McBeane should of given

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We gave up nothing in these transactions. Watkins was only potential, still unproven that his skills are capable of being on the field when needed. Darby can play but has not demonstrated he is a top CB.

This team needs players who can show up and can lead. Sammy types who over estimate their impact cause turmoil with their expectations. " Give me the ball !!!!! I showed up this week so you should all be thankful. ".

was runner up as defensive rookie of the year....

I'm pretty sure they are not only allowed to compete, they will be expected to compete. The OP pointed out how close we were in many games, but failed to mention Sammy was missing or hobbled for many of them. Assuming Matthews can get and stay healthy, that would put us ahead of last year in terms of talent. Better than a full year WITH Sammy? No, but that's why they play the games and wait to see how they turn out.

Darby was pretty bad last year. Professional sports mantras are often what have you done for me lately. Rumors are he didn't buy in and he wasn't a good fit. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens this season . If Matthews and Gaines come close to Watkins and Darby's production the trades will be looked at as positive decisions for our team. I will root for Matthews and Gaines. Hope Sammy and Darby do well also. But they are now secondary.

was runner up as defensive rookie of the year....

It was a strangely good year after struggling all pre-season. But he played great. His second year was disappointing, and the scheme fit for this year was questionable. I really don't know what to expect from him. This one is a crap shoot from my point of view. I don't know what I think on this one....

Tyrod is Tyrod, same as ever and not able to hit moving receivers with good anticipation. This is why I am expecting Peterman to be the starter before the season is over.

What scares me is the soft zone coverage that we are implementing in our secondary. Opposing QBs are going to have a field day - hope I'm wrong

Go Bills!!!!!

Tyrod is Tyrod, same as ever and not able to hit moving receivers with good anticipation. This is why I am expecting Peterman to be the starter before the season is over.

What scares me is the soft zone coverage that we are implementing in our secondary. Opposing QBs are going to have a field day - hope I'm wrong

Go Bills!!!!!

How do you know we're playing a soft zone....and will it be all the time? Don't good defenses mix up coverages ?

I just posted this on another thread ... check out this stat .. but to your point of being 500 .. there have been many chances for 4th quarter comebacks

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_active.htm

Tyrod for his career .. yes career only has (2) 4th quarter comebacks .. Dak doubled this up last year in his first year in the league ... I think McBeane is looking to move on from mediocre 500 or less football ... I'm not a Tyrod hater ... but expected him to do more with the starting reigns after years holding the clipboard in Baltimore ... 44% completion percentage in 4th quarter last year in the 4th quarter within 7 points ... time to rebuild.

I am glad the 4-3 defense is back ... but have faith in the new regime and plan .. this year might be slightly worse ... short term pain ... long term gain.

I'd bet a ton of $ that his numbers go way up in the 4th quarter. Better scheme. More reliable WR that will hold on to the ball in traffic. I recently watched some games from last year and his WR really failed him late in games, as well as his defense.

Improved WR corp, improved D, better scheme fit (more play action, which is deadly with 2 elite runners in TT and Shady),will all equal a better Taylor this year. He has a unique skillet that if used right can make him a deadly QB. i think Dennison has a clear vision how to use Taylor in this way.

This team a chance to compete. I have a few reasons . Last 2 seasons under Rex the Bills were basically a 500 team going 15-16 with Rex. They lost over 10 gms by one score or less during that time period. That's 15 wins with a ton of injures to the core players and with a system that didn't fit the defense.

I'm shocked McBeane wasn't able to put these facts in perspective. With finally a Healthy Sammy and a Focused Dareus those were 2 building blocks moving forward plus the return of Wood, Kyle and a slew of others and return to the 4-3 D this team could have won over 10gms easily.

The problem is Sammy is never healthy and since his big contract Dareus has checked out. These 2 guys (McB) can't possibly be any worse than the clown show of Rex, Rob & Doug. Give them 3 full years and then evaluate what they've built.