2018 - The Lake Erie Draft

you know what Kirby, that is a great idea. My son is a Junior in high school this year, already promised him trip to GreenBay for the Bills game next year, this would be another great Bills event to attend together. And it may lead to him having a good run as a Bills fan in early adulthood

I think that it is potentially a turning point and will be something that you walk out of feeling positive about. I have a feeling a lot of Bills fans will make this trip. We will catch up for a beer!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take a 2nd for Ragland, obviously, but not anything lower. He's still young and very talented. Trade straight up for a good DE or S and I'll listen.

He made a great read on Thursday night, shot into the backfield, and hammered the runner for a loss. I feel like we are going to see a lot of that from him (high football IQ!) if he actually remains on the team.

I realize it's not that simple, but it would be cool if the NFL enacted the "emergency draft site relocation plan" to give something back to the fans...and put the draft in Buffalo or Cleveland next year.

Factor in the ease with which fans of either team could go to either location and the environment would be pretty cool.

What is the 'emergency'?

I would take a 2nd for Ragland, obviously, but not anything lower. He's still young and very talented. Trade straight up for a good DE or S and I'll listen.

No one is trading a 2nd for RR. He was a 2nd round draft pick who is coming off a major injury who is 3rd on our depth chart. He has very low trade value. You're better off keeping him.

I think Erie (but it might end up getting moved to Dallas)

Never been to Dallas. That would be a great reason to go. Though I would have a nightmare of the Bills doing something crazy and ruining the weekend.

Side note, next to Comic Con, is the NFL the biggest public sausage fest?

My immediate response was WTF? Thinking about it, and listening to WGR yesterday, hearing the speeches from Beane and McDermitt, then listening to Vic this morning on press pass, this could be a good thing. The talent in the trade was definitely a downgrade on each side, but Darby is a man cover going into a zone coverage scheme. Watkins is amazing but he's always hurt.

This all depends on the six picks next year getting us a franchise QB, and really hitting on these picks. We definitely can count on the streak to 18 years, but I don't believe we'll tank. We have to hit on the QB next year, even letting TT play next year for him to learn if TT has a good year, and offer TT back up money if he plays well enough.

We'll see. I'm tabling judgement on this one until we see what kind of team we have next year. This year 7-9 to 8-8 again.

My immediate response was WTF? Thinking about it, and listening to WGR yesterday, hearing the speeches from Beane and McDermitt, then listening to Vic this morning on press pass, this could be a good thing. The talent in the trade was definitely a downgrade on each side, but Darby is a man cover going into a zone coverage scheme. Watkins is amazing but he's always hurt.

This all depends on the six picks next year getting us a franchise QB, and really hitting on these picks. We definitely can count on the streak to 18 years, but I don't believe we'll tank. We have to hit on the QB next year, even letting TT play next year for him to learn if TT has a good year, and offer TT back up money if he plays well enough.

We'll see. I'm tabling judgement on this one until we see what kind of team we have next year. This year 7-9 to 8-8 again.

This is all reasonable. But Sammy played in more games and had similar production to Julio through 3 years. Would you trade Julio for what we got for Sammy? I wouldn't.

I just don't think the risk of trading a talent like Sammy is worth what we got back.

Never been to Dallas. That would be a great reason to go. Though I would have a nightmare of the Bills doing something crazy and ruining the weekend.

Side note, next to Comic Con, is the NFL the biggest public sausage fest?

Yeah, but I've heard March Madness in Vegas is up on the list.

I prefer WGAS - who gives a s@@t - where the draft is located.

Some fans, including our own Kirby Jackson, enjoy the draft as a fun, live event to participate in.

I would guess those people give a s@@t.

As an aside, you seem like a really fun guy! Keep partying!

Thats gonna be dope.

Did you read Beanes comments? sounds like Raggy is gonna get traded to a 3-4 defense for a pick and a 4-3 LB

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/11/said-sean-mcdermott-brandon-beane-lesean-mccoy-trading-watkins-darby/

Beane said next to nothing about Reggie in that article.

Just curious about what you're reading...?

How many early round QB's have been busts in the past decade

How many early round players, in general, have been busts?

I guess the Bills should forfeit their draft picks, or just select guards or something like that, huh?