• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.

Your not saying TT = DB

😉😉

What was the Saints running game like?

Don't confuse better passing for passing only

That's the point. You can win a bunch of different ways. The Saints running game was middle of the league. Their defense was trash. I'd expect their running game to take a step. Peterson has been really good this offseason.

I don't think we're gonna agree on anything, my friend.

How did I know 7 would be the number someone like you would believe I was saying Taylor belonged. :doh:

That isn't where I think he was, btw... read what I said...

I wonder if transplant thinks Kaepernick is also rated that high. His stats are pretty similar with also a similar skill set. Who were his receivers last year in SF?

C'mon man!!!

Can we all try to stop selectively reading posts?

How did I know 7 would be the number someone like you would believe I was saying Taylor belonged. :doh:

C'mon man!!!

You didn't say he had the 7th to 15th best QB season in 2015?

You didn't say he had the 7th to 15th best QB season in 2015?

I said somewhere in there, yes. I said exactly "By whatever measurements or metrics or I tests you want to use, you could put Taylor anywhere from 7 to 15 reasonably, I think."

To which you reply...

I don't think we're gonna agree on anything, my friend.

With this... as though he was definitively 7.

Just some strange interpretation there. :doh:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

IMO the only way Tyrod is the Bills QB in 2018 is by, not only making the playoffs, but he has to WIN a playoff game as well.

Now, do I think could happen? sure.

Do I think it will happen? Nope.

IMO the only way Tyrod isn't the Bills QB in 2018 is if someone else on the roster gives us a better chance to win football games.

IMO the only way Tyrod isn't the Bills QB in 2018 is if someone else on the roster gives us a better chance to win football games.

Certainly to start 2018 I'd agree. I think if the Bills draft one in the 1st next April then whether Tyrod remains the starter throughout the 2018 season depends as much on the W-L record as his personal performance.

C'mon man!!!

What are your thoughts on Kaep as a QB? I'd assume you think as highly of him as you do Tyrod.

@Andy_Benoit

Will be interesting to see how Tyrod Taylor does in #Bills new offense. He’ll be put on the move and have reads defined.

Tyrod Taylor the NFL’s best pure deep ball thrower because of air he gets under the ball.

Issue with Tyrod Taylor are the throws he doesn’t attempt. Leaves too many open receivers on the field. No stat can show this.

Additional observations from Benoit.

Additional observations from Benoit.

And this is one of Transplants guys that he used to help support his Tyrod argument basically telling you he lacks major passing ability.

He obviously can't make reads well, and he fails to anticipate receivers as well as use certain portions of the field.

This guy is so limited, it's pathetic. Moving on from him is inevitable.

Does this mean he won't have the option to audible?

Have you ever seen it before?

He didn't have that permission within the offense because he hasn't shown the ability to read the defense and exploit weaknesses.

Of course we will hear the usual excuses such as it was Roman's offense and other nonsense, but all the signs point to a limited QB that while possessing great talent, he doesn't possess the QB awareness and intellect at that position.

There is literally nothing that disproves this. All the way back to college his issues were making reads and processing the field. The same rings true going into season number seven in the pro's.

Expect limited passing with some flash mixed in due to his great physical talent. There will be no significant jump in play, and he can only really go down or maintain average play.

Neither is good enough, and it's only a matter of time before he becomes a high end backup. That's where his value lies IMO.

"Issue with Tyrod Taylor are the throws he doesn’t attempt. Leaves too many open receivers on the field. No stat can show this."

This is absolutely the crux of the Tyrod issue. You simply have to go and watch the tape, because the problem with Tyrod is not the plays he makes.... it is the ones he doesn't. The 2 yard gains on a scramble that should have been a 25 yard pass play to a wide open receiver he has not seen.

"Issue with Tyrod Taylor are the throws he doesnt attempt. Leaves too many open receivers on the field. No stat can show this."

This is absolutely the crux of the Tyrod issue. You simply have to go and watch the tape, because the problem with Tyrod is not the plays he makes.... it is the ones he doesn't. The 2 yard gains on a scramble that should have been a 25 yard pass play to a wide open receiver he has not seen.

Yeah but he doesn't turn the ball over. That's all that matters right?

"Issue with Tyrod Taylor are the throws he doesn’t attempt. Leaves too many open receivers on the field. No stat can show this."

Right on, the All 22 doesn't lie. It didn't matter who his WR were, they were open.

Edited by old school