The Tyrod Taylor Question

You just said preseason games don't matter except for injuries and penalties so what does it matter who he played against.

this can't be real. It can't. meaningless or not, the first string defense will always be much tougher than backups and scrubs. always. and the defense is usually ahead of the offense at this point in pre season.

Edited by JM2009

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this can't be real. It can't. meaningless or not, the first string defense will always be much tougher than backups and scrubs. always. and the defense is usually ahead of the offense at this point in pre season.

Oh I see it only matters when you want it to matter. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

:)

yes, he deserves high praise for his efforts against 2nd and 3rd stringers and even some that wont be in the league, high praise.

high five !!

awkward-five-breakfast-club.gif

Breakfast Club was a good movie.

But I can't help myself. I've been on the Petermen train since before we drafted him. Still, he shouldn't be starting unless the season is lost.

I like him too. I said at the time he might be the gem of the draft.

Dude... were you watching? 3 step drop and plant and the defense has already collapsed. No time to read anything.

Our OL sucked.

Why's it a draw? Peterman wasn't playing against the Eagles 1st string D at any point.

You do know a QB should be reading well before the top of his drop because that is when the Ball should come out right?

I just see mostly the same Taylor I've seen the last 2 years but in a new offense with new WRs he's trying to gain chemistry with.

His worst play of the night was his miss to Clay over the middle of the field that Clay almost grabbed. The first interception really wasn't his fault at all. On the second one I think he was just taking a chance that Boldin might go up and get it. Probably runs or throws it away in the regular season. The other pass to Boldin where Darby almost picked it off again was a play I think you could see an extremely slow receiver who is just being read so easily by the defender.

Production is going to be what matters in the regular season. No matter who is mostly at fault (the OL or WRs or Taylor) it will absolutely be Taylor who loses his job... maybe sooner rather than later.

He has fault for both interceptions Edited by MAJBobby

EJ comparisons? If you want to go there. Did EJ ever have a QB rating of 12?

Seriously

That ship has sailed fellas let's deal with what we have.

Jeeze why is it so hard to root for the new kid?

Nate is a rookie that seems to get it in areas that TT doesn't.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

EJ comparisons?

That ship has sailed fellas let's deal with what we have.

Jeeze why is it so hard to root for the new kid?

Nate is a rookie that seems to get it.

no, it's really not, basing expectations on anything EJ did is foolhardy at best.

Peterman displays smarts and a know how. something that needs to be honed at this level.

How the hell are you telling me what my point was? The point is not to read too much into preseason stat lines like some on TSW have been doing with regard to Peterman.

How the hell are you telling me what my point was? The point is not to read too much into preseason stat lines like some on TSW have been doing with regard to Peterman.

i'm telling you that your point is off.

No. I'm being obstinate to nonsense.

"Correct. It's like maybe a small group that resorts to name calling and claims we think TT is the savior, when none of us have ever said so. If peterman proves to be better in the long term, that's great-that means we would have a very good QB. But to base it off of a meaningless pre season game where the offense as a whole put up a whopping 16 points, tells me the ones going crazy for peterman at this point are the ones with the problem, not us.".. my post from earlier I think fits this bunch well.