Who will be shipped out next?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My money is on Ragland.

He is the only guy I see. I can't see parting with TT this year, they will dump him in the offseason. Shady is going no where, he has at least 4 good years left. By year 3 of this, Shady can be on a contending team for 2 years or so.

Dareus' contract keeps us from being rid of him until next year I believe, BUT he seems to be improving

It seems clear they are dumping current and future cap hits while adding guys that will bring discipline and motivation

Basically re-signing no one plus these trades, and adding Tolbert/boldin (talking kw into staying) and guys that'll help you get by for now

The big hits would be clay (stuck with him otherwise I'd say likely move), dareus (100% stuck with this dude), cordy (likewise to much dead money), Hughes (maybe a candidate as a guy that's not super disciplined and has bumped heads with coaches), Eric wood (restructure last year probably unintentionally saves him).... and I think with the departure of Gilmore, Darby, wood, Sammy, mg we are pretty well out of young guys that would possibly have trade value that are anywhere near being paid

Ragland will just be treated as open competition, win or lose, make the corresponding roster move

I'd trade every big contract, if we have a solid backup, and go from there.

We pretty much have, minus guys that have bigger hits to move them than to just let them stay

I hope they trade Kyle Williams to the pats. He deserves a chance to win a ring. Close to being my all-time favorite Bill. Send Shady to KC or Dallas. Tyrod to Denver. Jerry to Arizona, Wood to wherever Ragland to wherever

Shady to KC or Dallas? We want KC to lose and Dallas is overloaded at the rb position

I thought Rags played pretty well. Him playing late in the second half is not a good sign however.

He played mostly in the third quarter. From some of the McD comments, I suspect the coach was trying to build up his confidence as he comes back from injury and learns a new system.

How bad is Ragland if he cant fill the Spikes role when we ran Schwartz's D. McD's defense is a 4-3 and we got gashed in the running game. I thought run D was his specialty.

We gave up 90 yards rushing in the game. How is that getting "gashed"? That would have been good for 6th in the league last year over 16 games. They had 3.1 ypc if my calculations are correct. Are you just basing it on that one edge run where RR took a bad angle? Dude's allowed one bad angle in the first pre-season game of his career. Man, when we have the knives out for a player, we're kind of relentless.

Edited by thurst44

How bad is Ragland if he cant fill the Spikes role when we ran Schwartz's D. McD's defense is a 4-3 and we got gashed in the running game. I thought run D was his specialty.

Schwartz used his MLB like a DT. Let the big guys get up field and the MLB purely stuffs the run. Not so much McD.