Tannehill down non contact injury

Never understood this mentality. Unless it is spinal or brain related, I could not care less if an opponent gets injured, in fact, I root for it. I'm supposed to feel sorry for a multi-millionaire who will continue to get paid and receive the best treatment in the world for an injury they will, in most cases, fully recover from in less than a year. Nah, I don't think so. Get them off the field, make the W's easier for us.

1) why would you be ok with another human being getting inured?

2) football players are only guaranteed this year. There's always a chance one injury could be the end of the career. Seems like bad karma to want someone else's career to end.

3) if you ever played sports, you want to beat the best.

Correction: Jay Ajayi, combined with Rob Ryan's incompetence, beat the Bills in Buffalo last year.

Matt Moore had 233 yards and 2 tds. He played solid for them.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best possible scenario for the Bills is Pats winning every other AFC game. Accept they're winning the division and start thinking about the wildcard.

Best possible scenario is Brady has career ending injury next week and the division is ours. Assuming Darnold doesn't go to the Jets.

2) football players are only guaranteed this year. There's always a chance one injury could be the end of the career. Seems like bad karma to want someone else's career to end.

A good chunk of that came on the worst tackling play of the year on that long Parker TD. Throw was maybe 10 yards and he ran another 50. Don't get it twisted, Moore is serviceable, but no world beater. 7-9 for them at best if Tanny is toast. Two of those coming against the Jets.

Agree with 1,2 not 3. At this point, win anyway you can. And Moore played ok, but if the defense didn't get abused that would have been a huge W.

Every single year, it seems as though a rash of either terrible injuries or impossibly bad fortune decimates the Bills. I'm not saying I'm glad about Tanny going down, but I am relieved that for one time in the nearly four decades I've been alive, a major injury or ridiculously impossible, playoff-hope-defeating play DIDN'T happen to the Bills. I would say football isn't fair, but look... let's be honest... football has NOT been fair to the Bills... Ever... I mean, our curse is part of the social lexicon... X-Files, anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NyhAJEPEHk4

Yeah... we have been screwed by mis-aligned stars, stupid coaching (10 on the field, HEX Ryan...), freak injuries (1st and 2nd round pick last year: Ragland & Shaq), Bryce Brown (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wvG0b9_pNQ), Kevin Kolb's mat-slip leading to the all-too-early introduction of E.J. Manuel, E.J. Manuel (in general), The Music City Miracle (

), Scott Norwood (
)... I could write 100+ pages worth of irrationally bad things that have happened to the Bills.

Am I happy about Tanny going down?

NO! It sucks. He seems like a good guy, and he's worked hard to become an above-average starter in this league. He's no Jarvis Landry (who, IMHO, should be out of the league for ending AW's career); I have no hate for Tanny.

At the same time, am I relieved that, FOR ONCE (other than the one year Brady was injured, which we, of course, DID NOT capitalize on), the shitclouds didn't dump all on Buffalo?

ABSO-FU*#%@^-LOUTELY!!!

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever

Every single year, it seems as though a rash of either terrible injuries or impossibly bad fortune decimates the Bills. I'm not saying I'm glad about Tanny going down, but I am relieved that for one time in the nearly four decades I've been alive, a major injury or ridiculously impossible, playoff-hope-defeating play DIDN'T happen to the Bills. I would say football isn't fair, but look... let's be honest... football has NOT been fair to the Bills... Ever... I mean, our curse is part of the social lexicon... X-Files, anyone?

Yeah... we have been screwed by mis-aligned stars, stpud coaching (10 on the field, HEX Ryan...), freak injuries (1st and 2nd round pick last year: Ragland & Shaq), Bryce Brown (), Kevin Kolb's mat-slip leading to the all-too-early introduction of E.J. Manuel, E.J. Manuel (in general), The Music City Miracle (

), Scott Norwood (
)... I could write 100+ pages worth of irrationally bad things that have happened to the Bills.

NO! It sucks. He seems like a good guy, and he's worked hard to become an above-average starter in this league. He's no Jarvis Landry (who, IMHO, should be out of the league for ending AW's career); I have no hate for Tanny.

At the same time, am I relieved that, FOR ONCE (other than the one year Brady was injured, which we, of course, DID NOT capitalize on), the shitclouds didn't dump all on Buffalo?

ABSO-FU*#%@^-LOUTELY!!!

yet

Never understood this mentality. Unless it is spinal or brain related, I could not care less if an opponent gets injured, in fact, I root for it. I'm supposed to feel sorry for a multi-millionaire who will continue to get paid and receive the best treatment in the world for an injury they will, in most cases, fully recover from in less than a year. Nah, I don't think so. Get them off the field, make the W's easier for us.

not cool.

Yeah... we have been screwed by mis-aligned stars, stpud coaching (10 on the field, HEX Ryan...), freak injuries (1st and 2nd round pick last year: Ragland & Shaq), Bryce Brown (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wvG0b9_pNQ), Kevin Kolb's mat-slip leading to the all-too-early introduction of E.J. Manuel, E.J. Manuel (in general), The Music City Miracle (

), Scott Norwood (

ABSO-FU*#%@^-LOUTELY!!!

I can't get the embed to work... but you get the idea.

yet

I know, right? :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Agree with 1,2 not 3. At this point, win anyway you can. And Moore played ok, but if the defense didn't get abused that would have been a huge W.

You are gonna act like 233 yards and 2 Td's isn't good enough for a qb after your offseason of TT the god chatter ?

I don't understand, Moore is fine as a qb.

Tell us the one about how Tanny with a torn ACL is still better than Tyrod.

I'd prefer to use Matt Moore in that scenario.

Matt Moore is the guy you hope can play 2-2 football if you need him for four games. I guarantee you Adam Gase wasn't hoping Tannehill went down so he'd have an "excuse" to insert Moore in the lineup.

You are gonna act like 233 yards and 2 Td's isn't good enough for a qb after your offseason of TT the god chatter ?

I don't understand, Moore is fine as a qb.

I'd prefer to use Matt Moore in that scenario.

The point was that the defense was the reason that game was lost. For the 100th time.

we went 4-2 in the AFCE in '15 too :(

Yes, the way I look at it is, I saw us splitting our games with Miami if they had Tannehill. Without Tannehill it should be an easy sweep, and you never know that win might be the difference between making and missing the playoffs.