Winners and losers from Bills, Rams, Eagles mega trades.

JM2009

The only thing that will make these into a bad deal for the Bills is IF Sammy stays healthy and shows the hype/potential we all kept hearing about him this year for the Rams

But thats all we have heard for the last few years about him, he has huge potential, if he stays healthy he will be a game changer, and yet every year he keeps having these nagging injuries that either keep him out or have him playing hurt. He has already come out saying he wants huge money, and would everyone be happy of the Bills gave it to him after maybe 1 year of him being healthy (if he could stay healthy this year)?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ame="Call_Of_Ktulu" post="4462978" timestamp="1502484878"]

You just put that together?

TT has played much better than Geoff in his first season as a starter. And yes , he only has two years as an actual starting NFL QB.

Winner ... Rams

Even ....... Eagles

Loser ..... Bills

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

SNAFU 17

Hope not.

Big loser: Doug Whaley.

TT has played much better than Geoff in his first season as a starter. And yes , he only has two years as an actual starting NFL QB.

Hope not.

Big loser: Doug Whaley.

Whaley became a winner because of how bad these trades are. His McCoy trades laughs at you and Beane.

I love the trade. We got a starter at DB plus a 2nd round pick for a guy who rarely played, and complained about how many passes were thrown his way. Never liked him.

Matthews is a really good receiver, and we picked up a 3rd. For Darby.

The key to pass defense is the pass rush. If we get that in order, our defense will be great.

it is based off of the hype of what sammy should have been, but for what he has actually done on the field, it doesnt seem bad. outside of buffalo, i dont think sammy has been viewed as highly as here.

That may be true.

Let me just say that I was a fan of Sammy when he was at Clemson, and I wanted the Bills to draft him, even though it seemed unlikely.

The trade up did not bother me, because I believed that Sammy could be a star in this league. Unfortunately Sammy got hit with injuries, and nobody can predict injuries.

If Beane & McDermott feel that it is not in their best interest to keep Sammy, so be it.

I'm so-so on the trade. I'm glad we have an extra 2nd round pick, but I don't really know what to expect from Gaines.

As much as I like Jordan Matthews, the Bills are now left with a bunch of possession type of receivers. Sammy was our only real speed threat. So I am puzzled as to what to expect from our WR corps this year.

LA is taking a chance that Sammy will want to stay there with a bust QB at the helm. Giving up a second and a player is a big risk on their part. I don't think either side "won"

As for Darby, he didn't fit the scheme. It is what it is. When you change coaches and schemes every 2 years that's what happens

Ain't that the truth! We have seen that first hand.

That's why I want this new GM and coach here for at least their current contracts - 5 years. I want to see what happens when you actually have the same people in place and take the time to build old a team that fits them (and give them the chance to improve that team once it's built). Bad teams stay bad by constantly changing coaches, that's something I really believe as I have witnessed it with my own eyes over these last 15+ years with the Bills. I'm sick of the constant turnover. You can never build a true vision and it's extremely hard to develop your draft picks constantly changing scheme. You end up letting a lot of good players go, like we have.

This isn't going to be some quick 2 year fix either. It has been decades of ineptitude. That's not a quick fix. The rebuild could hit another gear next year, too, depending on how this year goes.

It's probably about time for a new approach. I'm not saying I'm excited that Sammy got traded away, but when's the last time the Bills have actually built through the draft? It's been a while. Seemed to work for Polian and the '90's Bills. They had multiple early draft picks in '85, '86 and '87 IIRC.

I don't see it as a tank either.

I just think the return for Sammy is underwhelming.

Maybe so, maybe not.

Beane said he had been receiving calls about Watkins since June. I imagine he didn't take the low bid.