Anquan Boldin:Bills don’t have “diva mentality” in WR room

YoloinOhio

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, not having any divas is a major part of why our WRs will suck. No one is confident/cocky/ambitious enough to want to go up and make a play or out-battle a DB for the ball just to put it in their face.

And you know this how? I also do not understand how "putting the ball in their face" equates to success. You don't have to behave like an idiot, like OBJ, to be good. Some players just let their play speak for them.

And you know this how? I also do not understand how "putting the ball in their face" equates to success. You don't have to behave like an idiot, like OBJ, to be good. Some players just let their play speak for them.

It's that mentality where pride simply wont let them fail. My description wasnt perfect, was just going for the general concept.

Most of the good WRs in history had that pride/showmanship.

Frankly, not having any divas is a major part of why our WRs will suck. No one is confident/cocky/ambitious enough to want to go up and make a play or out-battle a DB for the ball just to put it in their face.

you don't have to be cocky or want to put the ball in a DB's face (which is a penalty) to be confident, ambitious and out-battle a DB for a ball.

The frustrating part of this is his comments seem pretty straightforward, but then we never really know. Maybe he was being sarcastic. Maybe he meant there was no diva mentality when he was physically in the room, but it spirals out of control when he uses the bathroom down the hall. And maybe some of the posters are right, the lack of a diva mentality actually is a negative, meaning you actually need at least one diva-type to generate friction. And maybe he was actually talking about Sammy Watkins, or not about Sammy Watkins, or the room as a whole or individually.

What is clear is there is chaos in the WR room at 1bd. Or not. Maybe.

It's that mentality where pride simply wont let them fail. My description wasnt perfect, was just going for the general concept.

Most of the good WRs in history had that pride/showmanship.

Ok. Understood. Still think it is a bit early to come to that conclusion.

If Watkins was here, Boldin would be talking about Sammy being one of the best WRs he played with.

In terms of WRs, Sammy is about as low key of a diva as there is. You can have the nicest guys in the world but you still need talent.

Sammy left most of his Diva stuff to his agent.

I'd prefer to put the ball in their hands as opposed to their face. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Anquan wasn't at all referring to Watkins. He was answering Carucci's question in a post practice scrum.

Dude I'm telling you man. People go all over the place with small quotes. It be like talking to a wife. You can be like, hey so i was at work and this customer gave me a 50 dollar tip i was shocked and the wife would respond with, Oh so u think I'm fat?

When reading about the "diva" part, I began to draw up a picture. Seems fitting, we have a coach/team first blend at WR now. On paper, Boldin, Matthews and Jones are starting to look like a decent group.

I still think... What IF... we traded up and selected OBJ instead of Watkins? Imagine the circus we would've had to put up with him just in a Bills uni. Who knows, but it's something to ponder on.

Dude I'm telling you man. People go all over the place with small quotes. It be like talking to a wife. You can be like, hey so i was at work and this customer gave me a 50 dollar tip i was shocked and the wife would respond with, Oh so u think I'm fat?

:lol: Sounds all too familiar and that's TSW for you. If there's some unattached nonsensical innuendo with no basis in fact, make a thread and watch it explode.

Love the internet tough guys on here who would be in the hospital if they were on an NFL field for about one play.

Boo boo kitty is a board joke.

Obviously I would die out there and I have never once pretended to be tough myself, but that doesn't even matter!

So if you aren't a Diva, you aren't confident enough to go out and out-battle a DB??

I've read some interesting commentary, but this is certainly a different take.

It was me. Boldin and Sammy where in a very animated discussion on the sideline.

Murphy even said so on the radio broadcast. I am not sure though what that discussion was about ever came out.

But looking at them it seemed pretty heated at the time

Boy... if true that's a really interesting wrinkle here... makes me feel a little better about the trade. Maybe McDermott and Beane are just looking for a particular type of team-first player.