Was capable as a backup at LT (wouldn't move Glenn to the right, lack faith in Kujo's 16 game durability)

I don't know what's up, but this offseason he got something going on. Mental health, drugs, mental health fueled by drugs....he was a train wreck and the Lions apparently agree

Where is he this season? He would be a massive upgrade over Castillo.

LA. OL coach for the LA lambs

He now has more time to run around nude.

While the beauty of a summer in the shadow of Lake Erie is highly underrated by outsiders, let's face it: Buffalo was never conducive to that nude (correction: technically "without pants") running thing. Detroit? Maybe worse. If you love something, set it free. Without pants. Good luck to you, CK! And remember: you don't have to worry about being deported that Trump Deportation Force anymore (that naturalization thing), so free your butt and your mind will follow.

Another tremendous high draft pick from the Crimson Tide. Thank god we did not take Foster this year.

Ya think? Go on you tube and look at some of the plays he is making in SF.

coming from a Bama fan..... ugh

So did I yolo. I said it many times to John C. that there were at least 3 better blockers on that same team.

Edited by Bill from NYC

The Lions waived Kouandjio two days before their preseason finale, essentially handing the starting left tackle job to Greg Robinson.

"He's been doing OK," Lions coach Jim Caldwell said of Kouandjio on Monday. "He was kind of a little bit up and down with his health a little, just in terms on not being able to function exactly like he’d like to. And then he’s gotten better, so we’ll see."

I know that the popular opinion has long been that your #1 tackle should be the LT in order to protect the blind side, but watching the league in the past decade has me thinking that having the bookends is just as imperative to OL success. Teams are lining up top pass rushers off the RT consistently and having success doing it. I love having Glenn at LT, but if Dawkins is a reasonably small downgrade, Glenn would provide such an immense upgrade at RT that he would easily provide the line with far superior performance 1-5. My ideal world has Glenn-Richie-Wood-Miller/Groy-Dawkins, but based on what we've seen in the preseason, Dawkins has not acclimated to RT in the way that he slid into LT against the Ravens.

I don't think Dawkins has shown that he's capable at either spot...

I liked Kromer and Lynn , I don't like Castillo and Dennison . Taylor does not fit this system. If the Bills are #10 offense and 24.9 pts ave per game this season I will apologize

It's too soon to say with the full complement of plays and weekly game plans yet to be on display in the regular season competition.

Right; it's obvious at this point he can't play full-time, or he'd be on a roster somewhere.

The point wasn't to move Glenn; the point was that it was a one-year band-aid option to get the best combo of 5 on the field--it didn't materialize.

There is a bigger issue revealed with Kujo's evident failure as a player in this league?: The mediocre talent evaluation done by the Whaley regime. Kujo was a second round pick who didn't come close to being a contributing player. He did play somewhat effectively as a LT but his proficiency is exaggerated because compared to his befuddled performances on the right side at least on the left he was able to stay on his feet.

Kujo was not on the draft boards of a number of teams because of a knee issue. He never should have been drafted in the second round. I'm not a Whaley basher because he was certainly handicapped with the constant change of coaches he didn't select and systems that didn't allow him to build a coherent roster. But it is not too difficult to conclude, and not unfair to conclude, that at drafting he was less than mediocre.

It's indisputable that historically Buffalo is a failed franchise. The most influential reason for that rancid legacy is that for the most part the organization has been stupendously inept. Let me add that I enthusiastically embrace the aggressive cleansing actions that this new regime is taking.