Could Ragland be surprise cut of 2017?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like Hughes not resigning with the Bills and Shaq not being available in 2016. You knocked it out of the park with those.

You remind me of Scott Glen's role in The movie Training Day..right after he was shot by Denzel..

BREATH dog...:)

He's finished...

Edited by George C

@Cover_1_

ICYMI: Reggie Ragland’s fit as a Middle Linebacker

http://www.cover1.net/2017/07/9979/

After winning a national championship with the Alabama Crimson Tide, linebacker Reggie Ragland was set to enter the NFL. However, after being flagged for an enlarged aorta he fell from a projected mid-first round draft pick to an early second round pick. Drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the 2016 NFL draft to fill a need at inside linebacker, Ragland suffered a torn ACL early on during 2016 training camp, an injury that sidelined him for the entirety of the 2016-2017 season. Coming into 2017, the Bills have changed coaches and defensive schemes, moving from Rex Ryan’s multiple defense to Sean McDermott’s 4-3 over. Ryan’s defense included many four-linebacker fronts that would have allowed Ragland to play his natural role of 3-4 inside linebacker, whereas McDermott’s defense will ask Ragland to play as a 4-3 middle linebacker.

The range and coverage assignments asked of a 4-3 MLB are more taxing and require greater speed and quicker recognition than that of a 3-4 ILB. After getting a chance to look at the all-22 film of the Arkansas vs Alabama game in 2015, there are three plays we are going to examine in this article: one with Ragland as a pass rusher, one against the run, and one when he was asked to drop back into coverage.

You remind me of Leo DiCaprios role in Catch Me If You Can where he impersonates the Doctor.

George, I miss Jerry Hughes don't you? I really wish we resigned him.

In the end, as usual you will eat your ego in front of the forum.. again...

You obviously have problems facing facts, and categorizing personal option over Injury.

Please stop with the Hughes desperation. That was his choice to sign.

Injuries, and the lasting effects are not.

I'm sure you think the Ragland pick was awesome, even at his slow collegiate speed. With his injury taking at least a year away, Ragland may not even make the team....

Edited by George C

@Cover_1_

ICYMI: Reggie Raglands fit as a Middle Linebacker

http://www.cover1.net/2017/07/9979/

Thanks 26. Great read. I tend to agree that he CAN be a good fit, in time. I certainly haven't chalked him up as a bust this early in the process, as certain others have. Excited to see him smack somebody tonight!

In the end, as usual you will eat your ego in front of the forum.. again...

You obviously have problems facing facts, and categorizing personal option over Injury.

Please stop with the Hughes desperation. That was his choice to sign.

Injuries, and the lasting effects are not.

I'm sure you think the Ragland pick was awesome, even at his slow collegiate speed. With his injury taking at least a year away, Ragland may not even make the team....

Of course it was his choice to sign, that's the way it always works. You emphatically stated and even created a thread that he wouldn't re-sign here. Then you argued with everyone who disagreed with you. Then when he signed, people called you out on it, you pretended you never stated it like you do a lot. Same thing with Lawson last year. I'm far from the only one who has argued with you about it.

That's your problem, you can't ever admit when you're wrong. I've posted articles from sports doctors and you'll argue against that. Several have several examples of injuries. It's incredibly bizarre.

Yeah, I liked the Ragland pick. SEC defensive player of they Year, scouting reports state his instincts make up for his lack of speed, hard hitter, respected analysts had him generally #2 linebacker behind Myles Jack last year....yeah it's not hard to like that guy. Yeah he looks like he's disappointing right now and kinda sucks.

Vontaze Burfict ran a much slower 40 than Ragland....5.09. In guessing he hasn't been good in the NFL.

Your problem is you think since you once had an injury similar to yours, you think you know everything about it and their healing time will be exactly like yours was. Several people called you out on it saying not everyone heals at the same rate, gave several examples, and your responses about Lawson was "what is he nonhuman?".

Edited by Teeflebees

Of course it was his choice to sign, that's the way it always works. You emphatically stated and even created a thread that he wouldn't re-sign here. Then you argued with everyone who disagreed with you. Then when he signed, people called you out on it, you pretended you never stated it like you do a lot. Same thing with Lawson last year. I'm far from the only one who has argued with you about it.

That's your problem, you can't ever admit when you're wrong. I've posted articles from sports doctors and you'll argue against that. Several have several examples of injuries. It's incredibly bizarre.

Yeah, I liked the Ragland pick. SEC defensive player of they Year, scouting reports state his instincts make up for his lack of speed, hard hitter, respected analysts had him generally #2 linebacker behind Myles Jack last year....yeah it's not hard to like that guy. Yeah he looks like he's disappointing right now and kinda sucks.

Vontaze Burfict ran a much slower 40 than Ragland....5.09. In guessing he hasn't been good in the NFL.

Your problem is you think since you once had an injury similar to yours, you think you know everything about it and their healing time will be exactly like yours was. Several people called you out on it saying not everyone heals at the same rate, gave several examples, and your responses about Lawson was "what is he nonhuman?".

Remember when Michael Sam had 10 sacks and won the SEC defensive player of the year? Rolando McClain? Maurice Clairborne?

That award hardly means anything when you go the next level, Sam tied for the award with Mosley and his measurable were horrible. Ragland is not a modern day NFL linebacker.

Remember when Michael Sam had 10 sacks and won the SEC defensive player of the year? Rolando McClain? Maurice Clairborne?

That award hardly means anything when you go the next level, Sam tied for the award with Mosley and his measurable were horrible. Ragland is not a modern day NFL linebacker.

Did you read the Cover1 report as provided by 26CornerBlitz? Its spot on

They have about 4-5 write ups on Ragland and if I remember correctly they were pro Rags articles. I was against the pick before it was made. I'm not sure if I have gone through the most recent one. I like Erik, I think one of the articles was written by someone else.

If you have the link please send me the one you're talking about.

Michael sam was a good college player. But he was too slow to be a tweener 3-4 OLB rusher, and too small to play 4-3 DE. Man without a position.

Ragland's measurables aren't really that bad. It's play recognition and more coverage assignments that he needs to work on. You can teach people to cover, you can't really coach speed, or size.

I wonder if they look at him as a SAM if he continues to struggle in the MIKE spot.

Edited by dneveu

Spot on if your thinking highly of him yes.

Fact is 2nd round pick has recently been demoted to run with the threes. No fluff article can prop up that is a downtrend

So Vontaze Burfict, Dontae Hightower aren't modern day linebackers? They're both downhill, bigger linebackers.

Rolando MClain's field production is actually good. He had 407 tackles in 65 career games. His off the field issues is the reason why he's not in the NFL.