Charlottesville

TSNBDSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't have a hot take boyst.

My thread was specifically on president trumps presser tonight. And theres 10 pages of arguing here so I wanted it's own thread.

He spoke and what he said was impactful. It deserved to not be clogged 10 pages down.

I have no agenda , I'm an American first and foremost and I love this country

you're not that special. 🤣😂😉😦

Does that extend to other people, or is it only OK for people who say things which you personally find offensive?

how can you find anything offensive when it's copypasta from Twitter?

I finally remembered that I needed to respond to this still.

If hate speech isn't Constitutionally protected, you'll have to explain to me why the Supreme Court unanimously reaffirmed, just over a month ago, that hate speech absolutely is Constitutionally protected.

Alito:

"[The idea that the government may restrict] speech expressing ideas that offend strikes at the heart of the First Amendment. Speech that demeans on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, disability, or any other similar ground is hateful; but the proudest boast of our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express the thought that we hate.

Kennedy:

"A law found to discriminate based on viewpoint is an egregious form of content discrimination, which is presumptively unconstitutional. A law that can be directed against speech found offensive to some portion of the public can be turned against minority and dissenting views to the detriment of all. The First Amendment does not entrust that power to the governments benevolence. Instead, our reliance must be on the substantial safeguards of free and open discussion in a democratic society."

:beer:

Reading through these posts and on Social Media tells me that more people than at any point in my lifetime are not ready to have grown-up discussions.

The anger and emotion that is out there is out-of-this-world. You just cannot have a reasoned conversation with anything pertaining to Trump or the alt-right.

I dare not even make my views known on my social media accounts because if there is anything that could be seen as not an outright spewing of hate on this topic, I would be lumped in as some sort of supporter of them. It's pathetic.

Agree 100%

In his latest press conference President Trump has spoken and said that both sides are to blame for

charlottesville

He condemns neo nazis but also states that the anti protest people were very violent and that is not how we do it in America

Stating that they brought clubs and bats with them while charging protesters in multiple areas. Also calls out fake news

Tense times in America ahead

Things are so !@#$ed up right now that this seems perfectly logical to me, and I have no idea if you are posting this to tear down Trump or boost Trump.

Agree 100%

Things are so !@#$ed up right now that this seems perfectly logical to me, and I have no idea if you are posting this to tear down Trump or boost Trump.

Well I'm definitely not trying to cause ****!

I come here for bills not politics

But I'm a conservative

The so-called "alt-left" was called out harshly today. On Saturday morning Neera Tanden head of the Center for American Progress called out the "alt-left" and blamed them for the rise of Trump.

So in all of this is the origins of the term ''alt-left''. Look it up. Believe me. It was created by the right. Believe me. Look it up. It's fake news. Not a real term. Totally fake. Totally bogus.

Well I'm definitely not trying to cause ****!

I come here for bills not politics

But I'm a conservative

So am I. Things have got so twisted that I figured it was a liberal posting "He condemns neo nazis but also states that the anti protest people were very violent and that is not how we do it in America"...............Somehow that logical statement is condemned by the liberals I've seen on twitter, etc. today.

So am I. Things have got so twisted that I figured it was a liberal posting "He condemns neo nazis but also states that the anti protest people were very violent and that is not how we do it in America"...............Somehow that logical statement is condemned by the liberals I've seen on twitter, etc. today.

They are condemning it...

And I thought it was a great speech at such a key moment.

The reporters there are totally unprofessional and ask some of the worst most lop sided questions I've ever heard.

How bad was his press conference? Well, when you lose Fox News you might as well throw in the towel. (Fox News’s Kat Timpf declared, “It’s honestly crazy for me to have to comment on this right now because I’m still in the phase where I’m wondering if it was actually real life what I just watched. It was one of the biggest messes that I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe it happened. . . . It shouldn’t be some kind of bold statement to say, ‘Yes, a gathering full of white supremacist Nazis doesn’t have good people in it. Those are all bad people, period.’”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/08/15/what-did-you-expect-from-trump/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.6a57aa3d96fd

FAKE NEWS

oh wait, the far right leaning Fox News

oh wait that's also an Alternate fact.

how many of the people condoning the Supremacists and blaming the "alt-left" would have acted the same way if someone walked up to them and said

you are a worthless piece of garbage and you don't deserve to exist.

Would they defend themselves or walk away? (like a liberal coward)

Classified what as domestic terrorism? The original rally?

TBH, I only caught the headline before I switched the news off.

I've been on vacation and selling a company so have only caught a few snippets of Facebook hysteria, so can someone recap all this for me?

What I've gathered so far is there was a skinhead rally and everyone is pretending 1) that has never happened before and 2) Trump organized it.

I've been on vacation and selling a company so have only caught a few snippets of Facebook hysteria, so can someone recap all this for me?

What I've gathered so far is there was a skinhead rally and everyone is pretending 1) that has never happened before and 2) Trump organized it.

Facebook recap

Pictures of klan members with the caption "if you support this unfriend me"

Pictures of lovey dovey bull **** and asking for equality.

The best was the real buffalo Joe. He had a screen shot of his phone with about 30 images of black hands shaking white hands. The caption was "how can I be racist with this many stock images of a sign of peace?"

Look... Pictures of the PPP's right-wing people:

racist14n-3-web.jpg

Are those Walmart TikiTorches? Made in China?

I think there is a Chick in there somewhere, but probably not up to the Right's standards... She almost looks like one of the guys. :-/ Does anybody know their names? Tom says the real Nazis would have gassed these people for being too dumb and not racist enough. Only the racist geniuses would stand a chance. :-/

A terrorist attack that the victims, according to Trump and the rest of the haters, was brought on by themselves for protesting

With the addition of counter-protesters showing up, and everyone insisting that they were innocent bystanders whose only purpose was to hand out hugs and teddy bears.