The Tyrod Taylor Question

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott had Tyrod Taylor's back today. My advice to #Bills fans... let it breathe. Full analysis: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/mcdermott-says-he-envisions-tyrod-taylor-starting-week-1-for-the-buffalo-bills

The Bills are in a delicate position at the moment even with the team. Following the two blockbuster trades that sent wide receiver Sammy Watkins and cornerback Ronald Darby packing for two inferior players and high round draft picks, the Bills are still preparing for 2017 with the intent to be competitive and to try and win some games.

So, when it comes to the starting quarterback of the team, the potential of Tyrod Taylor -- a two-year starting quarterback in the NFL -- not being the starter in Buffalo, and in favor of a rookie no less, it likely would not go over well within the locker room. Taylor is well-liked by his teammates and there is a belief by the veterans on the team that Taylor can help them get to victories.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-16, lol.

I'm not saying Peterman is the next Brady but he is showing some things in his very short career that makes one think he could succeed at this level. for what he showed last night, there were somethings that Taylor will never be able to do. if i'm Taylor, i'm feeling pretty embarrassed this morning.

win two games then?

0-16, lol.

I'm not saying Peterman is the next Brady but he is showing some things in his very short career that makes one think he could succeed at this level. for what he showed last night, there were somethings that Taylor will never be able to do. if i'm Taylor, i'm feeling pretty embarrassed this morning.

Peterman has never played in a game that counted in the NFL. Like I said, play him with the firsts without Glenn and Matthews. Then he has the same situation that TT had last night. then we will know if he for sure better suited for this type of offense.

0-16, lol.

Whoaaaaa Nellie!

@hsimon62

according to @PFF Peterman was 9-12 for 160 yds with clean pocket last night and 1-8 for 7 yards when under pressure

I hope they do put peterman in. game 2 would be a good time, especially if taylor flops game one. that way they could go 0-16 and have the first pick. then the rookie doesn't live up to expectations as has happened many times and they're still in a hole at the position.

and the wheels keep spinning and spinning.

giphy.gif

Damn it. I thought something was being loaded.

Nice.

0-16, lol.

Embarrassed over a meaningless pre season game. lol many players have looked good in pre season against the backups and scrubs of other teams. some how they disappear from NFL history so many of them. I think peterman will stick around and may prove to be better. But you come in and pounce on this situation tells me it's the same old same old. TT looked ok last week with Watkins and you were no where to be found. but it is still a meaningless pre season game.

Whoaaaaa Nellie!

@hsimon62

according to @PFF Peterman was 9-12 for 160 yds with clean pocket last night and 1-8 for 7 yards when under pressure

I posted to Foxx on how TT was very good under pressure in 2016-when it counts-and all I got was "more excuses" and "he didn't care about stats."

Embarrassed over a meaningless pre season game. lol many players have looked good in pre season against the backups and scrubs of other teams. some how they disappear from NFL history so many of them. I think peterman will stick around and may prove to be better. But you come in and pounce on this situation tells me it's the same old same old. TT looked ok last week with Watkins and you were no where to be found. but it is still a meaningless pre season game.

lol. sorry jimbo. the real world takes precedent over arguing with you.

Such hyperbole and exaggeration for a guy who's never faced a real NFL defense with heavy pressure and complex coverage schemes when the the games really count. We all know Taylor is an average QB with obvious deficiencies.

lol. sorry jimbo. the real world takes precedent over arguing with you.

In the real world, no one with any sense bases a QB on preseason, esp going against backups and scrubs, and claims him to be better than the starter who is not great, nor is he terrible and has fared ok in real NFL games. If we had a horrible starting QB, then sure, might as well, but this isn't the case.

Such hyperbole and exaggeration for a guy who's never faced a real NFL defense with heavy pressure and complex coverage schemes when the the games really count. We all know Taylor is an average QB with obvious deficiencies.

Correct. It's like maybe a small group that resorts to name calling and claims we think TT is the savior, when none of us have ever said so. If peterman proves to be better in the long term, that's great-that means we would have a very good QB. But to base it off of a meaningless pre season game where the offense as a whole put up a whopping 16 points, tells me the ones going crazy for peterman at this point are the ones with the problem, not us.

I posted to Foxx on how TT was very good under pressure in 2016-when it counts-and all I got was "more excuses" and "he didn't care about stats."

still talking about posters to other posters i see.

somethings will neverevereverevereverever change....

In the real world, no one with any sense bases a QB on preseason, esp going against backups and scrubs, and claims him to be better than the starter who is not great, nor is he terrible and has fared ok in real NFL games. If we had a horrible starting QB, then sure, might as well, but this isn't the case.

Correct. It's like maybe a small group that resorts to name calling and claims we think TT is the savior, when none of us have ever said so. If peterman proves to be better in the long term, that's great-that means we would have a very good QB. But to base it off of a meaningless pre season game where the offense as a whole put up a whopping 16 points, tells me the ones going crazy for peterman at this point are the ones with the problem, not us.

okay, im out.

your pathetic.

still talking about posters to other posters i see.

somethings will neverevereverevereverever change....

okay, im out.

your pathetic.

"Correct. It's like maybe a small group that resorts to name calling and claims we think TT is the savior, when none of us have ever said so. If peterman proves to be better in the long term, that's great-that means we would have a very good QB. But to base it off of a meaningless pre season game where the offense as a whole put up a whopping 16 points, tells me the ones going crazy for peterman at this point are the ones with the problem, not us."..

Peterman has never played in a game that counted in the NFL. Like I said, play him with the firsts without Glenn and Matthews. Then he has the same situation that TT had last night. then we will know if he for sure better suited for this type of offense.

Still beating that horse I see.

He did play without Glenn and Matthews and he performed pretty darn well for his second ever NFL game.

He did play without Glenn and Matthews and he performed pretty darn well for his second ever NFL game.

He didn't play against the first unit defense of the Eagles. is this such a hard concept to understand?

Damn it. I thought something was being loaded.

Nice.

:)

yes, he deserves high praise for his efforts against 2nd and 3rd stringers and even some that wont be in the league, high praise.

high five !!

awkward-five-breakfast-club.gif