Are you ready for some Peterman????

Based on just yesterday, Peterman as the #2 over Yates seems like a possibility. I want to see what Peterman does against 1st and 2nd defenses first before jumping to conclusions.

Keep in mind that is is preseason and people can look good against 3rd stringers and cuts. EJ often looked like he was going to turn things around in 2015 and 2016. Tuel looked like a steal in 2013 and Edwards looked like the second coming of Joe Montana in 2007. Its a very different thing once the regular season comes around. My conclusion yesterday was that I hope Tyrod stays healthy.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked good. Probably as good as one could expect from a fifth round rookie. My biggest concern was his inability to step up and to move laterally from the pocket. Our O Line was terrible the entire evening, but Peterman got chased back far too often. Regardless of the O Line, a QB can't consistently get chased back forcing him to wildly throw the ball away.

A couple times he displayed the same good side shuffle that he did in Pitt. That wasn't a problem I saw. Being able to get rid of the ball when pressured was great. You often see rookies (or even some vets) make a boneheaded play there. Taylor Heinike did it in this game with that INT he threw. I'm glad to see Peterman not do that.

Point is we don't know what we have with Peterman. Keep challenging him and see how he responds. Yates is a 3rd string QB who is about to be out of the NFL. Tyrod, while exciting at times, is what he is at this point. Peterman needs to be playing against the 2's and getting more reps after last night. If he continues to excel then challenge him some more. If he takes a step back then work with him on what he's doing wrong and see if he can overcome it and continue to develop. After what I saw from Tyrod he is done after this year. Holding the ball still. As bad as Yates was at least he got rid of the ball correctly and ran the offense as called. Peterman was getting it out quick too. Tyrod is what he is. Wants to hold the ball and scramble and make big plays instead of 3-4 yard plays. Won't work in this offense

Point is we don't know what we have with Peterman. Keep challenging him and see how he responds. Yates is a 3rd string QB who is about to be out of the NFL. Tyrod, while exciting at times, is what he is at this point. Peterman needs to be playing against the 2's and getting more reps after last night. If he continues to excel then challenge him some more. If he takes a step back then work with him on what he's doing wrong and see if he can overcome it and continue to develop. After what I saw from Tyrod he is done after this year. Holding the ball still. As bad as Yates was at least he got rid of the ball correctly and ran the offense as called. Peterman was getting it out quick too. Tyrod is what he is. Wants to hold the ball and scramble and make big plays instead of 3-4 yard plays. Won't work in this offense

Tyrod made 3 perfectly timed completions to Sammy to start the game. It looked like they were going to march right into the end zone until stalled by the Incognito hold.

After that, they try some different looks and things. Some work, some don't.

I don't think this was an indication that Tyrod can't make those short passes you referred to. He clearly showed that he could.

So because Yates was terrible, means Peterman needs to "get time with the ones"

where did I ever type that? please show me. really confusing that you actually used quotations, when this was never stated. not by me at least.

Edited by 87168

.....at least Yates wasn't this bad......

Mike Glennon wasn't great in his Bears debut Thursday night. How not great was he? Well he had a 0.0 QB rating. That's not very great.

Glennon finished the night 2-8 for 20 yards while doing his best Matt Schaub impersonation by throwing a pass that was picked off and returned for a touchdown.

I did, and I looked past the typical rosey eyed glasses Bills fans normal take on things. He did "some" things well, others, really important things he did not, and against 3rd string players.

Tim-

He was also playing *with* 3rd string players. And the Bills have very little depth, so managing to move the team and score did impress me. He made some mistakes as well, but that is to be expected. I liked what I saw from him, particularly compared to Yates who was a train wreck.

Peterman displayed a little zip on some of his throws last night which surprised me a bit. He has made a case to get time with the twos. Don't forgot he had two big drops in the red zone, one of which was a nice rollout on fourth down and an on the money pass to Taiwan jones that went right through his hands. He also had a few passes that were behind receivers. He definitely displayed some poise and control. The best thing for him at this point is to carry a clipboard and get slowly eased into the opportunity to start. I'm honestly surprised we're not talking more about Yarborough than peterman. He started with the 1's and looked like he belonged. Very impressive considering his path to get to this point.

Slow your role bro.. I liked some things but he's clearly still 3rd on the depth chart.

Tim-

Have to agree with this. It's one game against the three's. Yes he did some things right, but he also got some things wrong. If i were a betting man for next week, I would guess that Peterman is probably going to be with the two's, but only for evaluation purposes so coach can see what he can do with them. He defiantly has the arm with the gunslinger attitude from what of I saw of him trying to rifle in a few tight spots, but he needs to work on his footwork a bit and slow his game down a bit more. There were times where he made some really good decisions and other spots where he rushed a few.

Tyrod made 3 perfectly timed completions to Sammy to start the game. It looked like they were going to march right into the end zone until stalled by the Incognito hold.

After that, they try some different looks and things. Some work, some don't.

I don't think this was an indication that Tyrod can't make those short passes you referred to. He clearly showed that he could.

He will need to prove it consistently. We should know for sure after a couple of regular season games. My belief is he will revert back to what he knows and that's running around and trying to make plays and that's not what the coaches want

I thought he was decent. About what I expected. He has very nice throws and just as many poor ones. Made mostly good decisions. He didn't throw one pass that showed me the arm strength I need to see. The TD pass was a beauty. For a first outing he wasn't bad.

This is pretty much my take. He should begin getting more 2nd team looks.

Well hes def better than Yates.

I think he made some decent decisions. Ball placement needs work. He looks small and he throws the ball too low at release.

Hes an interesting guy. As long as hes on the field getting reps I think itll be fine.

A couple times he displayed the same good side shuffle that he did in Pitt. That wasn't a problem I saw. Being able to get rid of the ball when pressured was great. You often see rookies (or even some vets) make a boneheaded play there. Taylor Heinike did it in this game with that INT he threw. I'm glad to see Peterman not do that.

I agree that Peterman showed some good lateral movement out of the pocket. I disagree that he never made some bad moves escaping pressure. On several plays he gave yardage running back from the pocket. He was lucky to be able to throw the ball. One of those plays could have easily been called intentional grounding or he could have taken a 12 yard sack. He is going to have to learn that you can never (unless QB is an insane athlete) escape pressure by giving ground further back in the pocket. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5