What if Tyrod emerges as a franchise QB?

Watkins101

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if Tyrod actually emerges and is good this year. What will we do with all that draft capital. If Tyrod does become that franchise qb, what are we going to do?

Trade him for even more more draft capital just in case Peterman isn't ready to take over in 18

What if Tyrod actually emerges and is good this year. What will we do with all that draft capital. If Tyrod does become that franchise qb, what are we going to do?

You are going to get a lot of mockery, but this isn't outside the realm of possibility. And if this does happen, then we are stacked to load this team up next year in the draft and will have at least 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, and could be more if we get any 3rd comp picks.

TRUTH about Tyrod is that he is NOT remotely close to as bad as the people who hate him say he is. His TD to INT ratio is exceptional when you factor in both passing and running. His biggest flaw is looking for running lanes too quickly and missing opportunities downfield. I do believe that a better game plan and coaching staff can help him improve in this area. For a running QB, he has extreme confidence in his legs, so the natural tendency is to look for both throwing and running lanes and its the primary reason running QB's more often than not struggle with downfield vision and timing.

The previous regime not only loved TT ability to run, but highly encouraged it which only further compounded the issue. Add in a lack of quality WR's due to a mediocre at best group behind Sammy and injuries to just about all of them anyway, and it was a recipe for TT to look for running lanes more than he should.

Now we have a better staff around him, better weapons (even after trading Sammy we are better now than last year since Sammy had pretty much a lost season last year) and going into his 3rd year as a starter. There is a lot of potential ahead of him, but its on him to go out and elevate his game now. Not guaranteeing he will, but the possibility that he could emerge as a long time solution is not as crazy as some make it out to be.

Most importantly, we are armed to the teeth with draft picks to be hyper aggressive in next years draft if Tyrod doesn't take a relatively significant step forward as a passer this year. I do feel bad for Tyrod though, in a make or break year for him as a starter for this team, he just lost his favorite and most talented weapon again. Hopefully the rookie makes big strides early.

That's a great problem to have and we have a lot of ammo next year to improve the o-line and upgrade our defense. However, it's very unlikely Tyrod becomes a franchise QB.

Especially with no deep threat and everyone playing eight in the box to take away the run.

To me the only way this offense really works is if Zay Jones is able to play at a high quality as a small school rookie which rarely happens. You can pretty easily take away Boldin and Matthews.

IF Zay becomes reliable early AND Clay is healthy AND TT has a good season AND the line plays well we should be pretty good. I wouldn't bet on it.

It would be a very Billsy thing to do by not going after a young, franchise type QB because Taylor had a good year.

What is this, exactly ?

Way more misses than hits on "sure things".

Won't belabor with a list.......nah, I

l'll at least start it:

- J Football

- Bortles

- Cutler

- Pennington

- Sanchez

- RG3

- Gabbert

- Ponder

- Leinart

- Locker

TT is better than all of them right now. If he does steadily improve this season and the Bills keep him while developing Peterman or whoever, I'd be glad if that's Billsy.

What is this, exactly ?

l'll at least start it:

- J Football

- Bortles

- Cutler

- Pennington

- Sanchez

- RG3

- Gabbert

- Ponder

- Leinart

- Locker

TT is better than all of them right now. If he does steadily improve this season and the Bills keep him while developing Peterman or whoever, I'd be glad if that's Billsy.

Taylor is certainly not better than Chad Pennington, if that's who you're referring to.

You are going to get a lot of mockery, but this isn't outside the realm of possibility. And if this does happen, then we are stacked to load this team up next year in the draft and will have at least 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, and could be more if we get any 3rd comp picks.

TRUTH about Tyrod is that he is NOT remotely close to as bad as the people who hate him say he is. His TD to INT ratio is exceptional when you factor in both passing and running. His biggest flaw is looking for running lanes too quickly and missing opportunities downfield. I do believe that a better game plan and coaching staff can help him improve in this area. For a running QB, he has extreme confidence in his legs, so the natural tendency is to look for both throwing and running lanes and its the primary reason running QB's more often than not struggle with downfield vision and timing.

The previous regime not only loved TT ability to run, but highly encouraged it which only further compounded the issue. Add in a lack of quality WR's due to a mediocre at best group behind Sammy and injuries to just about all of them anyway, and it was a recipe for TT to look for running lanes more than he should.

Now we have a better staff around him, better weapons (even after trading Sammy we are better now than last year since Sammy had pretty much a lost season last year) and going into his 3rd year as a starter. There is a lot of potential ahead of him, but its on him to go out and elevate his game now. Not guaranteeing he will, but the possibility that he could emerge as a long time solution is not as crazy as some make it out to be.

Most importantly, we are armed to the teeth with draft picks to be hyper aggressive in next years draft if Tyrod doesn't take a relatively significant step forward as a passer this year. I do feel bad for Tyrod though, in a make or break year for him as a starter for this team, he just lost his favorite and most talented weapon again. Hopefully the rookie makes big strides early.

Great post. Tyrod is criminally underrated here. That's why this Sammy trade sucks even more. For the both of them.

I think Tyrod excels this season regardless, to the surprise of this clueless front office. Then they'll part ways from him anyway and watch him flourish somewhere else while they blow a high pick on a lesser QB.

What is this, exactly ?

l'll at least start it:

- J Football

- Bortles

- Cutler

- Pennington

- Sanchez

- RG3

- Gabbert

- Ponder

- Leinart

- Locker

I think Pennington, Bortles and Cutler are better QB's.

because bills fans cant handle nice things.

When we get something nice, it will be handled.

Id be curious to see the odds of qb's in simliar circumstances as TT

suddenly 'emerge'. I have to think it's tiny.

Who is Rich Gannon, Alex!