How has Ragland looked?

billsgpr88

Interesting to hear Frazier's comments regarding Ragland. Frazier intimates that he needs further recovery from the ACL injury and the team is willing to be patient with him because they see progress.

Frazier: "We Had a Good Day's Work" (7:47)

DC Leslie Frazier talks about the recent work of the defense, what's been done to address taking excessive penalties, Reggie Ragland's progress and more.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to hear Frazier's comments regarding Ragland. Frazier intimates that he needs further recovery from the ACL injury and the team is willing to be patient with him because they see progress.

This is what I'm hoping, which is that they realize he isn't physically where he needs to be at this point and that they believe he could be a good player within their system and are just working him slowly into the system.

You know what is funny is even though he is not playing up to the standard that we have set for Ragland he is STILL making plays

Kid sticks his head in their in run support.....

We have other LB's.....let the coaches handle this

He is playing up to exactly what I anticipated from Ragland in this system.

A two down LBer that plays the run well.

He looks like what I thought he was going to look like which is a slightly faster version of Brandon Spikes.

I've been saying this forever but Whaley was the worst GM we have ever had. What is Whaley doing right now anyways. No phone calls? I wonder why.

I still cannot believe we traded up for him.

He looks like what I thought he was going to look like which is a slightly faster version of Brandon Spikes.

I've been saying this forever but Whaley was the worst GM we have ever had. What is Whaley doing right now anyways. No phone calls? I wonder why.

I still cannot believe we traded up for him.

Revisionist history since he has rated as no worst than a 2nd round pick and was drafted to fit the 3-4 scheme that was employed at the time.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Revisionist history since he has rated as no worst than a 2nd round pick and was drafted to fit the 3-4 scheme that was employed at the time.

I honestly don't see him playing that well in a 3-4. like I said he reminds me of a faster Brandon Spikes. Spikes played in a 3-4 in NE and was horrid, where ever Spikes was that's where teams attacked through the air. RB's aren't even getting 300 carries anymore. Jaylon Smith, Luke Kuechly and Bobby Wagner type LB's are the future of the NFL. We get dominated by the Patriots passing game and Whaley picks a MLB that can stuff the run. Thank god he is gone.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

I honestly don't see him playing that well in a 3-4. like I said he reminds me of a faster Brandon Spikes. Spikes played in a 3-4 in NE and was horrid, where ever Spikes was that's where teams attacked through the air. RB's aren't even getting 300 carries anymore. Jaylon Smith, Luke Kuechly and Bobby Wagner type LB's are the future of the NFL. We get dominated by the Patriots passing game and Whaley picks a MLB that can stuff the run. Thank god he is gone.

Not exactly true for feature backs even though most teams use an RBBC approach: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/rushing.htm

Does not sound like he is on the bubble like many say. Sounds like McD also ants to give him more time Ragland battling through each day.

“The thing I love about Reggie is he’s doing a really good job off the field right now in terms of extra work before practice, extra work after practice in terms of his conditioning and getting himself where he needs to be,” said McDermott. “Coming off the injury that we know he’s coming off of you’re starting from a position of deficit. He’s really working hard. He continues to get himself comfortable with our system. His best football is in front of him.”

@JonScottTV

"I know it's going to come back eventually and when it comes, everybody's going to know I'm back." Don't count out Reggie Ragland. #Bills

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/901082694007873537

Sounds like a man on a mission. Worst case scenario IMO is he's a beast of a two down lb, and worth a second round pick. Im definately rooting for him

Well, pretty much every NFL analyst disagreed. There's also multiple scouting reports I saw which suggested he would do fine in the 4-3.

If Spikes was horrid, he would have never started for a Belicheck defense...let alone be on his roster for 4 seasons.

@SalSports

Bills LB Reggie Ragland played only 3 out of 63 defensive snaps last night. He did play almost half of the special teams' snaps.

If he hadn't been a high draft pick or played for Bama he would EASILY pass through to the practice squad with zero attention from any of the 31 other teams. The NFL is the wrong league for him.