Astro-Notes: 7-30-17 Fourth Practice

Astro, as always thanks for the reporting. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the pace of practice significantly different than year's past under different staffs?

2. Do the BILLS seem to be doing drills they've never done before or just pretty much the same old stuff?

3. Are there more situational football drills? It's probably a little early in camp for that but it's something to keep an eye on as the roster shrinks.

1. The pace is the fastest I've seen at camp. The running between sessions and how quickly the next session begins is impressive.

2. There are drills I haven't seen before, yes.

3. The situational football stuff is being done, and it's impressive for how early it's being addressed. BEst example, is running up to snap the ball if they think a challenge might be made.

I can echo this. Watkins is the best, but Zay Jones is better than Andre Holmes. I like Streater and Shorts above Holmes as well.

Every practice so far, one thing has been consistent. Zay Jones has been lined up as a top 3 wr. The only thing that may change, barring injury, will be that he claims the #2 over Holmes. By all accounts, he has been excellent and polished thus far in every practice. Silky smooth is a phrase ive heard thrown around. As far as Dawkins goes, lets give him a chance before proclaiming his balance as "meh", shall we? He was very good as a four year starter in college, and is versatile.

before we throw Dawkins to the dogs... he is a rookie. most rookie tackles do not adapt until year 3. he's been practcing on the left side all off season. he's just now moving back to the right and he is a rookie.
Prediction: Mills gets cut when Seantrel comes off his weed suspension.

Yeah I laughed when McDermott said they were going to crosstrain him at LT and RT.

Good luck with that.

I have no expectations for Dawkins to even play this season if 2 of the other 3 can remain healthy.......if he does play and isn't awful I will be surprised.

Mills might stick all year regardless of how he plays at RT..........young OT's with 50 career starts aren't that easy to find so I suspect he'd be considered as a reserve inside over Ducasse if all else fails.

Great coverage Astro... I'm glad there's some actual instruction going on, and not just 11 on11 drills.... Veterans from a 7-9 effort scrimmaging rookies isn't exactly steel sharpening steel...

Can't wait until the Minnesota game.

• The 2's are getting to the QB. Even the 3's got some action today.JOnathan Williams had another great day. Think Shady and Karlos rolled into a one-cut shifty back with size.
  • Hauschka drilled 6 in a row from as far as the 44 that landed 15 yards beyond.

These are the two thing that excite me the most ! ! ! Thanks Astro

1. The pace is the fastest I've seen at camp. The running between sessions and how quickly the next session begins is impressive.

2. There are drills I haven't seen before, yes.

3. The situational football stuff is being done, and it's impressive for how early it's being addressed. BEst example, is running up to snap the ball if they think a challenge might be made.

I can echo this. Watkins is the best, but Zay Jones is better than Andre Holmes. I like Streater and Shorts above Holmes as well.

Excellent! Real coaches -what a concept! Ranks, Stro!

Thank you! This is BY FAR the best coverage/information available and the author's style practically paints a picture. Wish I was there...

Agreed, but I wish there'd be more color commentary from Mrs. Astro. She brings a different perspective.. :wub: