Bills' OC: Tyrod Taylor 'can't wait for a route to open up

Meathead

The defense tightened up when it mattered against Seattle, and the defense broke in Oakland after numerous consecutive three and outs and a INT on our own side of the field.

Both games were there for TT to deliver, and he failed.

Sorry you can't deal with that

Like I've said before, Aaron Friggin Rodgers was 0-5 when his team's D gave 30 points or more. The only two QB's with a winning record (when their team's D gave up 30 or more) were Matt Ryan and Derek Carr. The other 10 playoff QB's failed miserably.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't kids at the age of 6 start working on the logistics of this so that when they get to high school they anticipate where the WR is going to be after the throw is made?

That's not the anticipation problem. On medium to deep balls he can lead receivers very well.

The problem is being willing to throw before the receiver is open, knowing that by the time the ball arrives the receiver will be open. The complaint that many raise about Taylor (I'm not sure it's true but it's credible enough to assume it's true) is that unless he sees his man open and running in open space, he won't throw.

Is your's Nick Foles ?

Not usually a grammar Nazi, but you only had to get four words correct. C'mon man.

Also... Sweet comeback.

The defense tightened up when it mattered against Seattle, and the defense broke in Oakland after numerous consecutive three and outs and a INT on our own side of the field.

Both games were there for TT to deliver, and he failed.

Sorry you can't deal with that

Well I'm glad the defense tightened up for about two minutes out of the entire game.

Seriously? Simone Biles would have trouble with the gymnastics you're doing in your head.

That's not the anticipation problem. On medium to deep balls he can lead receivers very well.

The problem is being willing to throw before the receiver is open, knowing that by the time the ball arrives the receiver will be open. The complaint that many raise about Taylor (I'm not sure it's true but it's credible enough to assume it's true) is that unless he sees his man open and running in open space, he won't throw.

To be the worst on him, the only time he has confidence and looks like a pro is when the D is in prevent and handing him the easy gain for pointless yards.

Wait... what??? You PERFECTLY described the anticipatory problem in your second paragraph.

Oh... you were being FUNNY!!! Ah, now I get it... HA HA HA...

Edited by row_33

Not usually a grammar Nazi, but you only had to get four words correct. C'mon man.

Also... Sweet comeback.

You're right. I'll let you get back to the if's and hypotheticals that prove that having the 30th ranked passing attack isn't a bad thing.

Rex ain't here to save his job again.

Edited by Maury Ballstein

You're right. I'll let you get back to the if's and hypotheticals that prove that having the 30th ranked passing attack isn't a bad thing.

neither is his abysmal defense. TT will benefit from both.

Gotta love Ryan's commitment to the idea that defense had no effect on the game Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several #1 defenses (in points allowed) have won a Super Bowl since 2001 but only one #1 offense has. I am convinced it is still a defensive league whatever they say. Patriots is the only team these days winning Super Bowls by passing a lot and not playing elite defense, although their defense is usually stout too.

Like I've said before, Aaron Friggin Rodgers was 0-5 when his team's D gave 30 points or more. The only two QB's with a winning record (when their team's D gave up 30 or more) were Matt Ryan and Derek Carr. The other 10 playoff QB's failed miserably.

We also had teams score 27 or more on us 8 times... we were 0-8 in those games, but why did it happen 8 times if our defense was any good?

The teams that didn't (which really shows the cupcake schedule we had)

Jax, LAR, zona (who had 5 turnovers), 49ers, ravens, browns, bengals, and patriots without a QB. Best QBs of the bunch are Palmer, Flacco, and Dalton. Others included Bortles, Keenum, Kaepernick, Whoever the browns started, and Jacoby Brisset.

Edited by dneveu

Several #1 defenses (in points allowed) have won a Super Bowl since 2001 but only one #1 offense has. I am convinced it is still a defensive league whatever they say. Patriots is the only team these days winning Super Bowls by passing a lot and not playing elite defense, although their defense is usually stout too.

Feels like their Defense is consistently in the top 10, if not they're hovering right around there.

They have the best PLAYER in the league at the most important position. But considering Denver, Seattle, Baltimore, even GB, Pittsburgh all had top defenses... that would have to be considered the trend.

Feels like their Defense is consistently in the top 10, if not they're hovering right around there.

For a few years they weren't, but the past few they have been. Last year they were 8th in yards and 1st in points.

The last time they weren't top 10 in turnover diff with Brady starting... was 2005.

Edited by dneveu

We also had teams score 27 or more on us 8 times... we were 0-8 in those games, but why did it happen 8 times if our defense was any good?

The teams that didn't (which really shows the cupcake schedule we had)

Jax, LAR, zona (who had 5 turnovers), 49ers, ravens, browns, bengals, and patriots without a QB.

It's an even lower bar, but the Bills are 0-14 when opponents score 24+ over the past 2 years. The Bills are 15-3 when opponents score less than 24. If you get specific to Tyrod then we're 0-11, as opponents scored 24+ in all 3 of Manuel's starts (though Jax was gifted 20 by Manuel himself).

It's an even lower bar, but the Bills are 0-14 when opponents score 24+ over the past 2 years. The Bills are 15-3 when opponents score less than 24. If you get specific to Tyrod then we're 0-11, as opponents scored 24+ in all 3 of Manuel's starts (though Jax was gifted 20 by Manuel himself).

A lot of teams lose when you score a bunch of points on them... it just seems to happen to us too often for us to overcome with the current offense. This implies we need a better QB. It should ALSO be noted... that we need a better freakin defense!

25th in yards, 24th in TDs. I don't recall ever saying that wasn't a bad thing, but please stop blatantly lying.

The Patriots' defenses have been ranked #1,2,6,8,1 for their Super Bowl wins.

Hey MAJMauryCrusher, why does Tom Brady need a top defense to win a Super Bowl but we don't even need to be in the top 20?

Edited by MPT

SO SICK OF THIS LIE. You all realize, this "16th in scoring defense" is total BS right? You want to know why we were "16th"? Because of ONE fluke shoutout with NO BRADY, NO JIMMY, and essentially NO GRONK facing a rookie QB with a hurt throwing hand.

Guess what...in the other 15 games without a BLATANT anomaly, our defense was 26th in the NFL is scoring allowed. So in 94% of our games, we were among the 6 worst teams on defense in the NFL, but you clinically obsessed people with hating on Taylor in any way you can, REFUSE to acknowledge how bad the def REALLY was. It was atrocious.

And considering Brady dropped 41 points on us a few weeks later when he wasn't suspended, had he played in week 4 they likely score enough to drop us to 28th in the NFL which would have made us a bottom 4 Defense last year.

AND NOBODY can PRETEND we still shut out the Pats with Brady. We probably give up 30 plus with even Jimmy playing. Again, still putting us in bottom 4.

So for crying out loud, can we stop with this nonsense that we were AVERAGE on defense because of one skewed stat from a complete fluke and anomaly given EXTRAORDINARY circumstances like the GOAT at QB being replaced with a crappy rookie QB with a hurt throwing hand.

PS: On the flip side, during the first 15 games TT played QB, we were tied for 3rd in total TD's scored behind only ATL and NO. But please, keep telling everyone our bottom of the league defense was somehow not that bad and TT is the biggest problem. Also the 5th highest scoring season in Bills history. Also the highest 2 scoring years in a row under TT outside the first 3 SB years. And all done with a ridiculous amount of injuries to all our skill players on the offense.

PPS: This is why people like you MAJbobby can't be taken seriously on your posts. You literally make believe something like the defense being "average" just to keep slamming your anti TT agenda. Doesn't matter what you think about TT...love him or hate him...it doesn't change the fact the defense was literally and factually one of the worst in the NFL and had a fluke anomaly skew the year end average to make it look different than it REALLy was.

So now we take games out to make stats say what we want. What happens to Offense Scoring you take out San Fran game? Want to play that game