Looks Like DeShone Kizer is Going to Be the Browns Starter

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How has Hogan (who I always thought had a high level backup type ceiling - I felt about him the way some here do about Peterman coming out) jumped Kessler on the depth chart Yolo? Kessler started a fair few games without totally sucking last year.

its one of the great mysteries of 2017, along with why he won't make Duke Johnson the feature RB. Kessler fell out of favor with Hue somehow. Hue said that was "his guy" when he drafted him. Waste of a 3rd rd pick.

its one of the great mysteries of 2017, along with why he won't make Duke Johnson the feature RB. Kessler fell out of favor with Hue somehow. Hue said that was "his guy" when he drafted him. Waste of a 3rd rd pick.

Yea... and I liked Hogan more than most.... just not sure what Kessler did to fall out of favour. I thought you might have some local insight... but it seems nobody other than Hue knows! :)

Kizer was not the reason they lost any games this year. The team is horrible. Literally, have watched parts of all their games, kizer moved the the team up and down the field. Inside the redzone they were a dumpster fire. Eveyone not just the QB. Kickers missing chip shot. Wrs having balls hit them in the chest and bouncing into defenders hands for pick six. Crowell get a pitch that he bobbles drops kicks defense recovers. All of these were proceeded by a good play by Kizer.

Edited by Mat68

Where are all the people that were so envious of the Browns rebuild?

i heard many say they were geniuses. they had a couple really nice shots at a qb and now they have to take a guy next year and hopefully that guy pans out cause if not that franchise will implode

i heard many say they were geniuses. they had a couple really nice shots at a qb and now they have to take a guy next year and hopefully that guy pans out cause if not that franchise will implode

The one thing that Moneyball doesn't seem to quite recognise is the Badol point. Say the Browns first three picks this year - Garrett, Njoku and Peppers all work out and play for 7 or 8 years for the Browns..... that still doesn't equate to the same impact as a franchise QB playing 12-15 years.

Where are all the people that were so envious of the Browns rebuild?

I don't think it's ever been a point of envy for me. I just like some of the pieces they've put together. I liked Hue as a hire but it's not worked out. I'd certainly have a different DC.

No secret that I believe Kizer is good in the long run. Love their OL outside of Coleman. RB is a who's who of my draft crushes, Njoku is gonna be really good. WR is the area I struggle with most, just from a depth perspective.

I like/love 5 of their front 7. Secondary is an area they need drastic improvement. I even like their ST unit.

I think coaching is the toughest thing for the Browns to get right because they're like the little fat kid getting picked last in sports. Nobody really wants them and someone has to bite that bullet.

The saddest part has to be that Deshaun Watson said that Hue texted him the morning of the draft and said "be ready"

The question that I would love to know is whether Whaley, if he had the authority, wanted to draft a qb in the first round? The next question I would love to know is whether he had Watson above Mahomes or vice versa. There were reports that he wanted to part ways with Taylor but the new regime was willing to keep him with a lesser contract. Hindsight can be so visionary!