Assuming we draft a QB next year...

McNubbins

Draft also a stud RT and possibly another interesting offensive weapon as well as sure up the defensive interior. Then I am letting Peterman and rookie to both learn together and also compete for the starting job. The cream will rise to the top. Competition will do that. If it looks too close to call, you probably do sit the rookie for a while and only play him if Peterman really struggles.

I really can see us doing something similar to this.JMO

...six picks in the first 3 rounds provides a helluva lot of latitude........when have we been close in recent lore to this position?......

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...NOT a proponent of throwing a kid who is "ready (by whose account)" to the wolves.......sure Losman is a sore spot in Buffalo lore, but give me a nanosecond......2004 draft "experts" tabbed him as the "heir apparent gunslinger to Favre going to the Pack" in the draft (google it).....Donohole gives up a ton to move in front of Pack to select Losman......to save his skin and justify his "THANSKGIVING", Losman starts prematurely and you know the rest....we will never know if the results under different circumstances would have been the same, better or maybe even worse....but the point is selection AND circumstances including the MAJOR aspect of coaching grooming are also a big part of the equation IMO....

I tend to agree you. Every position on the team needs to be earned. Its not only a business but also a competition. The Best guy plays. Some walk in the building the best some take a year or longer. Giving a young qb the job because he cant be anyworse than the starter is never good. Bortles Henne, any Cleveland qb the last 10 years.

A lot of these guys are coming from spread and air-raid type systems. Allen had a Comp% under 60 in the... whatever conference Wyoming plays in. Let them get their feet wet in practice and pre-season and take your time getting them up to speed.

I agree with this.

If the Bills draft a QB next year, I want that QB to watch and learn for a year. No need to throw him to the wolves.

Even if Tyrod pulls a miracle and gets the Bills to the Super Bowl, I still want the Bills to draft a QB next year.

Yes. Do our homework and don't reach for the first QB that McShay or Kiper (K-hype-er) start boosting.

Keep an eye on Fitzgerald and Stidham.

Then definitely let them sit and learn behind Peterman or whatever journeyman ends up high on our QB depth chart.

Edited by thunderingsquid

Throw him in there and play him.

The guys who can do it, do it...or at least make it obvious that they will be able to do it once they get a few things sorted out.

The guys who can't do it, suck...and they suck right away.

Get the new sports car out of the garage and open it up. See what it can do.

I agree with this.

If the Bills draft a QB next year, I want that QB to watch and learn for a year. No need to throw him to the wolves.

Even if Tyrod pulls a miracle and gets the Bills to the Super Bowl, I still want the Bills to draft a QB next year.

Only thing that makes sense. And a trip to the Super Bowl would be on the backs of the defense, not taylor.

...slow down Big Dawg......Spent Trent Edwards was supposed to be our savior......let's take this SLOW and STEADY before prematurely anointing.....

Well we still have a whole season ahead of us , I'm pretty sure that will see Peterman at some point

Only thing that makes sense. And a trip to the Super Bowl would be on the backs of the defense, not taylor.

Probably true.

My point is, the Bills should draft a QB next year no matter what happens this season.

Edited by Mark Vader

Who declares? Who stays in school? Where do the Bills draft in the 1st round? Who finishes ahead of the Bills with a need for a QB? How NFL ready is the guy that we draft? Is Tyrod still around? Can Peterman be a reliable starter in the NFL?

Too many variables to even consider the questions posed.

Yeah....but other than that.....

Start him day 1. If this season goes as expected at least being bad again next year we'll hopefully have a rookie QB to watch get better. I think best case scenario Cousins goes to SF and the Bills are able to trade up with them if they have their typical year. Depending on what it costs to trade up or if they have to trade up I think they need to go offensive weapons early and often. They've got one of the worst WR groups in the league and a rb who will be 30.

Worst case scenario they draft an OT or DT and go with a mid-rd QB and sell the hope that the 2019 draft is the year.

Considering well draft a QB jn the high 1st you def wanna be able to start him 1st year and seriously upgrade the OLine so he doesnt get derrick carr'd on the texans way back. Thats the most important thing, you wanna set him up for success and not failure. So you make sure u bring in players to keep him clean in the pocket, so hes comfortable and has time without getting flattened, and another weapon to do some damage.