1-1-2018 head line.

Jordan Matthews makes Buffalo Bills front office look like a Genious!

Ok so I love Sammy and im a HUGE WATKINS FAN just like the next guy an wish he was still on the Squad but (BLEEP) happens.So the more I think about this Jordan Matthews deal the more I think it could turn out to be a steal. Just hear me out for a minute.

1. Matthews is at least a top 15 wide receiver in his on right with upside. I really don't understand all the hate that's coming from all the bills fans that are call him all kinds of names like scrub, trash, stone hands. An Yes I know he's had some bad drops in Philadelphia this past season but scrubs just don't put up a stat like this ( 1 of 5 WRs in history to start his career with (65+ catches & 800+ yards) 3 seasons in a row) by accident. Trash players don't just get lucky to get over 100 plus targets the kid can play.

2. Since Tyrod has problems with throwing his guys open. An the news about the new offense having alot of the short and intermediate routes like hook's, slant's, quick outs & ins,seems, screens, etc. What's better for Taylor then a player that doesn't need alot of separation to make a play on the ball. Matthews is a strong 6'3-215 pound wide out that's one of the best in the game at boxing out defender's & jump balls, Witch will play a huge roll on 3rd downs & Redone situations this season.

3. Matthews is still only 25 years old with upside and experience (225 catches, 2,000 plus yards & 19 tds in three seasons)

4. The kid is the ultimate competitor that shows a ton of leadership and love for the game ( A young Anquan Boldin), and his teammates have nothing but love & respect for him.( You guys should read what his PHI teammates posted about him on Twitter ) He sounds like the perfect McDermott type of player.

5. I have a funny feeling he has his best season of his Career with 85 catches 1,100 yards & 10 tds and comes at half the price of Watkins in the off season.

Jordan Matthews is not a top 15 receiver in his own right...he isn't even better than Robert Woods! The Bills just dealt themselves a significant drop in the level of their WR play.

I don't hate the guy, but is making me sad to see fellow Bills fans buying this nonsense. He was looking to be demoted to being the #4 receiver in Philly.

Edited by Buftex

I am not really worried about Matthews he is a solid player. I would have been happy trading Darby for Matthews straight up. I am more worried about the CB we got. I feel we should have got at least a top 15 corner and a second for Watkins.

I am not really worried about Matthews he is a solid player. I would have been happy trading Darby for Matthews straight up. I am more worried about the CB we got. I feel we should have got at least a top 15 corner and a second for Watkins.

He's terrible.

Jordan Matthews is not a top 15 receiver in his own right...he isn't even better than Robert Woods! The Bills just dealt themselves a significant drop in the level of their WR play.

I don't hate the guy, but is making me sad to see fellow Bills fans buying this nonsense. He was looking to be demoted to being the #4 receiver in Philly.

How is he not better than Robert Woods?

What has Robert Woods done that makes him better then Matthews? Please explain?

Mathews' worst season is better than Wood's best season. I loved Robert Woods, but he is not as good as Matthews.

Top 15 ?....Really ?......Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, OBJ, AJ Green, Mike Evans, Jordy Nelson, Dez Bryant, TY Hilton, Demaryus Thomas, DeAndre Hopkins, Amari Cooper, Brandin Cooks, Alshon Jeffery, Jarvis Landry, Doug Baldwin, Julian Edelman, Michael Thomas, Golden Tate, Kelvin Benjamin, Al Robinson, Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, Emmanual Sanders, Davante Adams, Stephon Diggs, Michael Crabtree, Pierre Garcon...and yes, Sammy Watkins.....all of these guys are better.....he is not top 15...

Um, did BronxBomber write a title then forget about it and write a completely different post. I was excited by what I thought the premise of this post would be: predict the BN headlines for the day after game 16. However, it's a praise Matthews post -- not a particularly bad one and reasonably argued (although i'm guessing against the standards of a new post).

My thoughts are that Matthews might only get 600-700 yards, but still be very useful based on the offense we are going to be running.

That said, I'm posting based on what I thought this was about.

1-1-2018 Headline: "Bills Fall To Dolphins in Meaningless Game As Most Starters Rest For Playoffs"

Less Optimistic: "Bills Rout Miami To Climb To .500 As Countdown To The Draft Begins"

Top 15 ?....Really ?......Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, OBJ, AJ Green, Mike Evans, Jordy Nelson, Dez Bryant, TY Hilton, Demaryus Thomas, DeAndre Hopkins, Amari Cooper, Brandin Cooks, Alshon Jeffery, Jarvis Landry, Doug Baldwin, Julian Edelman, Michael Thomas, Golden Tate, Kelvin Benjamin, Al Robinson, Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, Emmanual Sanders, Davante Adams, Stephon Diggs, Michael Crabtree, Pierre Garcon...and yes, Sammy Watkins.....all of these guys are better.....he is not top 15...

please stop with Sammy being better I love the guy to but Matthews has had the better career

I'm OK with the deals, but agree with many, not top 15, maybe top 25 or so. And to put Watkins in the list of top 15 as someone else did, is based purely on potential.

IMO Watkins likely will have a much better year than Matthews as somehow players who've always been nicked up somehow heal very quickly in contract years. But lets see where they are in around 2 to 3 years as once they get the new big juicy contract, his foot (or other body parts) will start hurting more from walking around with all that extra money in his wallet and may be back to where he's been with great potential, requires double teaming when healthy. But the WHEN part is the hard part.

Jordan Matthews makes Buffalo Bills front office look like a Genious!

Ok so I love Sammy and im a HUGE WATKINS FAN just like the next guy an wish he was still on the Squad but (BLEEP) happens.So the more I think about this Jordan Matthews deal the more I think it could turn out to be a steal. Just hear me out for a minute.

1. Matthews is at least a top 15 wide receiver in his on right with upside. I really don't understand all the hate that's coming from all the bills fans that are call him all kinds of names like scrub, trash, stone hands. An Yes I know he's had some bad drops in Philadelphia this past season but scrubs just don't put up a stat like this ( 1 of 5 WRs in history to start his career with (65+ catches & 800+ yards) 3 seasons in a row) by accident. Trash players don't just get lucky to get over 100 plus targets the kid can play.

2. Since Tyrod has problems with throwing his guys open. An the news about the new offense having alot of the short and intermediate routes like hook's, slant's, quick outs & ins,seems, screens, etc. What's better for Taylor then a player that doesn't need alot of separation to make a play on the ball. Matthews is a strong 6'3-215 pound wide out that's one of the best in the game at boxing out defender's & jump balls, Witch will play a huge roll on 3rd downs & Redone situations this season.

3. Matthews is still only 25 years old with upside and experience (225 catches, 2,000 plus yards & 19 tds in three seasons)

4. The kid is the ultimate competitor that shows a ton of leadership and love for the game ( A young Anquan Boldin), and his teammates have nothing but love & respect for him.( You guys should read what his PHI teammates posted about him on Twitter ) He sounds like the perfect McDermott type of player.

5. I have a funny feeling he has his best season of his Career with 85 catches 1,100 yards & 10 tds and comes at half the price of Watkins in the off season.

You are still way off with top 15....30, maybe...but top 15...not even close.....

Sammy Watkins was potential and was potentially hurt his entire career as a Bill. 🤷‍♀️

The rest of our division is licking it's chops now that Darby has been replaced by a 5'8" CB.

GO BILLS!!!!!

McDermott is great at getting the best out of his CB's. Who knows. EJ may turn out to be a good pick up.