The Q.B. controversy is on

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And that tells you something about their overall judgment. Taylor has unsurprisingly stunk ,except for a few throws to his now departed security blanket Watkins. Peterman has hardly been a revelation, but he appears more suited to the O than Taylor. If Taylor is healthy , he starts if only due to his experience and that the veterans have been sold a bill of goods about " winning now".

Security blanket-you mean a top five talent at WR? probably would hurt any offense losing that.

Security blanket-you mean a top five talent at WR? probably would hurt any offense losing that.

I didn't mean it in a bad way. I think it's obvious it hurts the offense, especially a limited QB such as Taylor because it takes away one thing that he happens to do very well.

I believe TT will start week #1 is because McD doesn't have the balls to pull the trigger and start the "rookie"

If he starts TT and he is bad it's on TT whereas if he starts NP and he is bad then it's on McD.

Making scared decisions already based on what makes him look good or bad, they can't tell me with a straight face that TT is a better QB today than is NP.

They can say with a straight face that Peterman has yet to throw a pass in a real NFL game, and while he looks to have upside, the offense didn't light it up with him in there, either.

I didn't mean it in a bad way. I think it's obvious it hurts the offense, especially a limited QB such as Taylor because it takes away one thing that he happens to do very well.

I agree. I think they have set him up to fail. Take away his deep threat and don't want him to run as much. But the Watkins loss hurts any QB. We have a solid number two starting as a number one. Not good.

Jarvis Landry may become available.

They can say with a straight face that Peterman has yet to throw a pass in a real NFL game, and while he looks to have upside, the offense didn't light it up with him in there, either.

I agree. I think they have set him up to fail. Take away his deep threat and don't want him to run as much. But the Watkins loss hurts any QB. We have a solid number two starting as a number one. Not good.

Jarvis Landry may become available.

How many slot receivers on expiring contracts does a team need?

I think it's easy as fans to want to fast track the change to Peterman. But I feel that both HC and GM want to (and need to) be respectful to the QBs and the team. Taylor deserves so start the season because he's been one of the team leaders for two years now. He deserves the chance to succeed or fail in real games, with all of the starting offense present, and just let the natural course of things happen. Pulling Taylor now would create an atmosphere of discontent that a team in such a major transition does not need. Chances are looking pretty good that Peterman will start much sooner than expected. Fans just need to wait till it happens when it's supposed to happen. After real games have been played and it's not working with Taylor.

Just use the concussion protocol as an excuse to keep him out the first two weeks. Then see what happens. We are obviously rebuilding what is the reason to start TT and then what is the reason to start Nate? End of story.

To a biased eye of course not. It was only throw into a tight window to take the lead in a regular season game with the team trying to make the playoffs vs. a meaningless preseason game. :lol:

Hey did you forget you are not a Tyrod supporter and were upset that EJ didn't get the starting nod?

Or have you flipped on that along with everything else now?

:lol:

We should have signed Mike Glennon when he was available. I advocated for that long ago and got a lot of flack. He is a tall pocket passer and he is showing he is a good one in Chicago. But since they have Trubisky who is looking good, they may be willing to part with him. IMHO

Hey did you forget you are not a Tyrod supporter and were upset that EJ didn't get the starting nod?

Or have you flipped on that along with everything else now?

:lol:

Damn! The Fadingstain still hasn't disappeared. That was an open competition if you'll recall with both of them looking good. This isn't the same scenario.

Damn! The Fadingstain still hasn't disappeared. That was an open competition if you'll recall with both of them looking good. This isn't the same scenario.

It was plain to see that Tyrod beat EJ in camp and preseason. Not the dame scenario.

By all accounts, Peterman hasn't pulled away in camp and it's arguable for the preseason games. Honestly, he looked better coming in right after Tyrod got injured and that's the most equal comparison we've gotten.