Charlottesville

TSNBDSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sensible take:

http://www.militaryvotescount.com/2017/08/13/charlottesville-riots-who-is-who/

If the ideal encapsulated by the quip "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" is lost, it is because of two generations unmoored from the heritage of classical liberalism, critical thinking and the Enlightenment in education. That is to say, the principles of the American Revolution.

Perhaps this quip in the future will be "I disapprove of what you say, and I will attack to your death for my need not to hear it"

Edited by Ralonzo

I think there is a Chick in there somewhere, but probably not up to the Right's standards... She almost looks like one of the guys.

I think I see her.

With the addition of counter-protesters showing up, and everyone insisting that they were innocent bystanders whose only purpose was to hand out hugs and teddy bears.

with extreme prejudice.

A sensible take:

If the ideal encapsulated by the quip "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" is lost, it is because of two generations unmoored from the heritage of classical liberalism, critical thinking and the Enlightenment in education. That is to say, the principles of the American Revolution.

Perhaps this quip in the future will be "I disapprove of what you say, and I will attack to your death for my need not to hear it"

Bravo!

A sensible take:

If the ideal encapsulated by the quip "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" is lost, it is because of two generations unmoored from the heritage of classical liberalism, critical thinking and the Enlightenment in education. That is to say, the principles of the American Revolution. [/size]

Perhaps this quip in the future will be "I disapprove of what you say, and I will attack to your death for my need not to hear it"[/size]

Hitler loved this. He used these traditions of toleration, free speech and voting rights to get rid of free speech, toleration and voting rights. Free speech is essential but standing up to evil is just as important.

Hitler loved this. He used these traditions of toleration, free speech and voting rights to get rid of free speech, toleration and voting rights. Free speech is essential but standing up to evil is just as important.

You know who else used free speech to suspend people's rights? Trump.

You know who else used free speech to suspend people's rights? Trump.

Trump loves adlibbing and making false equivalencies. If that was an Isis Muslim protest & a Muslim 20 year old who ran over 20 people killing 1 injuring 19, I'm pretty sure Trump wouldn't be condemning counter-protestors.

Trump loves adlibbing and making false equivalencies. If that was an Isis Muslim protest & a Muslim 20 year old who ran over 20 people killing 1 injuring 19, I'm pretty sure Trump wouldn't be condemning counter-protestors.

Except he's not making a false equivalence. He's equating violence to violence and saying it's never right.

Or trying to: his main problem is that he has the communication skills of a marmot, so he can't manage to express that without sounding stupid.

Except he's not making a false equivalence. He's equating violence to violence and saying it's never right.

Or trying to: his main problem is that he has the communication skills of a marmot, so he can't manage to express that without sounding stupid.

Oh, did both sides murder? This issue really has the stupid coming out of you. You are one frustrated dude

Godwin says hello

The outrage on the left over this vile disgusting remark is deafening. Or is that crickets I hear. Liberals are nothing but posers. Act like they care, but when it comes down to it they don't really give a ****.

It's just another bunch of knuckleheads assembling and someone died, fully predictable.

Very tragic for the families of people of the victims... nothing was remotely accomplished.

Will happen a dozen times more, when it gets cold then it kinda stops because it really isn't worth getting chilly over.

The outrage on the left over this vile disgusting remark is deafening. Or is that crickets I hear. Liberals are nothing but posers. Act like they care, but when it comes down to it they don't really give a ****.

Yes I'd like to address this. I apologize for my lateness, as it's the first time I have seen it.

Great cartoon!

Charles Krauthammer calls Trump's stance a moral disgrace. But he says nothing about the anti Semitic. Interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/charles-krauthammer-trump-a-moral-disgrace-fox-news_us_5993c9f1e4b04b19336176fe?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Krauthammer hates Trump and has spouted invective since The Donald announced.

Columnists like CK and George Will have been put in a bad bind as reality is always going to win over ivory tower principles.

Fun times these are, a million laughs a day for me...

Trump is an idiot. Even when there is some substance, his delivery just comes off poorly.

I'm struggling with this one though. I hate any form of racial suprecmists. The white nationalists at that rally were a bunch of ignorant losers. BUTTTTTTTT....the leftist counter protesters are out of control and make a mockery out of the position they claim to espouse.

Where can a poor left/center guy turn to these days?

Once again though....Trump is clown.

Edited by Rockpile233

Trump is an idiot. Even when there is some substance, his delivery just comes off poorly.

I'm struggling with this one though. I hate any form of racial suprecmists. The white nationalists at that rally were a bunch of ignorant losers. BUTTTTTTTT....the leftist counter protesters are out of control and make a mockery out of the position they claim to espouse.

You don't take things seriously when they don't really matter to you and your immediate environment..

You find circles of people who are reasonable to talk to, it's okay to change what you will say to each different circle to keep the peace.

Nobody thinks Trump is a genius. But he did play the system perfectly and could have 8 years at POTUS.... :D

In other words, he's being Trump. The same guy NBC trotted out as the master businessman for decades.

A pox on all their houses.

He's not helped by a media that wants to turn everything he says around into something else.

But they couldn't do that if he wasn't such a clown...and you have to be a REAL clown to make a blanket denunciation of violence so ineptly that people interpret it as support for Nazism.

He's not helped by a media that wants to turn everything he says around into something else.

But they couldn't do that if he wasn't such a clown...and you have to be a REAL clown to make a blanket denunciation of violence so ineptly that people interpret it as support for Nazism.

The more they scream and roll on the ground and wail, the more TRUMP LOVES IT.