Practice Note Links 8-8

In Astro's absence I wanted to start a daily thread with practice note links or until someone else comes in as a replacement for Astro.

Fairburn

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/buffalo_bills_training_camp_day_11_anquan_boldin_makes_quick_impression_10_obser.html

JOE. B

http://amp.wkbw.com/2300980109/joe-b-7-buffalo-bills-training-camp-observations-day-11-8817.html

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost

This was great to read -

"Anquan Boldin wasted no time making his presence felt. He was working with the first and second teams during team drills and caught a few passes from Tyrod Taylor. His route running, physicality and hands will help him stay productive in the league. He already was gathering the receivers after practice, so he hasn't been shy about establishing himself as a leader, either."

Edit - here is Joe B's Boldin take -

1) Bolding mixing in with the first-team right away

- Well, that didnt take long. Anquan Boldin hasnt had more than a day-and-a-half, if that, to be in the playbook and study Rick Dennisons offensive scheme, but that didnt stop him from taking as many first-team reps as he could. On some two wide receiver sets, Boldin was lined up with Sammy Watkins. Then later on with three receivers in the formation, Boldin was with both Watkins and Andre Holmes. He showed off his size and his natural hands, making a few contested catches throughout the day. After just one practice, it would be foolish to anticipate much else besides Boldin factoring, heavily, to the teams offensive plans in 2017. Perhaps he plays a hybrid role along with Zay Jones, but its clear the Bills have an immediate plan for their newest wide receiver. After practice, Boldin already took control of the wide receiver room, delivering some veteran advice for the wide receivers of the team as they all huddled around him. Jones said Boldin, after only one day, has totally integrated himself, and essentially said that when he talks, all eyes and ears are on him. That sounds like just the type of person Sean McDermott craves for his locker room.

Edited by BillsFan4

I hope the coaches demoted Ragland in hopes to motivate him to play better. Otherwise, Beane better start calling teams about a possible trade.

Was thinking the same thing, s--t or get off the pot. Docs say ur knee is good, so bring it.

4-3/3-4 its still football bro. Get out of your head and play!

Edited by dneveu

I hope the coaches demoted Ragland in hopes to motivate him to play better. Otherwise, Beane better start calling teams about a possible trade.

I don't know if I really see much reason to try and trade Ragland right now. I can't imagine his value is very high, and it's not like he has a big salary/cap hit or anything. I guess if someone offers something good, you consider it. But I don't see much reason to try and dump him for a 6th (etc). Just my opinion anyway.

The coaches seem to think that he just needs more time to recover from his ACL tear. Leslie Frazier was saying yesterday that it can take guys a whole year to get back to form once they can start playing again.

Im not concerned.....it looks like the late aquisition of Hodges will end up being smart.

Ragland is just making a slow recovery back from injury.....he will be fine.

I mean... he probably makes the 53 because of his draft position and it only being his 2nd year. At the same time - if he's not a gameday contributor it should be a bit of a red flag.

Maybe once the bullets fly in the preseason he'll get back up to game speed?

Edited by dneveu

Don't trade from a position of weakness.

Dumb to not let him recover first and show what he has.

They won't trade Ragland unless they get a crazy good offer like they got for Kiko.

Sounds like he's still getting his legs back under him and it's also true that he's a better fit for Rex D. That said I think he's a talented and driven player who I hope McD can still effectively utilize. He's young depth that can still develop.

Don't trade from a position of weakness.

Dumb to not let him recover first and show what he has.

If they can do a deal for a player like how Whaley did with the Colts for Hughes, then the Bills should go for it. Otherwise I agree, let him recover and then see how he does.