If Peterman has to start, I'm trading for Clay as my FF TE

Charles Clay had 77 and 87 targets in his first two seasons with the Bills. He had six in the first half alone after Peterman took over, and came down with all but 1.

While that amount may not be the norm, even if he only sees six in the whole game that's already a marked increase in targets.

About half of those were outside where we'd expect similar situations with T2 under center, but there were a few in the seam where Peterman appeared to be more comfortable.

By the way - not advocating for Peterman over Taylor. Where Taylor has his problems down the middle, Peterman appeared to throw more to the Ravens' D-line on outside passes than to Bills players. Of course, as discussed in other threads that's at least 50% on Oline not punching out and low on three step drop plays.

Anyhow - given the WR woes,nice to see Clay being used as the big but athletic target he is. Now let's just hope his knee holds up.

Peterman didn't even have 100 yards passing total. How much production could you possibly expect for Clay with a rookie QB behind a porous OL?

Couple of big plays & nice touch throws were called back due to penalties.

Mahomes threw for 80 yds this week. Just saying.

Peterman didn't even have 100 yards passing total. How much production could you possibly expect for Clay with a rookie QB behind a porous OL?

He had at least an 18 to Clay and 19 to Jones called back for huge first downs, if not for the dumb offensive line. BOTH were drive killers

He had at least an 18 to Clay and 19 to Jones called back for huge first downs, if not for the dumb offensive line. BOTH were drive killers

Also a great back shoulder throw that Zay dropped. Probably 20+ yards,cant remember.

I was encouraged by what I saw. But again you don't know what you're seeing in preseason. None of it matters.

How could this be....Mahomes according to this board is already playing at a Farve like level?

To the OP - FYI: Peterman aint starting. There is literally zero chance of him being named a starter outside of injury entering the regular season. They already said TT is the starter entering the season after the game. No changes are coming barring injury early in the season.

Stil baffles me that this fan base is clamoring for a rookie QB completing a TEBOW-esque 50% of his passes, mostly against scrubs, to start and to do so behind the worst pass blocking OL in the football right now.

I do very much like Peterman as a prospect, which is why he absolutely should NOT start early in the year unless absolutely necessary. Worst way to build this kid up is to throw him out there so green behind a bad OL. There is zero value is rushing this kid into action, and the coach and FO both like him and know this.

TT has the job locked down without question to at least the bye week and most likely until at least week 10 before they pull the plug if he is struggling bad and give the rookie some time. I fully expect Peterman to get time starting if TT struggles all year, just 100% wont be before the bye week barring injury and more likely not until later in the season to give the kid more time to get ready and have a better chance to grow out there.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Manning went 7-14 well under 100 yards and a pick. It's pretty season,bottom line.

I agree OP, it's great to see Clay get involved,him and Shady are going to be big parts of the pass game

I was thinking the same thing about Clay. He's on waivers so I might just scoop him up :D. NP didn't have a nice stat line, but I liked his decisiveness. He also had a few batted balls, a few drops and a few called back. His stats weren't really that telling.

How could this be....Mahomes according to this board is already playing at a Farve like level?

To the OP - FYI: Peterman aint starting. There is literally zero chance of him being named a starter outside of injury entering the regular season. They already said TT is the starter entering the season after the game. No changes are coming barring injury early in the season.

Stil baffles me that this fan base is clamoring for a rookie QB completing a TEBOW-esque 50% of his passes, mostly against scrubs, to start and to do so behind the worst pass blocking OL in the football right now.

I do very much like Peterman as a prospect, which is why he absolutely should NOT start early in the year unless absolutely necessary. Worst way to build this kid up is to throw him out there so green behind a bad OL. There is zero value is rushing this kid into action, and the coach and FO both like him and know this.

TT has the job locked down without question to at least the bye week and most likely until at least week 10 before they pull the plug if he is struggling bad and give the rookie some time. I fully expect Peterman to get time starting if TT struggles all year, just 100% wont be before the bye week barring injury and more likely not until later in the season to give the kid more time to get ready and have a better chance to grow out there.

I certainly hope so Peterman *isn't* starting at any time this year. Note my first post.

Again, *IF* Peterman is forced into action, I think we see some significant TE, and specifically Clay.

At least one week, until other teams get film and recognize the rookie is a rookie...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Charles Clay had 77 and 87 targets in his first two seasons with the Bills. He had six in the first half alone after Peterman took over, and came down with all but 1.

While that amount may not be the norm, even if he only sees six in the whole game that's already a marked increase in targets.

About half of those were outside where we'd expect similar situations with T2 under center, but there were a few in the seam where Peterman appeared to be more comfortable.

By the way - not advocating for Peterman over Taylor. Where Taylor has his problems down the middle, Peterman appeared to throw more to the Ravens' D-line on outside passes than to Bills players. Of course, as discussed in other threads that's at least 50% on Oline not punching out and low on three step drop plays.

Anyhow - given the WR woes,nice to see Clay being used as the big but athletic target he is. Now let's just hope his knee holds up.

You've hit on something here.

The key to success this year is targeting Clay more.

I didn't see it.

Unless it is Shady.Really like the way Clay has performed ever since his child was born last year. 3 straight games with touchdowns and much better effort.

I would take Shady in the 3rd rd and only because I think he will be traded at some point.

In both of my FFL leagues when Shady was picked in the 1st rd there was a guy who said you better hope he gets traded.