Bills signing QB Keith Wenning

YoloinOhio

Just saw Tyrod slam his head into the turf...

This is a great opportunity for the team to announce that Tyrod is suffering from "undisclosed lingering concussion symptoms" that just don't want to go away.

Should be able to keep him out of the lineup for at least a month on that alone...

Starting the season 0-4 will get the tank off to a good start.

42084122725731ea394fd24ba3fdc03e.jpg

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.......TT/Peterman/Yates.....Yates is probably odd man out as I doubt Peterman survives on PS if he continues to show promise (but he'd have to go to a club's active 53 which may be a stretch).....pretty sure this Wenning kid has PS eligibility, so you could start the season with TT & Peterman on the active 53 and this kid to PS (doubt HE gets poached)..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

.......TT/Peterman/Yates.....Yates is probably odd man out as I doubt Peterman survives on PS if he continues to show promise (but he'd have to go to a club's active 53 which may be a stretch).....pretty sure this Wenning kid has PS eligibility, so you could start the season with TT & Peterman on the active 53 and this kid to PS (doubt HE gets poached)..........

While impossible to know for sure, I imagine they chose this guy ONLY because he knew the Dennison system and therefore could play in a couple days and give the WRs and TEs and RBs still fighting for jobs a fighting chance... and that during the regular season they keep TT and Peterman as we both expect, they will choose a different young arm for the PS to try to develop. This guy wasn't even in a camp.

While impossible to know for sure, I imagine they chose this guy ONLY because he knew the Dennison system and therefore could play in a couple days and give the WRs and TEs and RBs still fighting for jobs a fighting chance... and that during the regular season they keep TT and Peterman as we both expect, they will choose a different young arm for the PS to try to develop. This guy wasn't even in a camp.

....good point......not sure how much stock or value to put into "knowing Dennison's system" anyway......he's been around and I'm sure most DC's are familiar with the general parameters of his "system".....probably NOT CIA classified info.....so maybe the kid is a Thursday stop gap......or...who the hell knows at this juncture?.......probably a helluva lot cheaper to have player names on jerseys with Velcro right now......

Actually I think it's the opposite. Peterman before this signing was the only healthy and cleared to play QB. You can't have him play much at all this Thursday because if he gets hurt...we might be starting a street FA before the Jets game. This Wenning guy is going to play most of the game Thursday.

This "game" will be free right ?

Did any of you actually watch the game between the Bills and Ravens? Pathetic. It was a total horse whipping.

The Ravens totally dominated the Bills on Offense, Defense and Special Teams. The only reason we scored a touchdown is when our first string Offense played their 2nd team Defense. Hate to tell you all, but Peterman sucked too. And all the penalties. Sean if you and Dennison cannot even teach the Offensive Line how not to commit simple basic penalties, both of you need to find a new line of work. You keep talking about Process. After 3 pre season games your Process sucks. I wish there was some way for me to cancel my NFL Ticket for 2017.

....good point......not sure how much stock or value to put into "knowing Dennison's system" anyway......he's been around and I'm sure most DC's are familiar with the general parameters of his "system".....probably NOT CIA classified info.....so maybe the kid is a Thursday stop gap......or...who the hell knows at this juncture?.......probably a helluva lot cheaper to have player names on jerseys with Velcro right now......

I think knowing the scheme allows them to call a lot more plays, and therefore allows them to evaluate the Holmes, Reilly, Shorts, Lewis, Philly Brown types who are fighting for jobs. That's why they choose a guy who knows the scheme.

Why would you even bother signing a 0 like this guy? Why wouldn't you bring in a guy that can actually play? Aren't we evaluating roster spots? How does a guy who is like the 50th guy out of the league here, help you do that? Bring in a vet QB that can run an offense so we can figure out what WRs to keep

That's precisely why you bring him in. Because he knows it. A better guy who doesn't know it can't call enoughplays to evaluate the WR.

I think knowing the scheme allows them to call a lot more plays, and therefore allows them to evaluate the Holmes, Reilly, Shorts, Lewis, Philly Brown types who are fighting for jobs. That's why they choose a guy who knows the scheme.

...makes sense bud.....some of these kids on the bubble are caught in the unfortunate injury crossfire.....and we definitely need WR talent..... :thumbsup:

Who was it that said Wenning isn't everything, he is the only thing?

Nice. It's almost true, too, except for Peterman.

Did any of you actually watch the game between the Bills and Ravens? Pathetic. It was a total horse whipping.

The Ravens totally dominated the Bills on Offense, Defense and Special Teams. The only reason we scored a touchdown is when our first string Offense played their 2nd team Defense. Hate to tell you all, but Peterman sucked too. And all the penalties. Sean if you and Dennison cannot even teach the Offensive Line how not to commit simple basic penalties, both of you need to find a new line of work. You keep talking about Process. After 3 pre season games your Process sucks. I wish there was some way for me to cancel my NFL Ticket for 2017.

You can cancel NFL Sunday Ticket up to the day the regular season starts. I cancelled yesterday.

Exactly. You shoot pool with an employee here and you can come in and get a QB job. What does that give us? A lazy rabble instead of a thrifty working class.

Didn't Yates know "the system" too?

I'm starting to think these guys are more married to their "system" than the clowns we just ran out of town.

They brought in a guy who will have all of 2 days to prepare for a (mostly meaningless) 4th preseason game, and someone who they will almost surely drop as soon as a Tyrod and Yates are better.

You don't think it makes sense to bring in a QB who already knows how to run the system when they have 2 days to prepare him to play?