Beane & McD Press Conferences

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McDermott sounded like somebody just murdered his puppy

That's how I heard it too. He sounded really down just base off of tone. In addition, things like:

Q: "Were on initially onboard or did you have to be convinced about this trade?"  A: "Well, I'm always going to listen when presented with options..."

What is this plan I keep seeing you talk about? Beane was approached by the Rams and Eagles. If they hadn't approached him, Watkins would still be on the team.

They obviously had no intention of keeping sammy here after this year. If they did, they wouldn't have taken the deal.

It's not really that hard. Their plan in total, is to stock up on picks for next year. Also obvious.

Now they need to complete the job. Ship Tyrod to cleveland, Shady wherever.

The ones who want to blow everything up don't have a plan. The tear down in the plan. They just hope they're gifted a solution. You're no different. As if draft picks next year will save us. Or even two years of drafts. Especially considering how much of a crapshoot the draft is. I'm annoyed by your ignorance, but you're reveling in being the contrarian today. I'll be sure to find you in a couple years here so you can backpedal and soften your stance.

Tearing down the rest of it? Like TT or Shady are here for the long term? Shady will be to old by the time the draft picks are ready contribute assuming they use them all and hit on an even percentage come 18'

As I said in another thread the difference between winning 3 games and 7 will give you about 10 draft slots per round and that's worth more than the trades you made today. So why not trade away TT and Shady who will push you closer to 7 wins?

Now i've had time to digest this, does anyone think we are actually worse off? How many wins difference are we looking at this year between darby Watkins and Matthews Gaines?

Based on actual career to date, we are marginally better off with Matthews, simply because he is a better bet to stay fit.

Tearing down the rest of it? Like TT or Shady are here for the long term? Shady will be to old by the time the draft picks are ready contribute assuming they use them all and hit on an even percentage come 18'

As I said in another thread the difference between winning 3 games and 7 will give you about 10 draft slots per round and that's worth more than the trades you made today. So why not trade away TT and Shady who will push you closer to 7 wins?

Teams are successful with older players. This isn't some foreign concept. Brady is &&@!? 40. These are excuses. Coaches wanting to bail on players that "aren't their guys" is a way to buy yourself more years.

They obviously had no intention of keeping sammy here after this year. If they did, they wouldn't have taken the deal.

It's not really that hard. Their plan in total, is to stock up on picks for next year. Also obvious.

Now they need to complete the job. Ship Tyrod to cleveland, Shady wherever.

Right but you said a plan. If Beane wasn't approached he wouldn't have traded Watkins. So he was ok with letting Sammy play and then letting him go for free? If you know you aren't signing him next year, then why wasn't he shopping him?

9-7 with EJ and Orton and the #4 defense. Whaley didn't get to hire Rex and everything feel apart. Under his tenure, Whaley had a top 10 offense and defense and never got to pick a head coach.

We now have a coach who picked his GM.

I agree. It really bothers me that Whaley never got to pick his head coach, yet he was judged for the lousy job that Rex, in particular, did with the talent he assembled.