The Tyrod Taylor Question

You're all over the place. Marcus Mariota, Russell Wilson and if you want to include Dak Prescott as guys that have had very good success immediately.

Now you want to try and put in qualifiers with the the number of pass attempts. They were low because our passing game wasn't good.

Mind boggling

Mariota and Wilson had very similar success to Tyrod in their first few years starting. Granted, they were rookies. But their success is incredibly comparable.

Mariota - 27 Games, 30.4 Attempts per game, 1.815 TD per game, 1.63 TD/TO, 238.2 YPG

Tyrod - 29 Games, 28.1 Attempts per game, 1.621 TD per game, 3.36 TD/TO, 234.6 YPG

Wilson - 32 Games, 25.0 Attempts per game, 1.781 TD per game, 2.85 TD/TO, 219.6 YPG

Prescott - 16 Games, 28.7 Attempts per game, 1.813 TD per game, 3.63 TD/TO, 237.9 YPG

EDIT: Added Dak, Used 2 years of Wilson instead of 3

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta run, it was fun,

I could care less what Lynn who has zero experience as an OC said,

with all due respect Tee

LOL....

You're not going to listen to the guy who ran our offense and called the plays. He doesn't matter because he's not the guy who would know about our offense. You do however. Got it.

Edited by Teeflebees

Mariota and Wilson had very similar success to Tyrod in their first few years starting. Granted, they were rookies. But their success is incredibly comparable.

Mariota - 27 Games, 30.4 Attempts per game, 1.815 TD per game, 1.63 TD/TO, 238.2 YPG

Tyrod - 29 Games, 28.1 Attempts per game, 1.621 TD per game, 3.36 TD/TO, 234.6 YPG

Wilson - 32 Games, 25.0 Attempts per game, 1.781 TD per game, 2.85 TD/TO, 219.6 YPG

Prescott - 16 Games, 28.7 Attempts per game, 1.813 TD per game, 3.63 TD/TO, 237.9 YPG

EDIT: Added Dak, Used 2 years of Wilson instead of 3

you're completely ignoring yards...where all of the above average between 25 and 50 yards per game more than Taylor

Again, nope. He sat out for his first four years but after that immediately established himself. In his fifth year, his first as a starter, he was 12th in yards, 5th in TDs. Sixth year, 12th and 8th. He was off to the races very quickly.

In regards to Danny White:

You're right on the establishing himself quickly. However, that was not his 5th season as a pro, it was his 7h. He played for the Memphis Showboats for 2 years before joining Dallas.

He was also a franchise punter while backing up Roger.

Danny was an excellent QB (and punter). Not sure why his name never comes up when mentioning "franchise QB"s from the past.

Edited by reddogblitz

LOL....

You're not going to listen to the guy who ran our offense and called the plays. He doesn't matter because he's not the guy who would know about our offense. You do however. Got it.

Just more willful ignorance and excuse making for TT. It's always something...coaches, receivers, the line, not enough experience starting...it never ends.

LOL....

I just have an opinion and its no better then yours are anybody else.

Practice makes perfect though Tee and everyon just needs to realize the Bills O put more time and effort into the run game and less in the passing game then any other team in the league.

It was by design and Taylor/ passing ability had zero to do with it IMO.

Just more willful ignorance and excuse making for TT. It's always something...coaches, receivers, the line, not enough experience starting...it never ends.

Do you see me insulting Tee, bang, or anybody else that disagree's with me?

You got that right...

Edited by Figster

Practice makes perfect though Tee and everyon just needs to realize the Bills O put more time and effort into the run game and less in the passing game then any other team in the league.

You're saying your opinion on the Bills offense and what they wanted to do on gamedays is at the same level as Anthony Lynn's?

You're saying in practice, we didn't work on throwing the ball? Were we handing the ball of 7 on 7's and 11 on 11's all the time?

Okay well then you're saying the Bills really, really, really wanted to be a one dimensional team. It didn't matter who are QB was, even if it was Aaron Rodgers....we weren't going to throw the ball.

Tell me again how the NFL was more of a passing league 30 years ago than it is today?

The sky is green and the clouds are purple. IMO

Do you see me insulting Tee, bang, or anybody else that disagree's with me?

400 points scored should have been enough for the playoffs. Doesn't matter how they are scored. Very low turnovers by the offense, not enough turnovers by the defense. For example, Oakland's defense overall was not very good, but they had 30 turnovers. The Bills had only 18, and they still finished plus six due to the offense not turning the ball over.

And one could say that injuries and poor coaching hurt the defense in 2016, which is true, but injuries decimated the WR group in 2016 also. This team needs better game day coaching and has to stay healthy, esp with bad depth this season. A Boldin or a Barnidge could make a big difference.

400 points scored should have been enough for the playoffs. Doesn't matter how they are scored. Very low turnovers by the offense, not enough turnovers by the defense. For example, Oakland's defense overall was not very good, but they had 30 turnovers. The Bills had only 18, and they still finished plus six due to the offense not turning the ball over.

But the defense allowed way less points (and yards) than Oakland. Isn't that what matters? Points scored versus points allowed?

That's how we judge things, right?

And one could say that injuries and poor coaching hurt the defense in 2016, which is true, but injuries decimated the WR group in 2016 also. This team needs better game day coaching and has to stay healthy, esp with bad depth this season. A Boldin or a Barnidge could make a big difference.

...two words.....WRECKS RYAN...a debacle of a hiring.........

The sky is green and the clouds are purple. IMO

You're saying your opinion on the Bills offense and what they wanted to do on gamedays is at the same level as Anthony Lynn's?

You're saying in practice, we didn't work on throwing the ball? Were we handing the ball of 7 on 7's and 11 on 11's all the time?

Okay well then you're saying the Bills really, really, really wanted to be a one dimensional team. It didn't matter who are QB was, even if it was Aaron Rodgers....we weren't going to throw the ball.

Tell me again how the NFL was more of a passing league 30 years ago than it is today?

Wouldn' t Taylors top 10 QBR and TD to INT ratio suggest to you that T T can handle more on his plate in the passing game, not less?

Tyrod has played well enough to make the payoffs IMHO. The defense gave up a lot of points, injuries, and a lack luster WR corp has been our achilles heel. But this is just my opinion. This years WR corp is just as weak until proven otherwise. I think bringing on A. Bolden would be a big help with this group of WR's .

...two words.....WRECKS RYAN...a debacle of a hiring.........

yeah, his work with the defense really was subpar at times.

But the defense allowed way less points (and yards) than Oakland. Isn't that what matters? Points scored versus points allowed?

That's how we judge things, right?

Let's do that then. The offense averaged 25 points against the playoff teams. The defense gave up an average of 33 points against the playoff teams.

Tyrod has played well enough to make the payoffs IMHO. The defense gave up a lot of points, injuries, and a lack luster WR corp has been our achilles heel. But this is just my opinion. This years WR corp is just as weak until proven otherwise. I think bringing on A. Bolden would be a big help with this group of WR's .

I agree. And I hope Boldin signs here soon.