The Tyrod Taylor Question

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no excuse for a 12 rating transplant.

There is no way to use selective stats to make the last 2 practice games look decent.

This is the Denison O not the Roman O

Apple and orange

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_quarterbacks_who_have_posted_a_passer_rating_of_zero

67 regular season games a QB has posted a ZERO Passer Rating.

Terry Bradshaw did it 3 times.

Multiple future HOFers have done it.

But yeah, let's totally pounce on his passer rating on 18 passes in a preseason game but utterly dismiss his Passer Rating in 29 games over 2 years.

Makes perfect sense :doh:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_quarterbacks_who_have_posted_a_passer_rating_of_zero

67 regular season games a QB has posted a ZERO Passer Rating.

Terry Bradshaw did it 3 times.

Multiple future HOFers have done it.

But yeah, let's totally pounce on his passer rating on 18 passes in a preseason game but utterly dismiss his Passer Rating in 29 games over 2 years.

Makes perfect sense :doh:

Good research. There is still no valid excuse for bad stats.

The tipped pass - can't blame him too much.

The other one he was locked onto the receiver and that is why Darby got the INT. TTs fault.

No QB s/b proud of a 12 in any situation.

Sure blame Boldin for TT telegraphing the play.

Do you think Boldin ran a good route and did everything he could to catch or at least break up the play so Darby doesn't catch it. Hotrod was flushed out of the pocket running right. What other receiver was on that side of the field he could have thrown to?

It was a bad play for Hotrod. Still, he could have use some help from a veteran.

Good research. There is still no valid excuse for bad stats.

The tipped pass - can't blame him too much.

The other one he was locked onto the receiver and that is why Darby got the INT. TTs fault.

No QB s/b proud of a 12 in any situation.

There's no valid excuse for Taylor's bad stats, but we can simply dismiss his good stats accumulated over 29 games?!?!?!

I also love that immediately following your statement that there's no valid excuse for bad stats, you provide one.

Honestly, this is hypocrisy at it's lowest. Please just admit that and let's move on.

Sure blame Boldin for TT telegraphing the play.

You mean after escaping the pocket from pressure and throwing on the run?????

Long week?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

There's no valid excuse for Taylor's bad stats, but we can simply dismiss his good stats accumulated over 29 games?!?!?!

I also love that immediately following your statement that there's no valid excuse for bad stats, you provide one.

Honestly, this is hypocrisy at it's lowest. Please just admit that and let's move on.

You mean after escaping the pocket from pressure and throwing on the run?????

Long week?

I don't dismiss his good stats, but I also factor in how he achieved those numbers, and he did it by playing in a simplistic passing scheme with easy, low risk throws with the occasional deep ball mixed in behind a dominant ground game. I also factor in the late game failures where he had a chance to take the game but did not do so.

I don't dismiss his good stats, but I also factor in how he achieved those numbers, and he did it by playing in a simplistic passing scheme with easy, low risk throws with the occasional deep ball mixed in behind a dominant ground game.

Is this supposed to be a bad thing or something? Who cares how a QB got good numbers? Isn't having good numbers what matters?

For what it is worth the 2nd pick really doesn't worry me. We have seen TT do that a few times before... a couple picked a couple went for BIG plays. As long as you get it deep and your receiver competes for the ball it is as good as a punt in many cases.

Telegraphing the play? It was a busted play and Tyrod threw it up for grabs. Boldin gave up on the route because he thought the play was done. It's not a throw that even gets made in the regular season.

We must be talking about different play then.

I saw one or two plays where he was staring down a receiver. He locked eyes on and didn't read the field.

Sounds familiar.

We all k ow TT needed to improve in that area.

But hey as I have been reminded it's only vanilla preseason.

Gooooo Tyrod by the gods do us well.

Seriously.

The real games can't come soon enough.

We must be talking about different play then.

I saw one or two plays where he was staring down a receiver. He locked eyes on and didn't read the field.

Sounds familiar.

We all k ow TT needed to improve in that area.

But hey as I have been reminded it's only vanilla preseason.

Gooooo Tyrod by the gods do us well.

Seriously.

The real games can't come soon enough.

There was only 1 INT where the ball wasn't tipped, but okay.

Go Bills!

You know what, after watching the Titans/Panthers, Broncos and who ever they played, then the Rams/Raiders, Tyrod isn't going to be the starting QB for very long. Those other guys were slinging it all over the field making all the throws, looking the part. Tyrod, nope, looking terrible like usual, can't read a defense pre snap, can't scan the field, late on throws, no pocket presence, etc the list goes on and on. As of right now the only 2 things he does better than Peterman is the long ball and scramble. The coaches are just giving him enough rope and it's just a matter of time. These coaches know what good QBing looks like and they know it isn't coming from Tyrod any time soon.

Peterman will be starting sooner than later regardless of how many lame excuses the Tyrod crowd can come up with. Bye bye Tyrod, good guy, good teammate, excellent athlete, absolutely horrible QB.

You know what, after watching the Titans/Panthers, Broncos and who ever they played, then the Rams/Raiders, Tyrod isn't going to be the starting QB for very long. Those other guys were slinging it all over the field making all the throws, looking the part. Tyrod, nope, looking terrible like usual, can't read a defense pre snap, can't scan the field, late on throws, no pocket presence, etc the list goes on and on. As of right now the only 2 things he does better than Peterman is the long ball and scramble. The coaches are just giving him enough rope and it's just a matter of time. These coaches know what good QBing looks like and they know it isn't coming from Tyrod any time soon.

Peterman will be starting sooner than later regardless of how many lame excuses the Tyrod crowd can come up with. Bye bye Tyrod, good guy, good teammate, excellent athlete, absolutely horrible QB.

prophesying, not everyone has that ability,

consider yourself special.

Is this supposed to be a bad thing or something? Who cares how a QB got good numbers? Isn't having good numbers what matters?

This is the crux of the QB controversy. I care about what I see on the field and what the scoreboard says when the clock goes to 0:00. What the bean counters produce after the smoke clears has relevancy only when justifying an agenda.