Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

Boy, they sure make things look easy when shots are falling, huh?  Everyone who played deserves credit, but the real hero in the game was the defense.  This was the most active I’ve seen the defense all season.  They played with a physical edge on the glass as well.  I hope Moyer is okay, obviously, but it was good to see Dolezaj play.  I almost forgot why I liked his game so much.

Two very important games coming up with Pitt and Wake.  The “experts” say 9 ACC wins gets you in the dance.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Boy, they sure make things look easy when shots are falling, huh?  Everyone who played deserves credit, but the real hero in the game was the defense.  This was the most active I’ve seen the defense all season.  They played with a physical edge on the glass as well.  I hope Moyer is okay, obviously, but it was good to see Dolezaj play.  I almost forgot why I liked his game so much.

Two very important games coming up with Pitt and Wake.  The “experts” say 9 ACC wins gets you in the dance.

Yea they keep saying 9 is the magic ACC win number 

I love Dolezaj... He's not your typical European guy (dead eye 3 point catch and shooter ) but he can put it on the floor create and finish 

hes great at the high post because he is a triple threat to pass, shoot or put it on the deck 

he is the 4 year player Boeheim needs 

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

3 game win streak for CUSE in the ACC!

best game for sidibe in his young career!

Glad sidibe is looking healthy. He’s a great player. Need a guy who can finish around the rim.

by the way, is it just me, or does howard seem like a total jerk with his teammates? Noticed 3 or 4 interactions tonight. 

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Glad sidibe is looking healthy. He’s a great player. Need a guy who can finish around the rim.

by the way, is it just me, or does howard seem like a total jerk with his teammates? Noticed 3 or 4 interactions tonight. 

Howard Washington or Franklin Howard?

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Frank Howard has a history of being a dick to certain teammates, and allegedly was an absolute douche nozzle to a very high profile recruit while on their official visit.

Good thing he has stepped up his game this season.

There is no senior leadership 

Frank is a tough player... if it was that big of a problem He wouldn't be there anymore 

They need him to be at the top of his game 

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I feel like I remember you saying that before. It actually doesn’t surprise me based on his on court presence.

It seemed like he was one-upping Washington at one point tonight and was on sidibe Too. I just don’t like his vibe— really

unjustified cockiness.

FWIW, I haven’t heard anything negative about him since last year.  I assumed he had cleaned up his act, and grown up a little.  Maybe he was just having a bad night?  

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

FWIW, I haven’t heard anything negative about him since last year.  I assumed he had cleaned up his act, and grown up a little.  Maybe he was just having a bad night?  

I saw him kinda grab the ball away from Washington when he wanted the ball at the top and Washington was trying to call out a play

but he's leading the ACC in steals and having a great year and other than tyus, he should have the ball because he's a playmaker and the leader of the team

Edited by Buffalo716

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I saw him kinda grab the ball away from Washington when he wanted the ball at the top and Washington was trying to call out a play

but he's leading the ACC in steals and having a great year and other than tyus, he should have the ball because he's a playmaker and the leader of the team

No one is going to argue with this.  Hell, I love to see Kim Jung-un playing PG if he could put up 16 and 6 like FH.

• Haha (+1) 1

that was one of the worst offensive performances i think i have seen from a syracuse team.

Howard couldnt get his head out of his ass, lazy with the basketball

Battle was awful, better in the second half but thats not saying much

Chukwu, my god he has no awareness

I wish Dolezaj could shoot

Our offense was their best offense, thats sad

Boeheim finally offers Joe Girard III :wallbash:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2018/02/syracuse_offers_scholarship_to_joseph_girard_iii_new_yorks_all-time_leading_scor.amp

I think they waited way too long on this kid.  Incredible shooter in the mold of GMac.  Glens Falls, NY kid.  

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2018/02/syracuse_offers_scholarship_to_joseph_girard_iii_new_yorks_all-time_leading_scor.amp

I think they waited way too long on this kid.  Incredible shooter in the mold of GMac.  Glens Falls, NY kid.  

He is only a junior.  By recruitment time next year he probably has 3 times the offers he has now.

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Did you hear that Braedon Bayer got a scholarship? Read that last week

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Waited too long? He hasn't committed anywhere yet. His only other decent power conference offer is Washington.

35 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Waited too long? He hasn't committed anywhere yet. His only other decent power conference offer is Washington.

He has offers from BC and Michigan.  His Father coached with Michigan HC, John Beilein, back in the early 90’s at LeMoyne.  Michigan is the presumed favorite, and there are many that know the situation that are saying that Joe and his “camp” are kinda miffed that this offer didn’t come sooner.  Joe plays on Buddy Boeheim’s AAU team.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Did you hear that Braedon Bayer got a scholarship? Read that last week

Yeah, I read that.  Good for him.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

22 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He has offers from BC and Michigan.  His Father coached with Michigan HC, John Beilein, back in the early 90’s at LeMoyne.  Michigan is the presumed favorite, and there are many that know the situation that are saying that Joe and his “camp” are kinda miffed that this offer didn’t come sooner.  Joe plays on Buddy Boeheim’s AAU team.

Ah, I hadn't seen that, thanks. If Girard and his folks really are "miffed" that they didn't offer sooner then it's best that he goes elsewhere. So tired of entitled athletes.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Ah, I hadn't seen that, thanks. If Girard and his folks really are "miffed" that they didn't offer sooner then it's best that he goes elsewhere. So tired of entitled athletes.

I don’t think that’s the case at all.  By all accounts, he is a great kid with outstanding character.  Tremendous teammate.  I kinda get his frustration, and I know that Boeheim had been widely criticized within the past couple years for underrecruiting local players.  He has lost out on a few good upstate NY recruits over the past few seasons.  Mike Hopkins had reaped the benefits of this out at UW with Hameir Wright, as one example.

31 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t think that’s the case at all.  By all accounts, he is a great kid with outstanding character.  Tremendous teammate.  I kinda get his frustration, and I know that Boeheim had been widely criticized within the past couple years for underrecruiting local players.  He has lost out on a few good upstate NY recruits over the past few seasons.  Mike Hopkins had reaped the benefits of this out at UW with Hameir Wright, as one example.

Hameir Wright is a bad example because Syracuse offered Wright. I don't blame Boeheim for being apprehensive about offering Upstate NY recruits. I think Andy Rautins was the only one to work out over the last 20 years or so. Josh Wright and Dayshawn Wright both stunk. Chinoso Obokoh never developed. Dajuan Coleman was a bust. Howard Washington is a freshman out of Buffalo.

Girard is midway through his junior year. Is he supposed to offer every basketball player from Upstate NY when they're sophomores?

Edited by Wayne Arnold

15 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Hameir Wright is a bad example because Syracuse offered Wright. I don't blame Boeheim for being apprehensive about offering Upstate NY recruits. I think Andy Rautins was the only one to work out over the last 20 years or so. Josh Wright and Dayshawn Wright both stunk. Chinoso Obokoh never developed. Dajuan Coleman was a bust. Howard Washington is a freshman out of Buffalo.

Girard is midway through his junior year. Is he supposed to offer every basketball player from Upstate NY when they're sophomores?

Brandon Triche?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cuse_MBB/status/959875964577738752?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

hopefully Moyer can do this is a game 

• Like (+1) 1

why does boeheim have players on the bench if he isn't going to use them...i get that sidibe might be hurt, but he seemed fine the other day, there was no report that he wouldn't play, he's got a player that comes from a pretty prolific, but albeit minor school, but they all made this team for a reason you would think.  I get that this has been his M.O for 42 years but these players have to be gassed, if you are going to be down by 21 you may as well give some players a rest for a few minutes and give these guys some gametime to hone their skills.  Boeheim has forgotten exponentially more basketball than i have ever learned, but come on.  His son better be the next coming of Carmelo or Pearl because he probably should have moved aside and let Hop take over a couple years ago.

46 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

why does boeheim have players on the bench if he isn't going to use them...i get that sidibe might be hurt, but he seemed fine the other day, there was no report that he wouldn't play, he's got a player that comes from a pretty prolific, but albeit minor school, but they all made this team for a reason you would think.  I get that this has been his M.O for 42 years but these players have to be gassed, if you are going to be down by 21 you may as well give some players a rest for a few minutes and give these guys some gametime to hone their skills.  Boeheim has forgotten exponentially more basketball than i have ever learned, but come on.  His son better be the next coming of Carmelo or Pearl because he probably should have moved aside and let Hop take over a couple years ago.

I was waiting for sidibe to come in all game. Chuku was terrible. I have to think he’s too injured to go.

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Hameir Wright is a great example of a JB recruiting flub.  What are you talking about?  Boeheim went after Wright hard, and probably had him locked up, until he started to pursue Jordan Tucker and nearly cut off all contact with Wright.  Boeheim was criticized for snubbing Wright (some say Red Autry was particarly opposed) even before Tucker ditched Syracuse for Duke.  JB made a late, desperate push for Wright, but Hameir chose Hop and UW who had stuck with him the whole time.

Of course I don’t think they should offer EVERY player from Upstate when they’re sophomores.  That is ridiculous.  If you follow Syracuse recruiting closely, however, you would know that Girard is player that should have been offered before Washington and especially Michigan got involved.  Boeheim Needs to do better at locking up the best recruits in his own backyard.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks