Doesn't seem right. RE: QB/WR

CuddyDark

The only reason you opt for so many possession receivers is you have a starting QB with a quick release but mediocre arm. Doesn't sound like Tyrod. Also heard today Bills tried to trade Tyrod for Jalen Ramsey.

Sign me up. Jalen Ramsey was my top player in the 2016 draft and he did nothing to undo my confidence in his rookie season. But it is a move you only make to tank.... and I'm still not convinced the Bills are taking.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never saw him get caught from behind though

Yes, he had great game speed. Bill Walsh saw film of him in college and saw the same thing. With Montana at QB, they ran a lot of 20 to 30 yard posts, with Rice and Taylor taking them the distance. They rarely threw any long passes down the sidelines.

Speaking of sideline passes, I watched the first half of the Raiders game and EJ started. Right from the beginning he was decisive and fairly accurate on short passes, completing his first seven. He then attempted a bomb down the right sideline which, of course, was 5 yards out of bounds.

RAC may be what it's about, but Tyrod can't lead and throw with anticipation to save his life, or place the ball right where it needs to be so the receiver doesn't miss a step.

Everyone around here is focusing on the WR end of the passing equation due to the trade. Focus on the damn QB...without one it doesn't really matter who the WRs are.

Luckily, the FO has this figured out.

Yepper. Trading your starting QB for a CB after the first preseason game when TJ Yates and a fifth round rookie are your backups seems the perfect recipe for engineering a tank for a mythical savior to be named later while maximizing profits with ticket sales revenue and salary savings. It's another master stroke by that genius Russ Brandon.

The only reason you opt for so many possession receivers is you have a starting QB with a quick release but mediocre arm. Doesn't sound like Tyrod. Also heard today Bills tried to trade Tyrod for Jalen Ramsey.

Also if you have a wildly inaccurate QB and need WRs with solid catch radius. Hmmm that does sound like TT

And i would take that trade in a heartbeat

Edited by MAJBobby

You'lll never see one. Reminds me of the poster yesterday who claimed Watkins and Boldin got into an argument. I asked him for more information, the guy disappeared.

I heard it was just maybe Boldin talking to Watkins during the game or something. Watkins may have taken exception to this new guy trying to coach him up. All theory though, no one really knows what was said.

....Jauron days?.....are you effing serious?.....that azzclown didn't even know there was an offensive side to the football....his pressers resembled Grandma's wake.......and now he's folding towels in the Lingerie League......this could be a NEW LOW.....Jesus.............

They are here my friend........... You can no longer hide behind other coordinators now.....Micky-D and Beane are being exposed for the novices that they are...The rest of league have taken notice they know they can fleece a 1st time GM and Coach. that was only hired because they know each other.........

Sammy was amazing at catch and runs in college. He was embarrassing misused here.

Given his history of 8 different injuries in 3 years, would you have Watkins doing anything but running out of bounds like he did last year? He was never a great YAC guy since college, he had enough chances to show it. Running with the ball after catching it in college is a whole different thing than the NFL.

Look, the guy scored a pair of TD's and had less than 500 yards last year. We still averaged 25 points per game and that includes the tanked Jets game with Cardale playing. Sammy was my favorite player but I still think there's a good chance in a few years we'll look back and say that was a good move to unload him. The Rams still stink, that #2 pick has a good chance of being in the 35th overall range, that's a sweet place to get talent.

Edited by Webster Guy

Sammy should have been a devastating #1 WR in the new offense. But for some reason the staff didn't think it would happen. Maybe it's their opinion of the Bills QB play or maybe it's his injury history. Who knows.

What the staff didn't think would happen was them being good enough at their jobs to retain him if he had a good year. Mostly due to their muff of his 5th year option. What could have happened , and how bad they would look in the aftermath led to his being traded. Ladies and gentlemen your Bills management team! Enjoy!

Bills can try to trade anyone for anything, but why on earth would Jax trade 2016 #5 pick of the draft for Tyrod Taylor?

If Jax wanted Tyrod, couldn't they have indicated their interest last spring before he renegotiated w/ B'lo? It was clear B'lo was not going to exercise his option.